Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thedeisel View Post
    Another equally good bandaid?
    Just reduce the cost of Starfall baseline to 40 and have it boost stellar empowerments like it boosts the empowerments to nukes. It also requires no mechanical changes.

A legendary ring just flat out does not count as addressing issues—even in a bandaid like way. There are too many other bandaid ways to fix this issue for a legendary ring to count.

All of this said, there's quite clearly a lot of datamining issues/unifinished business with the rings atm. The DH class ring gives DK talents. The mage ring gives rogue talent. In addition, ofc, to there being no stats besides Stam.
    Yeah, they are on the PTR though, and the druid one is displayed the same way as it was datamined -- SotF with no secondaries. It's very likely they just haven't decided what stats to put on the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    Yeah, they are on the PTR though, and the druid one is displayed the same way as it was datamined -- SotF with no secondaries. It's very likely they just haven't decided what stats to put on the ring.
    So what about the age old problem of the people who are up to ledge #9 and still dont have ring. This ring if it ends up live i would assume is a much bigger impact then the helm ever was. I thought Bliz wanted to not make people at such disadvantages for not having a particular ledge? Wasn't that the whole stance they had for nerfing the helm.

this really is a poor way of "baking" a talent into the spec baseline that they feel should be. Either that or a very particular way of them testing if it should become a baseline ability/tallent/spell.

wish they would have commented on something so "impactful" to every class.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    Yes it would be quite silly if this legendary has no stats on it. Otherweise IlvL scaling would be worthless.

The ring might cement the 2pc 4pc discussion

Deleted
    Running the new ring with single target build + SD would be so nice for fights like Elisande, Xavius, Gul'dan, Dragons, Helya.

Inb4 the ring has crit versa on it so all specs can be equally as mad at it.

I don't understand why they would use a legendary to try and band aid fix a critical class issue.

That's the exact thing pretty much every single person has been complaining about since the release of Legion.
    You have an RNG chance to collect an item that is basically "make it or break it" for your performance.

It's a horribly bad design model, and Blizzard is just continuing with the same model. It doesn't matter how great the ring is, it's a terrible way to present a fix.

Pretty meh bandaid fix, it fixes spec issue with a legendary which is quite dumb to start with and at the same time kills legendary diversity between fights !?
    I mean with the ring i don't think i would ever run bracers or ED on ST (unless IFE is useless on the fight because of burst phases or whatnot). I'm eagerly waiting simulation data, but if it's as strong as i imagine we will be running double ring legos for every raid fight.
    Pretty sad IMO because i actually liked the lego system for boomkins (if you had all relevant legendaries) and it made for some interesting choices between encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by joltcola1234 View Post
    I don't understand why they would use a legendary to try and band aid fix a critical class issue.

That's the exact thing pretty much every single person has been complaining about since the release of Legion.
    You have an RNG chance to collect an item that is basically "make it or break it" for your performance.
    We don't have the source for the ring. It could be a reward for the end of our Class campaign questline that culminates in Tomb, which makes sense thematically. It's 'useful' for all 4 specs, at debateable strengths, but usable nonetheless.

We didn't know that the craftable legendaries that came with 7.2 were craftable when they were first datamined, so just hold your pitchfork until we have more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Mewseph View Post
    We don't have the source for the ring. It could be a reward for the end of our Class campaign questline that culminates in Tomb, which makes sense thematically. It's 'useful' for all 4 specs, at debateable strengths, but usable nonetheless.

We didn't know that the craftable legendaries that came with 7.2 were craftable when they were first datamined, so just hold your pitchfork until we have more information.
    This. It may be a guaranteed legendary.

It may also be that they allow the 'talent legendary' to be equippable on top of 2 others to effectively make sure all classes get this talent 'baked in'. I find it incredibly unlikely they're make people choose between the current legendaries and ones that include a talent, the imbalance would be too great between them.

We just don't know yet, so wait....? Or be unessesarily dramatic... either way!

