Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Isn't it amazing when people stereotype themselves so much that you can tell who's thread it is before you even open it?
    I almost spilt my coffee by laughing at your post, because it's very true indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    I almost spilt my coffee by laughing at your post, because it's very true indeed.
    Just ignore the initial OP and just discuss the character that is usually more fun. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Feardotdead View Post
    How is Wrathion badly written?

So because a character isn't some image of Jesus where he makes perfect decisions given by God himself all the time means he's badly written?

Quite the opposite. Characters making mistakes makes them more relatable and human.

Do people know what badly written means?

Just because you don't like the character doesn't mean they're badly written.

Actually for a character to get such a nerdrage emotional response of their in game actions means they're probably written extremely well.
    I believe he's just butthurt because he thinks Blizz "forgot" about Wrathion. When time and time again, Blizz has proven characters and their stories are only on the backburner.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    That's an odd way to spell Sylvanas Windrunner.
    Or Illidan..

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The horde was overwhelmed in moments and separated through a giant cliff, sending a runner was out of the question as well, there was no connection to the alliance battlefield at the time etc. Sylvanas sounded the horn and the legion took over their position in a few moments after all, there wasn't much that could be done, lorewise communication on the battlefields happens through sound signals.

Both factions were in in a tight spot to begin with, they walked right into a legion trap and it played out, just like they had expected it.
    You may try to handwave as you wish, but being realistic: if the Horde was so suddenly overwhelmed, I doubt any of them would survive. I mean, it requires a strong army to appear out of nowhere, and still the Horde would need to leave SOMEONE holding them back so the rest could retreat.

It's like this:
    Moment 1: Armies are advancing fine, hold their positions.
    Moment 2: When Sylvanas notices, they are already overwhelmed and losing. Sylvanas blows the horn
    Moment 3: Horde has retreated already

Anyone can notice that there's something amiss here. Something should've be shown happening between moments 1 and 2 and moments 2 and 3. Both are perfect timings for the Horde to warn the Alliance that they'd soon be without backup so the Alliance could retreat.

By negleting to show moments 1.5 and/or 2.5, Blizzard creates false tension. Any army with any intelligence would either figure out they'd be overwhelmed before they are actually losing, or they'd have no time to retreat as they'd be crushed before they could do anything. You can't have both.

That's why the discussion of the situation is a hot topic. We were given an unrealistic scenario to begin with.

Notice that I'm complaining about the storytelling, I'm not using this as an excuse to blame any character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just ignore the initial OP and just discuss the character that is usually more fun. ;P
    I can't argue with that.
    Speaking of which, I'm really afraid of Genn's future, he is very old, I'm not sure how many years he has left.
    Assuming the Worgen curse doesn't affect life extension at all, I'd guess he has another decade left max. I want him to accomplish something great before he is done for good, like, retaking Gilneas .
    Something that unfortunately it's not going to happen any time soon.
    Last edited by Graden; 2017-05-09 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Anyone can notice that there's something amiss here. Something should've be shown happening between moments 1 and 2 and moments 2 and 3. Both are perfect timings for the Horde to warn the Alliance that they'd soon be without backup so the Alliance could retreat.
    Given their positions at the time communication was not really possible except for things like horns. Not to mention the breaking of the horde had no immediate negative effects on the alliance. They weren't about to be overwhelmed from their flank, because a natural obstacle was in the way. Though pushing further became impossible, since the demons would flank them eventually. Heck the only reason the Alliance lost their high king was because Gul'dan unleashed another trap that had nothing to do with the horde being overwhelmed to begin with, the giant fel reaver, otherwise they would have retreated just fine.

I agree we saw too little, like the horde properly retreating etc. though I would say it wasn't really necessary and it was obvious blizz wanted to create tensions with this cinematic.

By negleting to show moments 1.5 and/or 2.5, Blizzard creates false tension. Any army with any intelligence would either figure out they'd be overwhelmed before they are actually losing, or they'd have no time to retreat as they'd be crushed before they could do anything. You can't have both.
    The horde lines were breaking the demons were overwhelming them after aerial bombardment it happened very fast, the survival of the horde seems to have been more luck than anything else to be honest.

That's why the discussion of the situation is a hot topic. We were given an unrealistic scenario to begin with.
    It is intentional, blizz didn't want a cut clear scenario

he's not even a real character. just a pawn they can play when they want to "lolfactionconflict"

it's tired, it's stupid, it's done with, and i fucking hate every time it happens. the faction conflict idiots should be fucking banned from the game.

I can't argue with that.
    Speaking of which, I'm really afraid of Genn's future, he is very old, I'm not sure how many years he has left.
    Assuming the Worgen curse doesn't affect life extension at all, I'd guess he has another decade left max. I want him to accomplish something great before he is done for good, like, retaking Gilneas .
    It is time blizz involves tess more and introduces more royal kids asap, because some of their short lived characters are about to bite it quite soon and more royal bloodlines will end.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I can't argue with that.
    Not with that attitude.

Gilnaes should be easy to take back now that Sylvanas's fleet isnt near Gilnaes anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Gilnaes should be easy to take back now that Sylvanas's fleet isnt near Gilnaes anymore.
    Naw the two are too busy playing capture the flag at warden towers <.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Not with that attitude.

I wonder why the Forsaken didn't bother with the zone at all all this time, they could build another military harbor, or even rebuild and reinforce the wall, to push back another possible Alliance invasion to Silverpine through Gilneas.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I wonder why the Forsaken didn't bother with the zone at all all this time, they could build another military harbor, or even rebuild and reinforce the wall, to push back another possible Alliance invasion to Silverpine through Gilneas.
    too busy with raveyards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Where is their first harbor anyway? The forsaken have had a sizeable fleet since the pre-Wrath events (or possibly earlier, it would make sense if Sylvanas was scouting ahead in Northrend even before the Northrend campaign. Such a fleet requires a large harbor as well as a dry dock to built them at. And if they DO have such a dock, which they must, why did they need Gilneas anyway? Blizzard makes no sense as always.
    THey didn't need Gilneas, Garrosh wanted it for two reasons, his own port away from the icky undeads, and he could kill the forsaken off doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

THey didn't need Gilneas, Garrosh wanted it for two reasons, his own port away from the icky undeads, and he could kill the forsaken off doing it.
    Getting their relatively fertile land and forests for his people, pesky little orc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Getting their relatively fertile land and forests for his people, pesky little orc.
    I can already imagine orc shepherd with his little sheeps in gilneas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is their first harbor anyway? The forsaken have had a sizeable fleet since the pre-Wrath events (or possibly earlier, it would make sense if Sylvanas was scouting ahead in Northrend even before the Northrend campaign. Such a fleet requires a large harbor as well as a dry dock to built them at. And if they DO have such a dock, which they must, why did they need Gilneas anyway? Blizzard makes no sense as always.
    As far as I remember there's no mention of it at all but they sure have, if I had to guess it's this one : http://wow.gamepedia.com/Lordaeron_Harbor

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Gilneas and Lordaeron for da orcs zug zug ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post

I like how OP didnt contribute with anything.. He just created troll thread and let people fight.

I mean, I still don't get that one! They should have force marched the orcs to the dark portal and pushed them through one by one, then built Nethergarde Keep on Hellfire Peninsula instead and stop the orcs from ever gaining access to the portal again, with a constantly supply line right through the portal.
    The Dark Portal was destroyed, and as far as they knew it was destroyed forever.