Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Some might argue that it would give some teams an advantage because only a few have it available to them.
    Right now it is 8 (if I counted right) teams located in states it is not legal for medical purposes, including the Cowboys. NFL allowing it might also help speed up that process (or maybe not, since bible belt).

The Bills hired a new GM yesterday, Brandon Beane from Carolina (not sure whatbhis position was with the panthers). Idk if he is going to be good, but at least the Bills might have their coach and GM on the same page for once.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

10+ Year Old Account

This should be a fun watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    [video=youtube_share;EsFerPn-nvo]https://youtu.be/EsFerPn-nvo[video]

This should be a fun watch.
    Can't see it in my country. Wtf NFL?

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting thing, looking forward to next year already: Early sketch on the Compensatory picks for 2018, based on free agent deals this offseason. OTC: https://overthecap.com/2018-compensa...-update-592017

Looks like a potential 4th and 5th for the Patriots. Not bad, considering the players we brought in through free agency (which made us lose compensation for this).

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh wha stuff is actually happening, Cardinals sign Gabbert, Vikings sign M. Floyd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Huh wha stuff is actually happening, Cardinals sign Gabbert, Vikings sign M. Floyd.
    I think the 9th was the first day when free agent pick ups no longer counted against the compensation picks formula, so it makes sense for teams to start signing people then cause there's a penalty lifted from doing so.

With regards to that, Patriots made a May 9th tender on Blount. This means he can sign with them for 110% of his 2016 salary and if anyone signs him before July 22nd, than that means the Patriots still get normal pick compensation for him.

It's a bit of an annoying situation for Blount. He's going to get less looks for a contract cause he;s basically guaranteed to make 110% of his previous contract if he signs with the Patriots. So other teams will need to approach that AND then they'd have to work him into their pick compensation. There was already chatter out there that teams who were poised to sign him backed off.

On the flipside for Blount, he's now got some guarantee that he can suit up for the Patriots and try to earn his spot on the roster, even if that means he has to beat out younger and more upside players. If he really wnated to stay with the Patriots he has his chance now.

In reality though, probably some team signs him anyway, due to injury or whatever happens and the Patriots get some possible compensation pick at some point if he makes their roster and plays well.

Denver released their back-up center too. Kind of a strange one since Paradis is coming off double hip surgery and the back-up now is a 2nd year guard that has never played center (at least in college or pro) and was a gameday inactive every week last year despite both guards being bad. This o-line is a giant question mark, but I guess actually having an o-line coach makes it seem more likely to work out than the last couple years.

10+ Year Old Account
    110% of his contract is still only $1.1mil

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    110% of his contract is still only $1.1mil
    Mhmmm, this explains in some detail what the Patriots were trying to accomplish: http://www.patspulpit.com/2017/5/11/...source=twitter

Apparently it's most likely to do to protect the team's 4th and 5th round pick compensation that they are likely to receive. It sucks for Blount if this is true, cause it means the Ravens and Giants are suddenly far more unlikely to sign him cause he would threaten their high round picks to be get swiped if he makes the team.

- - - Updated - - -

Patriots just signed their starting Centre David Andrews to a long term extension. No details known yet, just that it is till 2020.

Great news regardless. Means we have the interior O-line starters locked up for the next 2 seasons and we already had the RT under contract for several as well. Just need something to be worked out with LT Nate Solder and we should be set at the O-line for the next 2 seasons.

The Solder issue is significant, so hopefully we can get that fixed, but I feel pretty good about the O-line going into the season for the first time in like 4 years.

It's honestly weird to feel this positive heading into the season. My only issue with the team is edgerusher and I suspect we will address that with a veteran, either before training camp or as a pickup at some point after, either through a roster cut elsewhere or a trade for low round compensation. Even without it though, I suspect we should be okay.

We spent years with just 2 pass rushers and some back ups, so last years abundance at the position was actually kind of an anomoly.

- - - Updated - - -

Brady is the Madden 18 cover guy: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...l-18-cover-boy

Has Bernard Pollard retired yet? Asking for a friend.

To the surprise of absolutely no one, Josh Gordon's appeal for reinstatement was denied.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aww, Rolando McClain was in my town today.

Getting put in jail again for possession http://www.decaturdaily.com/news/loc...0e85ed95e.html

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't help but get hyped about the Bengals rookie class this year.

Joe Mixon is already projected to get a significant number of snaps unlee Jeremy Hill shows flashes of his 2014 self (doubt it) and Bernard is a full go after an ACL tear (doubt it)

John Ross/Josh Malone will probably ride the bench this year. Marvin Lewis seems to be in love with Brandon Lafell. John Ross is recovering from a shoulder tear, and all of our other receivers are too raw to get significant playing time. Which kind of sucks because nobody is going to put a saftey over the top for Brandon Lafell. They might if they're lined up against the fastest player in the NFL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Can't help but get hyped about the Bengals rookie class this year.

Joe Mixon is already projected to get a significant number of snaps unlee Jeremy Hill shows flashes of his 2014 self (doubt it) and Bernard is a full go after an ACL tear (doubt it)

John Ross/Josh Malone will probably ride the bench this year. Marvin Lewis seems to be in love with Brandon Lafell. John Ross is recovering from a shoulder tear, and all of our other receivers are too raw to get significant playing time. Which kind of sucks because nobody is going to put a saftey over the top for Brandon Lafell. They might if they're lined up against the fastest player in the NFL.
    I doubt John Ross stays on the bench much unless it;s due to that injury lingering or due to hitting a rookie wall and not getting it (especially press coverage). If he's even somewhat okay with either of those 2 areas he'll be on the field. Even if it's just 20 go routes every game, he'll be useful. Like you said, have to respect the speed, probably with a safety.

Then again, especially for receivers, it's a harsh transition and many rookie WR struggle. He might need time to adjust. Hard to fuck up on a go route though.

Plenty of rookie receivers start off well, but it probably depends on what Ross is asked to do. Michael Thomas last year, even in an offense that spreads the ball around a lot, had a 90 catch 1100 yard season as a rookie for example. Even Eddie Royal had a similar rookie season, but that probably isn't a good one since he never duplicated it.

Then again, he could also end up like Cody Latimer and never get it figured out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys like Ross have multiple avenues from which to make an impact, even if the receiving isn't there right away, there are still special teams or reverses or trick plays to take advantage of his athleticism. If he stays healthy he makes the team better.

Orlando Franklin was released by the Chargers. Sounds like he was not good in SD, and I don't remember him being bad at RT in Denver. Guess he either lost something or moving to guard hurt him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eddie Lacy's first leg of fat camp is done. Earned 55k.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and it looks like the seahawks want to add a QB, specifically stating they are looking into Kaepernick and RG3.

Please be Kaepernick...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Oh and it looks like the seahawks want to add a QB, specifically stating they are looking into Kaepernick and RG3.

Please be Kaepernick...
    Better get both since the Oline is gonna chew em all up.

Also, I weigh less than 255, where's my check?
    Last edited by draynay; 2017-05-15 at 06:49 PM.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Lol 55k to be under 255lbs as a running back in the NFL. Sad stuff. Shouldn't that just be like, part of the job description?