The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Rudy Giuliani is in DC?? That 100% means he is going to direct the FBI now! lul... nymag = fake news
    Yeah, and Giuliani being on the previous short list for AG and staying at the Trump Hotel is all just fake news. Keep on chugging that kool-aid. Eyes open or closed?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I guess "Lock her up" is back?
    I sincerely hope, that if Giuliani is nominated, the Senate finds their balls and says no - this is the line in the sand. We will go no further down the rabbit hole with Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So the attorney general can recuse himself from investigations into the trump campaign/clinton email scandal but he can then advise to fire the one person leading the investigations into the campaign over a matter of the clinton email scandal?
    He can pretty much do what he wants. Unless he's impeached, only the President can fire him.

(love your sig btw)

Deleted
    It would be mint if Trump installs a stooge and then uses the FBI's access to mass surveillance to go after Muslims, immigrants + political opponents. Then you fuckers would actually learn what kompromat means.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    A copy of his termination email has been leaked:

To: Jimmy C [james.comey@fbi.gov]
    Subject: Should have read her damn emails!

Your fired!

P.S Before you leave find out why "your" keeps getting a green line under it, I think eco terrorists are hacking my email.

Deleted
    Anyway, when can we stop saying government, and start saying regime?

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    A copy of his termination email has been leaked:
    Hotmail. That's brutal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Anyway, when can we stop saying government, and start saying regime?
    Is it time for a regime change?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Is it time for a regime change?
    Great idea. Now we just need to get the UK to back up an illegal invasion of the US by the US. Shouldn't be a problem getting the US to agree to it, because the US has oil so it must be in their best interests to invade the US.

Wait, wot?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What an obvious admittance of guilt by 45. He is trying to copy his best friends Erdogan and Duterte and become the dictator of the US. Any Republican not already kowtowed is simply fired. The remaining mafia GOP are busy becoming Goebbels, Goering, and Himmler for their beloved cult leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Great idea. Now we just need to get the UK to back up an illegal invasion of the US by the US. Shouldn't be a problem getting the US to agree to it, because the US has oil so it must be in their best interests to invade the US.

Wait, wot?
    The Aussies are generally pretty keen to join in as well for some reason.

Will we have to rename french fries again when the French refuse to help with regime change?

Deleted
    The most interesting thing about Trump is that he has surrounded himself with evangelical crazies. If he goes, the mental rightwing Jesus capliphate buddies get the big seat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how many people are losing their minds over nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post

Wait, wot?
    I hear they have weapons of mass destruction too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    The Aussies are generally pretty keen to join in as well for some reason.
    It's just not a military quagmire without us.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    I love how many people are losing their minds over nothing.
    Sitting President fires head of FBI who is investigating his links to a hostile foreign power, unprecedented in US history.

"Nothing".

Kek.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    He can pretty much do what he wants. Unless he's impeached, only the President can fire him.

(love your sig btw)
    So to recuse yourself means absolutely nothing? Love american politics.

(thanks, yours is great too)
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So to recuse yourself means absolutely nothing? Love american politics.

(thanks, yours is great too)
    I believe all of those departments fall under the executive branch and are therefore at the discretion of the President.

A sane President wouldn't allow a boil like that to fester in their branch though, because they understand the long term political consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *warps in more repurposed legion cruisers*

popcorn is here

*serves the steaks*
    Popcorn and steaks sounds like a weird combo
    Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    People on either side of the political spectrum are no more or less sophisticated, rational, or logical than their ideological counterparts.

Guess it's time to rewatch "All the President's Men" then

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I believe all of those departments fall under the executive branch and are therefore at the discretion of the President.

A sane President wouldn't allow a boil like that to fester in their branch though, because they understand the long term political consequences.
    Considering how high his support numbers are, i doubt long term political consequences is an actual thing in the US. I mean when you take a look at approval ratings, trump is about where obama was most of the time, slightly lower but heck, obama had a bunch of months of 40% approval.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, Trump is cleverly doing this now. The head-on approach didn't work so he's now "more subtle". I firmly believe that he thinks that E.O. stands for Emperor's Orders as well.

Of course we are not allowed to talk about a cover-up, but 1+1 is still 2 as far as I am concerned. It's the behavioural patterns of authoritarian rulers who want to prevent any sort of investigation that could implicate them. Commonly they do not simply say: "I had to make him let go because I don't want to get implicated". No, they usually add a reason that is unrelated and usually worth a slap on the hand at best in good times, the range of reasons determined are usually some form of [currently overlooked] corruption, adultery, age, possible onset of insanity among other things including such as violating a principle. I guess the US system functioned well as long as they had people who respected the mechanics and discipline on which it ran.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hear they have weapons of mass destruction too.

It's just not a military quagmire without us.

Sitting President fires head of FBI who is investigating his links to a hostile foreign power, unprecedented in US history.

"Nothing".

Kek.
    What links? When has Trump been named in the investigation? Comey has said multiple times he's not under investigation at this time. No evidence has come forth to link Trump to any Russian operatives. At best they may investigate Flynn, but that's all there is right now and they may not even bother with Flynn.

Comey was fired for being incompetent and at the recommendation of the AG. An FBI director has been fired before. Bill Clinton did it in 1993 when he fired Sessions for misusing FBI funds and other ethical issues. Comey has behaved quite unorthodox for an FBI director and Democrats have wanted him gone since he publicly talked about investigating Clinton.

So yes, it's nothing. A whole lot of fucking nothing, but it will make some fun fodder for talk shows and such for a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    What links? When has Trump been named in the investigation? Comey has said multiple times he's not under investigation at this time. No evidence has come forth to link Trump to any Russian operatives. At best they may investigate Flynn, but that's all there is right now and they may not even bother with Flynn.

Comey was fired for being incompetent and at the recommendation of the AG. An FBI director has been fired before. Bill Clinton did it in 1993 when he fired Sessions for misusing FBI funds and other ethical issues. Comey has behaved quite unorthodox for an FBI director and Democrats have wanted him gone since he publicly talked about investigating Clinton.

So yes, it's nothing. A whole lot of fucking nothing, but it will make some fun fodder for talk shows and such for a week or so.
    You think an investigation into the Trump campaign does not involve investigating Trump?