Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Because Canadians think their accents aren't noticeable to Americans when they absolutely are.
    I doubt it. Visit the major cities and there are hardly anyone who speaks with some sort of obvious accent.

It's way more noticeable when it's a British or American accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle34916205/

Very interesting. It is clear that this is in large part because of Canadian values and the belief in multiculturalism, diversity and helping those in need.

However, it is a dark day for the tourism industry down south as falling numbers of tourists will certainly hit the economy hard.
    Why are you posting the same story again? No one gave a shit about the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Why are you posting the same story again? No one gave a shit about the first one.
    I thought it was interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it. Visit the major cities and there are hardly anyone who speaks with some sort of obvious accent.

It's way more noticeable when it's a British or American accent.
    Oh no, you all have accents to others.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    good, the view of canadian over here is even worse. you guys are useless when it comes to defense spending. USELESS

also as a citizen of Las Vegas i can firmly say we dgaf about canadian money. l2fuckingtip
    Maybe you should get a real job where you don't have to beg people for money? Professional begger seems like a shitty job anyway.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Well considering Trump damn near has border guards cavity searching Canadians I would not come here either.

Ah the daily canada news with tennisface getting debunked by kellhound
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

to be fair, the majority of the people that participated in that survey (canadian one) are immigrants or at the very least their parents are...

as for the u.s., not enough mexicans were interviewed.

sooo.... i sense some bias there

I'm heading down to the US for Blizzcon in November. I'm slightly darker skinned, should I be concerned?

10+ Year Old Account
    Canadian immigration is far more harsh and strict than the US. They do not have a right to a opinion regarding America's.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Because Canadians think their accents aren't noticeable to Americans when they absolutely are.
    I play with a guy from south carolina and we get mistaken all the time. Apparently we sound exactly the same is what multiple people have said. I live in Toronto, so there ya go. I also find people regularly assume im american when im on vacation.

Canada's a big place bud, people from alberta sound different than people from newfoundland just like people from boston sound different than people from alabama. There isn't a singular canadian or american accent and many of them can be mixed up. Heard your fellow countrymen from northern minnesota before? I bet you would assume them canadian.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Well considering Trump damn near has border guards cavity searching Canadians I would not come here either.
    I was just in florida for a cruise and chicago for a conference, nothing different than any other year for me. But im also a TSA pre-checked nexus card holding austrian canadian so im basically invisible to trump and friends.
    Last edited by Zoneseek; 2017-05-09 at 04:35 PM.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    I play with a guy from south carolina and we get mistaken all the time. Apparently we sound exactly the same is what multiple people have said. I live in Toronto, so there ya go. I also find people regularly assume im american when im on vacation.

Canada's a big place bud, people from alberta sound different than people from newfoundland just like people from boston sound different than people from alabama. There isn't a singular canadian or american accent and many of them can be mixed up. Heard your fellow countrymen from northern minnesota before? I bet you would assume them canadian.

I was just in florida for a cruise and chicago for a conference, nothing different than any other year for me. But im also a TSA pre-checked nexus card holding austrian canadian so im basically invisible to trump and friends.
    Considering only 65% of Canadians speak English in the home, I would say Canada has an even greater language/accent variation than the US.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Depends on where they're from, really. Yoopers sound a lot like Canadians in northern Ontario. Canadians in southern Ontario sound the same as lower Michigan and that region, which is pretty close to Standard.
    No! All Canada sound same! All US sound same! Dallas and Boston same! Toronto and Yellowknife same!
    *crosses arms, sits huffily*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Ah the daily canada news with tennisface getting debunked by kellhound
    Wrong. See post #73

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong. See post #73
    A few minutes of talking will separate any native Canadian from any native American in short order if you are paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    A few minutes of talking will separate any native Canadian from any native American in short order if you are paying attention.
    Oh really so you could tell the difference of someone from northern minnesota and someone from right across the border or from niagara falls, ny and ont?

I think you're full of BS.

Depends on where they're from, really. Yoopers sound a lot like Canadians in northern Ontario. Canadians in southern Ontario sound the same as lower Michigan and that region, which is pretty close to Standard.
    Of course. I suppose what I was more specifically referring to was the accent you find Ontario.

While I agree it is similar to the American Midwest accent, the way certain Canadians pronounce words like "around", "mouth" and "house", is very distinct and distinguishable (to me at least)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Nice veiled nation bashing tenn.
    It's only nation bashing to the mods here if its against Canada, Sweden, sometimes Germany, and any Muslim country.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Maybe you should get a real job where you don't have to beg people for money? Professional begger seems like a shitty job anyway.
    I'm assuming you don't know how tipping works in the US. They're allowed to pay wait staff shit money because the OWNERS imply you'll be tipping(or rather anyone and everyone in the US implies this).

What exactly do you think is the difference?
    The pronounciation of the words that I listed and similar ones. The Midwest accent does not sound like that to me

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    good, the view of canadian over here is even worse. you guys are useless when it comes to defense spending. USELESS

also as a citizen of Las Vegas i can firmly say we dgaf about canadian money. l2fuckingtip
    As someone who lives in Canada, use our fucking money we DGAF bout your money.