Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The new armory way better, people complain like this about any major change because people can't handle change.

Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    The new armory way better, people complain like this about any major change because people can't handle change.
    you cant even see ratings of secondaries... just the actual % which is fucking useless LMAO

they didn't even fix artifact weapon scaling LMAO

it's a complete failure of an update.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Don't really care about the look of it, I'm just bothered by its instability on mobile devices. I can't even scroll down the page without it lagging and opening up every armor piece.
    Probably on your end. Works completely fine on my Samsung Note 5.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    This is sarcasm right? I mean.. it has to be
    welcome to one of many gimlix threads, i imagine his avatar and how he looks every moment of his life
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    well yes, did you missed the old website/armory ? it had layouts of stone and scrolls from the in game UI
    It is still a website. The new profile page also has backgrounds to it that matches the style that appears in game. So if that is the only logic for what makes a website "fitting a medieval fantasy" then the new ones fits just as much as the old one. Why is it that stone and scrolls from the in-game UI match the genre of the game more then a background of locations that resemble that of the actual game world?

That still ignores the greater point of you saying a website doesn't meet a medieval fantasy so is bad. Its a website it won't meet it in the slightest.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Even less things are displaying then it did before. How are people accepting this? First they downgrade the game and now also their armory.
    What is next, you see only your character's model and not the gear?

Remember the old WoW's website armory? The glory days
    The WoD armory was the best and easiest to read. This new one is EXTREMELY hard to read, everything is so scattered out that you'd need at least a 4k monitor, which barely anyone can afford, considering the astronomical prices of them. And even then it probably wouldn't all fit into one screen like the WoD one did. Where's the pet tab?
    AND WORST OF ALL, THERE ARE NO GODDAMN ITEM TOOLTIPS!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I don't like the way it looks. Everything is just a bit too big. I don't need half my screen for half the information.
    THANK YOU. its WAY to freaking big. And on archivements you have no possible to see how far you are actually. like how many % of EK, kalimdor quests you have done like you could before....

Slap in the face unsubbed
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It is still a website. The new profile page also has backgrounds to it that matches the style that appears in game. So if that is the only logic for what makes a website "fitting a medieval fantasy" then the new ones fits just as much as the old one. Why is it that stone and scrolls from the in-game UI match the genre of the game more then a background of locations that resemble that of the actual game world?

That still ignores the greater point of you saying a website doesn't meet a medieval fantasy so is bad. Its a website it won't meet it in the slightest.
    there is just people to disagree with anything here, if we say a ball is round someone will argue that it's not

the style of the website is modern and close to a flatdesign type, it's just not the same theme as the game UI
    anyway I made my point already

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    there is just people to disagree with anything here, if we say a ball is round someone will argue that it's not
    So a background for characters that resembles your class hall is less a part of the fantasy then scrolls and bricks? I'm not arguing a ball is not round here and I'm not disagreeing with anything. I'm saying that you are flat out wrong that the current design does not meet the game's fantasy. The old profile theme was not the same theme as the game UI so you are still way off.

I'm still curious why you think the "medieval fantasy" is met more by scrolls and borders then artistic representations of in-game locations? An image of your class hall represents the medieval fantasy less then clip art?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    It served perfect purpose for for guild recruiters.
    If a guild recruiter, used that to decide if they'd recruit that person, they're trash.

Deleted
    It's quite clearly made for smart phones/tablets, the difference in layout is huge...

On my desktop computer everything is too stretched out and large, on my smart phone it's all compact and nicely placed, no idea why they would "forget" that desktop computers exist in this smart-phone infested time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    Armory was the best when you could pose your character.
    Indeed, I really miss being able to customize that.

Somebody needs to introduce blizzard to the web development best practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don't think so. My sister and husband are also experiencing it. All on mobile devices. Works fine on my desktop.
    Is it just tooltips that are wonky? Maybe you're all using the same browser? I was using Chrome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So a background for characters that resembles your class hall is less a part of the fantasy then scrolls and bricks? I'm not arguing a ball is not round here and I'm not disagreeing with anything. I'm saying that you are flat out wrong that the current design does not meet the game's fantasy. The old profile theme was not the same theme as the game UI so you are still way off.

I'm still curious why you think the "medieval fantasy" is met more by scrolls and borders then artistic representations of in-game locations? An image of your class hall represents the medieval fantasy less then clip art?
    the theme is made up by the menu mostly, not by the background. the current menus are made of css/design and modern elements. the old (prior to wotlk) made by the same stone/scrolls type as the in game menus.
    I mean just open the armory achievement tab and compare with the in game achievement tab. I'll stop there redirecting you to what I said earlier

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    4k monitor, which barely anyone can afford, considering the astronomical prices of them.
    I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but i had to laugh at this bit. I think you need to look up what astronomical means and also perhaps what people can afford. There are plenty of 4k monitors under $400. Cheap, no, astronomical, hell no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Who said anything about recruiting through it. I said it's useful info for recruiters. Learn to read maybe?
    That's like using MSN for communication, extremely stupid on a huge level

It looks a heck of a lot better but I don't think anyone can argue with a straight face that it's lacking a fair bit of important information that the old version had. I'm pretty hopeful they will add it back in however.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    This is sarcasm right? I mean.. it has to be
    So what's the point of giving people less information? How is this an upgrade?