Deleted

Least playable spec in the game right now?

I'm thinking about returning to WoW and I would like to play the least playable spec - even the worst class with the worst DPS - because I think it's fun to make a fun build and prove everyone that you can have fun and do good DPS with a terrible class/spec.

So what is in your opinion the least playable spec and the worst DPS class at the moment?

What spec is played almost by nobody these days?

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral druids and Marksman hunters are pretty shit tier right now.

Feral druids in particular are truly terrible, you literally don't see them anywhere, it's all boomys for dps.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

feral druids maybe, even they can do decent dps.

i think it comes down to not what spec is the worst but which ones are more reliant on specific legendaries to top meters.

like i don't have a good legendary for my shadow spec, just util so far but i can still do about 550-650k dps. that is about middle of the pack average, with the top end being over 1million dps. and the low end 1 legendary being something like 300k.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-05-09 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Is MMS that bad? Isn't it just that BM is much more simpler to play and MMS just has different strengths and limitations than BM. MMS absolutely has mechanics which could be and were better in early expansion. It's still not Survival level of complexity though.

Heard Demo Locks are bad now, no personal experience tho.
    Demo is great as long as they can manage their army of pets and either not change targets or change targets intelligently. They passively cleave so on most fights they are solid by default.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I think subtlety rogues in PvE are one of the least played specs, same for Survival hunters. To this day, I've seen neither of those specs in any PuG raid or dungeon.

Deleted
    windwalker monks are the least played specc since its also the least played class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard that BDKs are quite shit at the moment. I dont play one myself so I cant tell, but I havent seen one in a while when I think about it..

Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    windwalker monks are the least played specc since its also the least played class.
    WWs used to be quite fun and promising during Alpha and early beta before Blizzard decided to randomly fuck the spec up for no reason. I considered maining on after testing on PTR even though I have never felt the desire to play a Monk before. Right then and there Blizzard then said "Oh you like it? Mhh lets patch something so you wont".
    Last edited by Uriel; 2017-05-09 at 10:08 PM.

sub rogue and feral druid are both garbage specs to play, enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    It's not right. Least played class =/= least played spec.

Windwalker monks as a spec are much MUCH more popular than other obscure specs like Survival Hunters or Subtlety Rogues, or Arms Warriors (outside of pvp) and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    it's all boomys for dps.
    Even then, we're horrible at burst AoE (anything lasting shorter than ~8s, which is a single starfall) and our ST DPS is pretty damn low. In general, you just don't see Druids DPSing as much as you do tanking or healing.

OT: Feral Druids, Destruction Warlocks (BEFORE they change it in 7.2.5), Arms Warriors, and I think Unholy DKs are all pretty underplayed. I also never see Survival Hunters at all, but that, like Feral, might be due to its insane complexity for mediocre (at best) DPS. After all, why play a spec that requires significantly more attention and focus to it than a spec that is way easier and pulls the same DPS?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

15+ Year Old Account
    Subtlety rogues.
    Nobody plays it because it's a straightup hassle to play and then you don't even get as much out of it as you would out of a simpler spec. If you've tried configuring your interface for a subtlety rogue once you'll understand why most people find that even the pirate dice game is less frustrating.

And here are other specs where significantly fewer players of that class choose to main that spec (and my expert analysis for why):
    Survival Hunter (actually pretty good and fun to play, complete and utter king of AOE, but hunters are scared of melee, also both other specs way simpler for higher singletarget dps),
    Unholy DK (Frost is simpler and stronger singletarget, and unholy is dependant on bracer legendary),
    Demonology Warlock (pretty strong and fun to play if done correctly, but not easy to gear for or play well, so most people stick with affliction),
    Arcane Mage (half the mages are still in fire FOTM mode from legion launch, the other half are getting into current frost FOTM),
    Discipline Priest (hard to play, reliant on innervates and highly-titanforged mana trinkets, doesn't do as well as other healers on some encounters even under the best circumstances and perfect play, also the completely different gameplay experience compared to any other healer or dps is scaring many people away before they try),
    Feral Druid (dot snapping is bullshit, i get it, but maybe it's also just because the other three specs are in pretty good positions - i assume many oldschool ferals are currently either rogues or bears instead),
    Any Monk (maybe I just am unlucky, but I barely see any monks in PvE, we only have one in our guild right now)
    Last edited by Shoat; 2017-05-09 at 10:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Blizzard didn't have any problem killing Kael'thas, Illidan, Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, or even Kael'thas.

So here is the top5 underplayed specs: (third number is amount of parses, also its heroic, not mythic, so performance is not really in question here)

Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2017-05-09 at 10:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    So here is the top5 underplayed specs: (third number is amount of parses, also its heroic, not mythic, so performance is not really in question here)

Sad to see that a once well played spec like Arms is pushed to the bottom so hard. Glad I abbandoned ship at the right moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Sad to see that a once well played spec like Arms is pushed to the bottom so hard. Glad I abbandoned ship at the right moment.
    If by "well played" you mean FotM then sure. After the nerfs it's still strong but not worth the effort to play if you weren't already invested. I feel arms making a return for ToS, but not by much.

I raid with a good Arms warrior (even if he's slightly overgeared than everyone) but the closer the rest of the raid gets to his ilvl they start outperforming in areas where his shear ilvl muscled through.

Either way there's no point trusting raid parses because most people are FotM parrots who don't bother bringing "inferior comps" to raids and force people to have multiple class/specs maintained to cheese as hard as possible.

Even more reason not to trust parses is because once people have content on farm they just cheese it harder and harder and skew the data (mainly by letting one person tunnel boss while everyone else does the work).
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Subtlety - Spec is too difficult for the average player and you can get more bang for your buck with any other rogue spec. Their artifact looks like crap too

Survival - doesn't excel in anything, bad mobility, eh artifact, convoluted and unintuitive gameplay

Feral - spec is not bad to play and pulls decent numbers, but it's definitely not for everyone. Anybody that memes that it does bad damage is kidding themselves, they can destroy in the right hands. A lot of feral players actually like the spec as is apparently.

UH - annoying to play without addons, bad mobility, bad damage. Cool artifact though.

None. They are all playable in one thing or another. Entirely depends on what you're looking for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo, Survival, out of EVERY spec, has the clunkiest rotation atm. You are constantly focus starved. Without talents or legendaries, you can literally only use 1 focus costing ability on cooldown - Flanking Strike. Everything else is in the "Falls off if you use it ever".

It is also pretty low on damage. Its only strong point is its spammable, strong CCs in rated BGs.

Don't listen to the numbskulls quoting Feral - Feral has excellent single-target dps right now, and the potential for decent burst AoE (Sustain AoE sucks). Depends on talents and legendaries really, but so do most specs - Havoc, for instance, is trash without their ring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinitar View Post
    I think subtlety rogues in PvE are one of the least played specs, same for Survival hunters. To this day, I've seen neither of those specs in any PuG raid or dungeon.
    Sub is garbage compared to how easy and powerful Assassination is, it's quite ridiculous.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't choose for you. We don't allow Help Me Choose My class/spec/role/faction/gender/race/boost threads here.