Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    I'm personally very hyped for this. About those wondering if Alleria will be in it, she won't. Neither her nor her mother were born yet during the Troll Wars. One of their ancestor Windrunners, can't remember his name, was the ranger general that crafted Thas'dorah.
    Depends if they stick with their encyclopedia in that regard, Alleria was originally that old and came to renown during the troll wars, due to the high numbers of trolls she killed.

wouldn't bother with encyclopedia.

Illidan, Tyrande and Malfurion were stated to be millenia old before the Great Sundering but in the Chronicles, it doesn't seem that way.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    wouldn't bother with encyclopedia.

Illidan, Tyrande and Malfurion were stated to be millenia old before the Great Sundering but in the Chronicles, it doesn't seem that way.
    Blizz till says it is overall canon not quite updated, though. So outright dismissing it is still not quite possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Better hope things are mostly the same just more detail in how things went. I expect Troll wars to have a lot of troll lore but...not a *wankfest*
    I really hope spotlight on all three involved factions here and decently written and not something like humans save the day, the trolls are pure evil and deserve to be pushed around and elves being portrayed as helpless.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Blizz till says it is overall canon not quite updated, though. So outright dismissing it is still not quite possible.
    yeah just warning you.

she most likely won't appear in the novel.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    yeah just warning you.

she most likely won't appear in the novel.
    I am aware, expected this since their little thas'dorah storyline, though this novel can still shed some light on one of the greatest conflicts after wota. It has potential, if handled correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Pretty sure this solidifies the idea that the next expansion is all about Azshara and Rastakhan.
    They wouldn't just launch a random novel out of the blue that has nothing to do with future content.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I am aware, expected this since their little thas'dorah storyline, though this novel can still shed some light on one of the greatest conflicts after wota. It has potential, if handled correctly.
    I hope so too man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    I really hope they would give some justice to Forest trolls. Show that they had every right to be against elves knowing their previous experiences. But my gut feeling tells me it's gonna be another elf+human wankfest.

And it would be nice to hear of prominent Troll heroes, because outside of Zul'Jin there isn't one big enough troll (forest) Hero. Hell, there aren't any troll heroes left that actually have more than few lines of description about themselves.
    Trolls are punching bags of WarCraft!. How to make a name for yourself? Kill lots of trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now I can totally see a time travelling expansion featuring old Lordaeron with High elves and Amani as New playable subraces

Trolls didn't invade anyone, it's the elves and humans that pushed further to their territory so of course they responded with agression. What is also important is that Forest trolls immediately recognised the bastards that previously waged wars with them.

In Chronicles it was stated that Azshara had deals with trolls, that she will leave them alone if trolls will stay within their borders. And some years laters those little fuckers returns and demand more land. AFTER taking already huge chunk of their lands before.

And lastly those were Amani sacred grounds. They had to protect them with zeal.

It's had not to sympathy with trolls in this case, because they were only protecting their home. Yet they were always portrayed as evil doers that had to be fought by principle.
    Yup, that's what I hope they capture with the trolls. I am so tired of one-dimensional villains who are just like "hahaha i'm gonna kill all u guys, i'm gonna destroy the world, nyahahahaha" they're so boring. I like it when both sides have at least a drop of a good motivation, like even though the Horde was in the wrong in the first and second wars, Orgrimm wanted them to direct their bloodlust toward the Alliance rather than each other, and knew there was no going back to Draenor that was mostly dead (I guess Nagrand and Terokkar alone couldn't sustain them all?), and that his people needed a healthy land to live in. He took control of a bad situation with Blackhand and Gul'dan and did the best he could with it, trying to bring the orcs back to their honorable roots in some small fashion.

If they capture the fact that the trolls were just protecting their land from an invading group that had previously (from the trolls' perspective) agreed not to encroach in their territory, I'll be glad for that. Whenever I go to Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub and see the Amani and Gurubashi trying to save their society, I wonder about the families, the kids, all the people just trying to live in safety, who may not be hell-bent on killing the elves/other enemies, but just want their children to be able to thrive. I want to see some humanity in every character. Something that helps you identify with them at least somewhat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did always want a Troll Wars Caverns of Time Dungeon or related content of some sort. :/
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Hmm, lets see if this is real. If it is indeed real, then it will most likely have nothing to do with current or coming WoW content. If the release date on that amazon page is correct then we will still be on Argus when this novel hits. Also: even if the next expansion is related to the Zandalari, I dont see how Forest Trolls play into this.

