Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Telling young girls that they are probably going to be raped (even if its not true) leads to increased anxiety about rape?

I would post the Nick Cage "You don't say?!" meme, but I don't want infractions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    Most be an american phenomena.
    Thank god man. Never heard of that stuff here.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Actually it isn't because in that case he's not responsible since he couldn't consent either as he was under the influence of alcohol.
    So, men are free to rape people when drunk and that makes them not responsible? Does that apply to everything? Drunk driving? Assault?

"Sorry officer, I didn't mean to smash that guys face in with a bottle, I was drunk."
    "Oh, so sorry, clearly the alcohol did it. You're free to go"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    So, men are free to rape people when drunk and that makes them not responsible? Does that apply to everything? Drunk driving? Assault?

"Sorry officer, I didn't mean to smash that guys face in with a bottle, I was drunk."
    So it's automatically rape if the lady suddenly decides the guy is ugly the morning after sex when both were lampshade wearing drunk?
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

15+ Year Old Account
    Like I have said again and again, Colleges should not be dealing with rape, that is a police matter.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Why are you assuming that the man was the one who raped when both parties were drunk? Sexist much?

If women are free to have regret when drunk and call it rape because "you can't consent while drunk" how should a man be accountable for his actions while drunk? If anything if a drunk man has sex with a sober women it's her raping him by what the left tries to say with women.

If anything if a drunk man has sex with a sober women it's her raping him by what the left tries to say with women.
    Damn, I'll have to confront my wife. She doesn't consume alcohol and I usually do the nights we have sex.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    It's a systemic flaw. And your "rape culture" exists, even though not in such a blatant way. Many men see women only as a commodity, a cunt to fuck, a womb to raise their children, and a slave to do the housework. Granted, such men are more often to find in Islamic countries (which is the reason why I despise this religion, but same works for any other religion preaching this way) - but I bet, that many alt-right men think exactly the same of women as well. Here in Germany, the alt-right AfD parts is just the same as the Islamic extremists in terms of gender rights. Women should stay at home, be obedient to their men, give birth to at least 3 children, yadda, yadda. As if the NSDAP has been revived.
    germany must be a fucked up place to live. i've known thousands of men over my lifetime and not once have i heard one say that in real life, only on the internet as a joke.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing being Raped by People who believe in Rape Culture is the intelligence of people that have to listen to their idiocy.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course not. But by the same Token these are the kind of people that say Women aren't responsible enough to know how to Consent if they are drunk.

So either both genders are held responsible for actions while drunk or neither is.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    I am a 24 year old male and I couldn't even consider the possibility of raping someone. What on earth is wrong with all the men at these universities? Don't they have an upbringing or what? Or is this yet another case of alcohol?
    The sad truth is, some people have no more feelings for other human beings than they do for cockroaches. Students should be able to pack a weapon and then those who attempt to rape someone, have their balls ether shot off or cut off, by the victim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The sad truth is, some people have no more feelings for other human beings than they do for cockroaches. Students should be able to pack a weapon and then those who attempt to rape someone, have their balls ether shot off or cut off, by the victim.
    I'd very much like to meet one of these people. I very rarely get the opportunity to punch someone here in Sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post

Of course not. But by the same Token these are the kind of people that say Women aren't responsible enough to know how to Consent if they are drunk.

So either both genders are held responsible for actions while drunk or neither is.
    If women are free to have regret when drunk and call it rape because "you can't consent while drunk" how should a man be accountable for his actions while drunk? If anything if a drunk man has sex with a sober women it's her raping him by what the left tries to say with women.
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    So it's automatically rape if the lady suddenly decides the guy is ugly the morning after sex when both were lampshade wearing drunk?
    Quote Originally Posted by Taneras View Post
    Why are you assuming that the man was the one who raped when both parties were drunk? Sexist much?
    I was referring to people being forcibly raped/gang-raped than drunken one-night stands, seeing as how at the time we were discussing why women are scared to be walking around campus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Not all rape is committed by some creepy predator hiding in the bushes waiting to ambush drunk girls on their way home.

