Thread: Hanamura map.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    more like someone didn't download the extra content released for a bonus campaign showing the one time a character appeared in the franchise in that form.

Every other Warcraft reference to Samuro prior to HotS was for a heavy armored orc from no stated clan (?) singing for the honor or the horde.

As I was more familiar with the map editing and how most of those 'random' names were tied to no actual characters the assumption was that Samuro was just that... Generic blademaster from a list.
    Honestly, i don't recall downloading the extra content, i just played horde campaign of TFT and it had a mission with Samuro in it
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Ah well...it's not my favorite, but every map doesn't need to be the same. I like that it's different.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gotta love the crowd who read that MERCS ARE IMPORTANT and ignore payloads to go cap as many mercs as possible... and don't realise you have to actually pick the items up.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    That's the key reason they don't like it. It's new, different and fresh. For me, it's fine. I find those camps useless a bit as well but somehow we always get few.
    you have no right to speak for anyone else as you have no clue why they hate it.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Looks like someone didn't played WC3 campaign, huehuehue.
    No, seriously, Samuro was like the last blademaster from burning blade clan

- - - Updated - - -

...Or you get a reckon camp and it's not a problem anymore

- - - Updated - - -

Well, if 2nd team AFKs at base, sure...

- - - Updated - - -

Butcher is a great pick, because, well, you know... TLV being #1 hero here... so lots of meat stacks from them... and you can basically solo them all... and you probably can add a brightwing here...

It's just surprises me that players STILL don't know how to play on this map. It looks like some players can't wrap their mind around different kind of objective than "right click the core!".
    Extreme EXP gain from mercs encourage bribe characters (not murky kind, but more like Falstad and/or Brightwing). I can recall even picking all the best characters for one ranked game - TLV, Falstad and BW one time, it was awesome
    You are talking about League, we are mostly bitching about QM. Yesterday I got my easiest win there. Me as Hammer, Morales, 2 tanks and Nova. We just grouped and destroyed both their outer forts and enemies weren't afk. They tried to stop us all the time but couldn't do a shit.
    Also I lost there. Their team had 2 good pushers and we didn't have any counters. That's the whole point of the map - destroy forts, push payload, ignore rest. Map is fast so there is no late game. It rewards early game comps and punish late game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    The amount of sheer stupidity and denial just to attempt to make what you said valid.
    What is stupid about it, enlighten me.

Not saying it matters to me, but some people like to play characters they never had a chance to play as.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skorpio View Post
    You are talking about League, we are mostly bitching about QM. Yesterday I got my easiest win there. Me as Hammer, Morales, 2 tanks and Nova. We just grouped and destroyed both their outer forts and enemies weren't afk. They tried to stop us all the time but couldn't do a shit.
    Also I lost there. Their team had 2 good pushers and we didn't have any counters. That's the whole point of the map - destroy forts, push payload, ignore rest. Map is fast so there is no late game. It rewards early game comps and punish late game.
    There is hardly anything to bitch about QM - it's a QM, you put half of your victory into matchmaking hands, it's just nature of it
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I'm not speaking for anyone else. I'm reacting to what others are writing.
    You obviously haven't read much of the thread then, because there are a PLETHORA of reasons outlined here as to why people hate Hanamura that are not "it's new"
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Butcher is a great pick, because, well, you know... TLV being #1 hero here... so lots of meat stacks from them... and you can basically solo them all... and you probably can add a brightwing here...

It's just surprises me that players STILL don't know how to play on this map. It looks like some players can't wrap their mind around different kind of objective than "right click the core!".
    Extreme EXP gain from mercs encourage bribe characters (not murky kind, but more like Falstad and/or Brightwing). I can recall even picking all the best characters for one ranked game - TLV, Falstad and BW one time, it was awesome
    I don't see TLV often enough on this map and speaking as someone who mains The Butcher, I hate playing him without the quest completed and with only 1 minion wave at a time instead of the usual 2 you grab at Blackheart's Bay, Tomb of the Spider Queen, Sky Temple, Infernal Shrines, Cursed Hollow and Dragon Shire it takes sooooo long to complete that you are just better of with another ambusher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutthearkin View Post
    I don't see TLV often enough on this map and speaking as someone who mains The Butcher, I hate playing him without the quest completed and with only 1 minion wave at a time instead of the usual 2 you grab at Blackheart's Bay, Tomb of the Spider Queen, Sky Temple, Infernal Shrines, Cursed Hollow and Dragon Shire it takes sooooo long to complete that you are just better of with another ambusher.
    I haven't realized how good TLV are and missed the ban on them for enemy first pick. 3 Hanamura in a row it got picked first. At 3rd pick i tried out Butcher and it was fantastic (TLV was mainly used to bribe + solo push while 4 players contest), so i (Butcher) had BW on my side, i could charge into Erik, one shot him, BW polymorphs Baleog and i kill him and Olaf usually gets away. They can't sprint or jump at this point (sprint is negated by charge and poly, jump isn't available early). They are just that - a very easy target for Butcher to get early meat rolling.