Im actually glad that they release a novel unrelated to the game. While Im not exactly a Golden fan, I think people are a bit unfair to her, considering that she basically had to write "art by committee" and was limited by the direction the game was supposed to take. Lets hope that Kemp has a bit more room to be creative and that that improves the quality of the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    https://www.amazon.fr/World-Warcraft...e-trollkriege/

This is really going to be interesting that war is very important in the universe of warcraft.

I would like to see the grand magister Belo'vir and Anasterian, I would like to see how to use Felo'melorn to kill hundreds of trolls
    I honestly didn't anticipate Blizzard to ever write a book about the mmo-champion forums, but alas here it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-Cante View Post
    we will still be on Argus when this novel hits..
    Illidan Novel Release Date: April 12, 2016
    Current Patch: 6.2 killing Archimonde and already aware of Legion

Troll Wars Novel Release Date: November 13, 2017
    Current patch: 7.(3/4) killing Sargeras/KJ/Whoever and already aware of the next expansion

Not saying its super important, it isn't, but it is not breaking a precedent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    ah.. as i suspected, Troll novel, trolls are going to play a part in the next expansion, probably Zul'dazar, Azshara, the seas, the old gods.
    "Troll Wars" would be more of a "high elf civilization and human empire fleshing out" novel than a troll novel.

Which is a novel that we need for quite some time, even before Chronicle and Legion started to finally showing up the human origins.

- - - Updated - - -

Trolls didn't invade anyone, it's the elves and humans that pushed further to their territory so of course they responded with agression. What is also important is that Forest trolls immediately recognised the bastards that previously waged wars with them.
    The Amani did invaded the human lands in Western Lordaeron.

This war has a lot of good characters to flesh out and quite a few famous weapons.

Anasterian Sunstrider - Felo'melorn
    Belo'vir Salonar - Stones of Spark, Light, and Sun
    Talanas Windrunner - Thas'dorah
    Thalorien Dawnseeker - Quel'Delar
    Thoradin - Strom'kar
    Ignaeus Trollbane - Trol'kalar
    Lordain
    Meryl Felstorm (then Winterstorm)

I'm excited to see who makes it in.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    Now I can totally see a time travelling expansion featuring old Lordaeron with High elves and Amani as New playable subraces
    can have high elves and Revantusk trolls as Subrace.Auric is the highelf representative and Elder Torntusk the leader of the Revantusk

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    can have high elves and Revantusk trolls as Subrace.Auric is the highelf representative and Elder Torntusk the leader of the Revantusk
    Eh, that's two subraces just for Horde. Not likely to happen.

But if it did, I'd love there to be a unique starting area for the high elves on Quel'danas, arriving there to visit the Sunwell and at the end of the experience, they rejoin Silvermoon as loyal blood elves (it's a name, not a biological distinction, they'd still have their blue eyes).

And Revantusk should have a starting experience where they take Jintha'Alor as a home city for trolls. That'd be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    Eh, that's two subraces just for Horde. Not likely to happen.

But if it did, I'd love there to be a unique starting area for the high elves on Quel'danas, arriving there to visit the Sunwell and at the end of the experience, they rejoin Silvermoon as loyal blood elves (it's a name, not a biological distinction, they'd still have their blue eyes).

And Revantusk should have a starting experience where they take Jintha'Alor as a home city for trolls. That'd be awesome.
    Make subraces for all races, Less panda

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The Amani did invaded the human lands in Western Lordaeron.
    You have it backward. The Amani owned that land until the humans took it from them.

I really hope they would give some justice to Forest trolls. Show that they had every right to be against elves knowing their previous experiences.
    This is basically how the Forest Trolls were originally portrayed in Warcraft 2. Their 'hat' was Native Americans being attacked by Human Cowboys, which had since been dumped by the wayside come Warcraft 3 when Blizzard changed which Trolls were in the Horde (the Forest Trolls were, up until the split from the original concept to modern War3 and WoW, still part of the Horde).

And, no matter how some of the Community Managers at the time tried to portray it, Zul'jin in the Zul'Aman trailer still had all those traits from the Warcraft 2 concept.
    Last edited by arcaneshot; 2017-05-09 at 10:06 PM.