Rape (in case you've been asleep at the wheel) is more commonly committed by a friend or family member. Let that sink in for a second... friend or family member.

Rape is often committed by people the victims feel comfortable with. So not only is there this physical assault that occurs but this betrayal of trust. The point I'm trying to make here is that because of this intimate and fractured relationship between victim and assailant, they don't want that person to suffer the extent of the law. They want recognition and an apology, and they want space and time to heal.

If you and I are dating, and I want to take the relationship to the next level, and you don't, and I force myself on you. That's rape. That is damn near impossible to prove though. It's he said vs she said. Or he said vs he said (I think you're a dude).
    Very interesting post, with data I have heard before, for a lomg time but never substantiated. I know this thread is about american colleges but a very recent report (06/04-17) here in Sweden verifies that a whopping 69%(!) of sexually oriented crimes are perpetrated by a stranger and the other breakdown of the stat is 21% is by an acquaintance and 10% by someone close to you.

Source: https://www.bra.se/bra/brott-och-sta...xualbrott.html

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Safol View Post
    Very interesting post, with data I have heard before, for a lomg time but never substantiated. I know this thread is about american colleges but a very recent report (06/04-17) here in Sweden verifies that a whopping 69%(!) of sexually oriented crimes are perpetrated by a stranger and the other breakdown of the stat is 21% is by an acquaintance and 10% by someone close to you.

Source: https://www.bra.se/bra/brott-och-sta...xualbrott.html
    Even though rape is a sexually oriented crime, #notallsexuallyorientedcrimes

They are just padding the statistics with nonsense like "he looked at me creepy".
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Even though rape is a sexually oriented crime, #notallsexuallyorientedcrimes

They are just padding the statistics with nonsense like "he looked at me creepy".
    I'm not sure. Sweden catches some flak for having a relatively wide definition of rape but from what I read and gather, the regulations on US colleges seem equally if not more liberal.

Also interesting to note, using my own math on reported sexual crimes in swe, about 30% of them are reported as rapes.
    Last edited by mmocbf3af6dcb2; 2017-05-10 at 07:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    well lets see.
    https://www.rainn.org/statistics/campus-sexual-violence

the mystery of why college age women fear sexual vioence has been solved.
    Grabbing a woman's butt is assault. They put that in the same category as rape. The statistics are juiced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nowadays it gets ridiculous, everything is rape, the way someone looks, the fact that someone walks a few minutes long behind me or for some even more retarded reasons, that this person is male. Literally read to some stuff and it always says "the male is evil, hisss", woman can do all the same things, specially if that dude is drunk as hell, do you really think he will be able to do much in his state? Soon young males will be too scared to even approach a girl, because all they read and hear is how fast some girls are to call things rape and sadly in most cases it will end up in the girls favor if there isn't enough evidence for him to prove him innocent.

Also the fact that they're scared of walking on their own campus and are in "constant fear" of being raped is to me ridiculous, i could apply this mentality to stuff like driving, where i could live in constant fear of dying in a car crash to work or when i walk at night i will get stabbed and die.

We should really stop with this "rape culture" nonsense and get back to a normal life, everything right now is getting way over peoples head, race, gender, immigration or this so called rape culture. We're going down a road where people are too scared to say how they think about this topics, because you get branded for "supporting" the negativity that those people "suffer", because people are not obliged to always accept how someones lives his/her life.
    Sig by Thor

Deleted
    Even as a man who's very much capable of defending himself, the consideration is always there that I have to be wary of the people around me and ready to defend myself. When going somewhere new, or going on a football away day, or going out on a night out etc I always think that way because its normal. Letting it bother you to such an extent is a personal choice. I can't speak for all men/lads everywhere, but at that age around 12 or 13, you realise that being out and about in the world has a certain level of risk attached.

You learn to manage that risk. It's a small chance its ever going to happen to you, just on the basis of probability, but there are things people do which increase the likelihood of them being targeted by people for different things. Expensive items on show, mugging. Mouthing off at people, a fight.