But without Butcher they are a nightmare, they can soak both lanes while getting merc camps or push the payload with x3 speed, it's like this map was created with them in mind

I haven't realized how good TLV are and missed the ban on them for enemy first pick. 3 Hanamura in a row it got picked first. At 3rd pick i tried out Butcher and it was fantastic (TLV was mainly used to bribe + solo push while 4 players contest), so i (Butcher) had BW on my side, i could charge into Erik, one shot him, BW polymorphs Baleog and i kill him and Olaf usually gets away. They can't sprint or jump at this point (sprint is negated by charge and poly, jump isn't available early). They are just that - a very easy target for Butcher to get early meat rolling.

But without Butcher they are a nightmare, they can soak both lanes while getting merc camps or push the payload with x3 speed, it's like this map was created with them in mind
    Well I might be wrong so I will just check this later, I just don't like Butcher on 2 lane maps. Zeratul is also way better at killing vikings without issue and he is better on this map in my opinion because he has so much more to bring to your strategy.

There's been maps I love, like and a couple that are a bit meh. But this one takes the cake... honestly I wish we could blacklist a map in the rotation, especially now that this one is new and seems to proc for me more than any other map.
    - It doesn't last very long, barely get above lvl 15 (but as I don't like it, guess that's a pro?)
    - Camps as mentioned don't have any great use apart from the boss.
    - Both teams just grind the other's core down until one manages to get an extra attack and then it's pretty much over.
    - Forcing the enemy's cart backwards doesn't feel rewarding in the slightest.

*However* I do like the brawl version, now that was more of what I was expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    What is stupid about it, enlighten me.

Not saying it matters to me, but some people like to play characters they never had a chance to play as.
    It's just funny you tried arguing against what I said. It just comes off as incredibly stupid. A whole other kind of stupid.
    Advanced stupid.

Simply put, I just don't understand why anyone would cry about Overwatch heroes being added into a MASHUP of Blizzard's IPs. A mashup Blizzard hasn't done all too well with, seeing as how almost half the roster of playable characters are all Warcraft characters, when Diablo, Starcraft, and Overwatch has plenty of characters to add. Especially Overwatch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    It's just funny you tried arguing against what I said. It just comes off as incredibly stupid. A whole other kind of stupid.
    Advanced stupid.

Simply put, I just don't understand why anyone would cry about Overwatch heroes being added into a MASHUP of Blizzard's IPs. A mashup Blizzard hasn't done all too well with, seeing as how almost half the roster of playable characters are all Warcraft characters, when Diablo, Starcraft, and Overwatch has plenty of characters to add. Especially Overwatch.
    I didn't try to argue, there was nothing in my tone showing that.

In the end the only 'advanced' stupid is you, because you pretend your opinion is more valuable.

To me personally (just my opinion) this is by far the worst map in the lineup, and for the first time since playing in alpha, I've desired a map downvote system so I can ignore this one forever.

Honestly, i don't recall downloading the extra content, i just played horde campaign of TFT and it had a mission with Samuro in it
    TFT's campaigns were Night Elves in those islands, Blood elves getting their shit kicked in, then Arthas going god mode. Those were the main stories. The Horde's bit was dubbed a bonus campaign and only had the mission leading up to an apparent trap to lure Thrall out. The second and third missions were added later.

Going back and learning up on it, I found that Samuro shows up in the second mission and is only referenced as a blademaster. I don't think it said anything more than he was hunting in the region and joined up with them for a couple tasks. As to whether he was a burning blade orc... I assumed that was something added later as they went back into other orc clan information.

Given that Warcraft had no other mention of a Samuro until E.T.C. stepped in, that I'd never seen missions 2 or 3 of the 'bonus campaign', and that WC3's main sighting of the name involved 'random' hero unit names I was left to assume that Samuro as a 'Blade Master' was just a coincidence. Would have been nice to actually see him in WoD then since they went out of their way to drop other characters in like baby Nazgrim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    -snip-
    "Throm-Ka brother, I am Samuro." is the first thing he says in that mission.

I mean, yeah, he wasn't important character in lore. Goal was to introduce iconic Wacraft III Hero unit. Samuro shares the look and is pretty much the only living Blademaster with at least some basis in lore.