Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Lore-wise it makes sense.
    Gameplay-wise it makes sense.
    Community based it makes sense.

The only problem they need to overcome is the mount issue but i see them do the worgen thing with them.
    Some kind of travelform for them and let them shape shift into Highbourne out of combat (maybe High Elf if Horde - since it would be a illusion anyways)
    They just need to make some lore that supports the Naga to retake there Original form but we alrdy saw Azshara use illusion magic to retake her Highbourne form in Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post

The only problem they need to overcome is the mount issue but i see them do the worgen thing with them.
    Some kind of travelform for them and let them shape shift into Highbourne out of combat (maybe High Elf if Horde - since it would be a illusion anyways)
    They just need to make some lore that supports the Naga to retake there Original form but we alrdy saw Azshara use illusion magic to retake her Highbourne form in Legion.
    if they become some highborn or some high elf thing they can go to hell, fuck elves

if out of combat they can have legs, but to be elves again i hope no

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    if they become some highborn or some high elf thing they can go to hell, fuck elves

if out of combat they can have legs, but to be elves again i hope no
    Naga with legs suck then they might just aswell not do Naga.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    What are the chances that the Naga will become playable? Zero.
    Agreed. I'll only mention this. Boots.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    its obvious, Because of the direction the story was going

the horde machine was growing in the lore, Garrosh was pumping the horde to war, they need become more technological and more trained, the goblins was perfect to stand against the gnome technology, and way more easy to do.

Right now the ogres are the The best candidates for a playable race for the horde, you can say many races, who could be playable to the horde side, but ogres are above

personally Ogres to horde and vrykul to alliance would just be damn right

so, next expansion, nagas could go to horde and something else for alliance
    Vrykul don't really have much of a palace in the Alliance imo. The two major candidates for the Alliance is either Arakkoa or furbolgs. Arakkoa have been a long requested race and are pretty compatible with races like draenei and night elves as strong-magic users with a reverence for nature.

Furbolgs have historically been an ally to the kaldorei and multiple tribes are either officially in the Alliance or Alliance-leaning by being allies to the night elves.

The only way that it'll happen:

a) A splinter group of Naga (rebels against Azshara)
    b) They have two-forms: Naga (combat) and Hybrid Elf/Naga (travel and non-combat)

Now, by hybrid form, I'm envisioning a model that's similar to the pirates in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, i.e. half-elf and half-naga in appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Agreed. I'll only mention this. Boots.

/thread
    Really? That is your response? All the races with hooves in this game half like half a boot and we are concerned they can't make a tail sock or ring for naga boots? Like that one slot is the make it or break it for any race.....c'mon.

I think Naga could work, and I think would be one of the better choices choices for a new race. Not a fan of Ogre as I just find it such a boring generic choice, but understand why people want it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah Tuskarr for the horde and Vrykul for the Alliance.. Or even better just do a MoP and have a neutral race with a choice of faction option..

Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    They don't need legs, and they don't need to rob worgen of Two Forms either. If bipedal races can sit on mounts with their legs on both sides, then naga can sit sidesaddle on mounts with their tails on one side. Here's an illustration someone made. You can also look at Li-Ming's mounted animation in HotS, even though she's human.

That said, if Blizzard is seriously concerned that people are going to be horribly bewildered and confused over boots not displaying on naga, they can give them an illusion spell that transforms them into elves the same way we see Azshara do it in Azsuna. I'd rather they didn't, but it wouldn't kill me if they did. They definitely don't need, though.

I only speak for myself, but I want naga as they've appeared since WC3. I don't want legged sea elves.

Please, no furbolgs.

I like vrykul for the Horde for a number of reasons, the biggest being that they'd help further balance faction populations. They'd likely bring paladins if they were added, so I can see at least a few blood elf players race changing to vrykul, and others might give the faction a shot if they can play as half-giant vikings. A lot of people really enjoy that theme and have been petitioning for vrykul since WotLK.

