Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    There are certainly legitimate reasons for him to be let go: the issue now is the timing. The reasons they gave were all completely applicable 100 days ago- so why now?

In any case, firing the person that is investigating your own campaign is never good optics.
    Here is an accurate description of the left:

The timing! The Timing!

Trump's a reality TV star!

The timing! The timing!

You getting the picture yet, dolts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Here are 10 of Comey's biggest embarrassments at the FBI:
    Long, irrelevant list snipped.

FBI was investigating Trump. Trump fired him. Anything on your list is irrelevant. to current context.

No fair looking for reasons to justify his firing.

No fair mudslinging.

Firing the person that is investigating you is a tacit admission of guilt.

Here endeth the lesson.

EDIT: Any and all opinions to the contrary must be defended with "Why just after Yates threw the investigation back into the spotlight? If this list of reasons to fire Comey was so long, why was he still the head of the FBI yesterday?" And I'll just tell you now, what ever reasons you give, I'm going to dismiss them as bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    Yeah, that would take astronomical levels of stupidity. I wonder if Trump is really that unfathomably stupid, or if Trump feels secure in regards to Russian allegations.
    Either that, or he knows his supporters won't care, and will continue defending him for everything he does.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Doesn't this look really bad for Trump in terms of the Russian investigations?
    Nah, because there isn't any evidence to suggest they were working together. If there was he would be impeached already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    I'm amazed. For several reasons. Why fire Comey who for all the circus is considered a non-partisan serious director?

Why have the Deputy Attorney General. The one who was almost unanimously confirmed by the Senate, as in both Republicans and Democrats recommend this?

I understand that there was a desire to get rid of Comey from both sides of the isle, but this is not a wise move.

There were however many rumors that Comey had lost the respect of his agents within the FBI after some of the decisions he made.
    Hes no non-partisan. He was installed by Obama and he has done everything he could to protect Hillary from being indicted and charged for political reasons. Anyone else commits a crime and intent isnt considered (plus we all know Hillary intended to do what she did. You dont accidentally setup a private email server and use it for classified information)

"I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors"

ahahahahahaahah.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by 0ptimo View Post
    Here is an accurate description of the left:

The timing! The Timing!

The timing! The timing!

You getting the picture yet, dolts?
    How long until your other account gets unbanned?

It just doesn't matter to Trump zealots...Congress will find him guilty of treason and they still will believe in their god...

If you think Donald Trump will never win the presidency. Oh, shit, fuck, that was like 6 months ago. Sorry. Can't take anything liberals say seriously.
    Cool. I'm not a liberal to anyone but those who are utterly incapable of comprehending complex policy and ideological positions so, this doesn't have quite the sting you wish it did.

You need to take a break and rehearse some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It just doesn't matter to Trump zealots...Congress will find him guilty of treason and they still will believe in their god...
    Let us know when you catch up to reality. Or don't. I don't what to hear about what gender's you identified as between now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Either that, or he knows his supporters won't care, and will continue defending him for everything he does.
    Proven connections between Trump and Russia relating to the election, or something else, goes beyond the scope of what his supporters can effectively help him with.

I still can't tell if Trumps admin is a mastermind at manipulating the liberal media or not.

As per usual, Josh Marshall has a very interesting take on the whole situation.

I'll skip to the end.

In criminal trials there are certain actions defendants can take from which judges will tell juries they can infer guilt. In a political context, this is one of those moments. We are now hearing word from White House officials that the White House is stunned at the backlash at Comey’s firing. Didn’t Democrats think he was doing a bad job? We’re even hearing commentators speculate that maybe this may have been a huge miscalculation. The White House didn’t realize how big a deal this was. In the final analysis I think this will be judged a major miscalculation – just not in the sense they mean. Frankly, no one is that naive. It doesn’t wash.

There is only one reasonable conclusion that can be drawn from the decision to fire Comey: that there is grave wrongdoing at the center of the Russia scandal and that it implicates the President. As I write this, I have a difficult time believing that last sentence myself. But sometimes you have to step back from your assumptions and simply look at what the available evidence is telling you. It’s speaking clearly: the only reasonable explanation is that the President has something immense to hide and needs someone in charge of the FBI who he believes is loyal. Like Jeff Sessions. Like Rod Rosenstein.
    Screw the popcorn, this calls for Pop-Tarts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sally Yates was on her way out, as was normal.
    Sally Yates was fired without a replacement ready because she defied an order that was unConstitutional. And possibly because she knew about Flynn. She was on her way out, yes, but she was still fired for doing her job correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Cool. I'm not a liberal to anyone but those who are utterly incapable of comprehending complex policy and ideological positions so, this doesn't have quite the sting you wish it did.

You need to take a break and rehearse some more.
    Yeah. No one on this website would identify you as a liberal. No fucking way that would ever happen. Nope.

Proven connections between Trump and Russia relating to the election, or something else, goes beyond the scope of what his supporters can effectively help him with.
    Why not, is there really a limit to willful ignorance and cognitive dissonance? There's not a lot of research on the matter, but what there is, shows that people can overlook and rationalize just about anything.

You have Putin supporters cheering him on for assassinating political rivals, is it really that big of a leap to think that Trump's supporters won't ignore any evidence of Russian involvement?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    How long until your other account gets unbanned?
    You lose again. Let's see some more manufactured outrage.

You lose again. Let's see some more manufactured outrage.
    I don't get outraged, when does your other account get unbanned?

10+ Year Old Account
    Let us know when you catch up to reality. Or don't. I don't what to hear about what gender's you identified as between now and then.
    This is the saddest attempt at trolling I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It just doesn't matter to loony leftists, they could have no proof of anything (which they don't) and they would still think he is guilty.