Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    This isn't what's happening in rape cases.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would you even go home with someone that shows such trashy behavior?
    Umm because when you are in your early 20's that is usually the main goal of going out to clubs/bars.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post

That's rape victim blaming. It's women taking advantage over drunk man.
    Nope, it's not. Tell the security and have them thrown out for groping people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    Umm because when you are in your early 20's that is usually the main goal of going out to clubs/bars.
    I don't approve of people groping me when I'm out drinking, it's trashy and criminal. I don't know why you would.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope, it's not. Tell the guards and have them thrown out for groping people.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't approve of people groping me when I'm out drinking. I don't know why you would.
    Many people approve and like being groped.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    As I said, you are mixing arguments here. They both can legally consent and they are legally accountable. Or are you suggesting that the man is not a legal father of a child if he impregnates the woman while drunk? That's what "not being legally accountable" means.
    This is purely a discussion to consent for sex while drunk, not anything else like getting her pregnant or killing someone on the way to her house to have sex.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

15+ Year Old Account
    This is purely a discussion to consent for sex while drunk, not anything else like getting her pregnant or killing someone on the way to her house to have sex.
    .......how are those things different and mutually exclusive?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Why would you even go home with someone that shows such trashy behavior? If someone was groping me I'd get the guards attention and have them thrown out.
    You must have an incredibly timid sex drive but if I go to a bar to talk to women, chances are I am looking for sex, wether I am drunk or not. My consent is quite inferred, which is why the whole absolving a person of responsibility when drunk is so stupid.

This is an idiotic question in the title. The answer is obvious, and I hope everyone knows it.

When it comes to intoxication and consent, that's not that difficult to figure out. If someone is too drunk or drugged to give consent, their gender doesn't matter. A man can also be raped whilst too intoxicated, so there is no gender discrepancy. It just happens that men are far more likely to rape women.

Nope, it's not. Tell the security and have them thrown out for groping people.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't approve of people groping me when I'm out drinking, it's trashy and criminal. I don't know why you would.
    Different strokes for different folks obviously.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry

Quote Originally Posted by Safol View Post
    You must have an incredibly timid sex drive but if I go to a bar to talk to women, chances are I am looking for sex, wether I am drunk or not. My consent is quite inferred, which is why the whole absolving a person of responsibility when drunk is so stupid.
    Nobody is being absolved of responsibility when drunk.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's just stupid. Being drunk shouldn't allow others to abuse you.
    I think what they were trying to imply was that if two parties are intoxicated and want to engage in sexual congress, neither should be legally held accountable within reason (ie: if someone is blackout drunk it is legally wrong to have sex with them, but not illegal if both parties are heavily intoxicated and have sex).

Big difference between doing something to another and someone doing something to you.
    Not necessarily the most common situation, and an oversimplification of situations where it is relevant.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Keep that inequality flowing ladies!

But seriously.....for all the bitching that women do nowadays about how unfair life is for them, there's still A LOT of shit that goes in their favor without them even trying for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    .......how are those things different and mutually exclusive?
    You're being intentionally obtuse.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry

Deleted
    Nobody is being absolved of responsibility when drunk.
    Idk I am getting mixed signals.

The law is fairly easy to understand on the subject and it works well. Doesn't mean the system always works, innocent people are accused, and sometimes convicted, ridiculous false equivalency doesn't help matters.

Idk I am getting mixed signals.
    The one doing it should be the one who is held responsible if the other part is too drunk to consent. Usually this is the man but it can be the woman too.

In a recent thread, I learned that apparently women who are drinking/drunk can not legally give consent to sex, however, it doesn't seem there is a level in which males can't legally give consent. So I ask, should women be legally allowed to drink without a male/guardian?

Personally I believe if two drunk adults consent to sex, regardless of how drunk, no one should be held legally accountable the following day. Sadly, If we have reached a point in society where women can no longer decide what they can and can't do while drunk, maybe they shouldn't be allowed that freedom. I mean hell, if they run someone over they are responsible, why not consent ?
    This isn't a sexist defense, it could easily be applied in the case of a man being raped as well. Man rape just doesn't ever(read: rarely) make it into the legal system.

It's akin to someone claiming a "Temporary Insanity" defense, plenty of area for it to be abused by lawyers but it is still a legitimate argument.

Deleted
    The one doing it should be the one who is held responsible if the other part is too drunk to consent. Usually this is the man but it can be the woman too.
    Explain. Are you saying that women are more prone to drinking themselves into such a state wherein they could not possibly give consent?

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends, is the woman in question one of your legally purchased ones?

Explain. Are you saying that women are more prone to drinking themselves into such a state wherein they could not possibly give consent?
    No, I'm saying that men are in charge of the sex more often.

Here's a novel concept, be responsible, and don't have sex with a drunk person. Problem solved.