I'm also sure they're setting up Odyn to die later. If he does, that leaves the kvaldir open for Sylvanas to swoop in and recruit to the Horde. They'd make a pretty cool sub-race option for vrykul, if they're not just added to the Horde instead of them.
    That would be a massive revamp to over 300 models and animations (for the mounts), so I doubt that they'll ever "have them sit sideways" versus the ease of the two-forms option.

7+ Year Old Account
    To all the dumbasses thinking nagas need legs.
    http://imgur.com/Nh2ANTc
    /thread
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say it's 50% - either they become a playable race or they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Just like Pandaren.
    Pandas were planned to be the race for the Alliance in Burning Crusade.

Naga on the other hand, will never happen.

If it's truly a naga/azshara centric expansion then yes I see Blizzard shoe-horning it in (making it fit even if it doesn't), because the fanboy praise would be off the charts (kinda like demon hunters were). I don't think it's a particularly good idea and the mount thing is very weird, but yes I can see Blizzard absolutely not caring and doing it anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    will never happen.
    Excellent reasoning, your logic is transparent.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I would look askance at the Naga as a playable race not because of gameplay or art reasons, but because there's nothing really in the story that seems to point to it as a possibility. Until Legion we've encountered a grand total of one Naga NPC that has been neutral or friendly (Skar'this the Heretic in TBC) - most of the other Naga appear to be tightly controlled by Azshara and loyal to her as a result. Now we have a handful of Illidari-aligned Naga in the form of Lady S'theno and her ilk, but they seem quite few in number and it would be difficult to explain them as the source for playable Naga.

I wouldn't say it is impossible, but it feels pretty unlikely to me. But I also never saw Worgen or Pandaren as real possibilities either, so I guess we will see what the future holds.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I would look askance at the Naga as a playable race not because of gameplay or art reasons, but because there's nothing really in the story that seems to point to it as a possibility. Until Legion we've encountered a grand total of one Naga NPC that has been neutral or friendly (Skar'this the Heretic in TBC) - most of the other Naga appear to be tightly controlled by Azshara and loyal to her as a result. Now we have a handful of Illidari-aligned Naga in the form of Lady S'theno and her ilk, but they seem quite few in number and it would be difficult to explain them as the source for playable Naga.

I wouldn't say it is impossible, but it feels pretty unlikely to me. But I also never saw Worgen or Pandaren as real possibilities either, so I guess we will see what the future holds.
    At this point, ogres should be playable before any other race.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post

mounting would not be an issue

sit like that on any saddle and it works

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    At this point, ogres should be playable before any other race.
    They're definitely up there I would agree. Probably one of the NPC races with most lore and exposure at this point, all the way back to WC2. I'm not personally opposed to Naga if they're done right, of course; but they'd need a really good lead-in for it to make sense to me.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Pandas were planned to be the race for the Alliance in Burning Crusade.

Naga on the other hand, will never happen.
    "pandaren makes sense, but naga, no never"

yeah you should never use never, specially in bold

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoutinelyWorgen View Post
    The armor-placement system is mostly automated with modellers deciding how gear stretches over their frame in the future during initial development.

So no, ingame equipment is irrelevant to the development of new races for the most part and it's pretty easy to deal with as seen with Worgen and Tauren players. But a good chunk of the Nagas' appeal stems from their tail so they could easily just make their models ignore legging-appearances in a similar way to Tauren, Draenei, Pandaren and Worgen in regards to boots.
    or they could do this

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Worgen don't shape shift out of combat in order to mount, I really don't see that analogy. The Naga would have to have a special mounted animation where they coil and stand akin to sidesaddle. Would it clip horribly with most mounts? Yes. So what, almost everything in WoW suffers from horribly clipping anyway.
    what nym here says, mounts clip alot of the fucking time i mean come on, so having them side saddle and clip on a few mounts here and there... whatever. wearing robes and sitting on a mount clips allready because the robes just go through the mount

not the best art but sorta puts it

aswell as the one i linked above that is on the trike

It'd require extra work to solve the "no legs" issue. Something Blizzard is allergic to. So not likely. Unless they get wiped out/get so lazy they stop breathing because it's too much effort and the property gets bought out or they get mindcontrolled by a space wizard, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.