The theme naming for all classes certainly makes it seem that way. It's always Soul of the <Class Title>.

It's also clearly not finished yet. Mages even get a Rogue talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauton View Post
    We just don't know yet, so wait....?
    Or maybe discuss so blizzard can get a feel for how people react to them instead of just always waiting in silence to see what happens. When the final iteration comes out it will be to late to get blizzard to make significant changes.
    I don't get why every freaking issue that is mentioned or a discussion is started on these forums ends up with some smart-ass saying "wait", "sky is not falling", "not finished yet" etc.
    Blizzard releases unfinished stuff on PTR because they want to see what people think, you know ... to generate discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by wewe View Post
    Or maybe discuss so blizzard can get a feel for how people react to them instead of just always waiting in silence to see what happens. When the final iteration comes out it will be to late to get blizzard to make significant changes.
    I don't get why every freaking issue that is mentioned or a discussion is started on these forums ends up with some smart-ass saying "wait", "sky is not falling", "not finished yet" etc.
    Blizzard releases unfinished stuff on PTR because they want to see what people think, you know ... to generate discussions.
    Blizzard doesn't read these forums - discuss it on the PTR forum if you want that.

That aside - They release things a little at a time with everything culminating to the actual change in place. If they released every ring and said 'these are definitely being added as you see them and the legendary cap isn't rising' - then sure, go bonkers, but these are clearly not the final iteration - or should classes without a ring start raging that they've been left out? - that's why i'm saying you should wait, wait until a 'near final iteration' is presented, not a 'this is clearly a first, incomplete, draft and obviously subject to change'

There's a difference.

But sure, the ring is called Soul of the Archdruid - we are the Archdruid therefore we are going to lose our soul and our character will be killed off to equip the ring which i think is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE and we should all CANCEL OUR SUBSCRIPTIONS as classes without their ring don't have to do this and that's clearly OP!!!

*edit* wait wait wait, there's more!! It cannot be destroyed - this means once our character is deleted and put into the ring, we can NEVER get it back, our character that we've spent YEARS creating is now FOREVER DESTROYED!! :O :O

*edit* Noice

Hey, this is fun, I see why you guys do it now! \o/
    Last edited by Tauton; 2017-05-10 at 10:21 AM.

But sure, the ring is called Soul of the Archdruid - we are the Archdruid therefore we are going to lose our soul and our character will be killed off to equip the ring which i think is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE and we should all CANCEL OUR SUBSCRIPTIONS as classes without their ring don't have to do this and that's clearly OP!!!

*edit* wait wait wait, there's more!! It cannot be destroyed - this means once our character is deleted and put into the ring, we can NEVER get it back, our character that we've spent YEARS creating is now FOREVER DESTROYED!! :O :O

*edit* Noice

Hey, this is fun, I see why you guys do it now! \o/
    This totally makes sense and is obviously what is going to happen.

Blizzard doesn't read these forums - discuss it on the PTR forum if you want that.

That aside - They release things a little at a time with everything culminating to the actual change in place. If they released every ring and said 'these are definitely being added as you see them and the legendary cap isn't rising' - then sure, go bonkers, but these are clearly not the final iteration - or should classes without a ring start raging that they've been left out? - that's why i'm saying you should wait, wait until a 'near final iteration' is presented, not a 'this is clearly a first, incomplete, draft and obviously subject to change'
    Releasing changes in smaller batches helps them gather targeted feedback.
    It's also obvious that some classes don't have rings, but that dosen't take away from the fact that the druid ring is not a placeholder so discussions about it can be had. If they didn't want discussions on unfinished stuff they wouldn't push it to PTR. But since they do they are clearly interested in what the player base thinks.

Your childish/attempted humor example clearly shows that you have literally 0 grasp of what legit discussion, feedback is.

Quote Originally Posted by wewe View Post
    Releasing changes in smaller batches helps them gather targeted feedback.
    It's also obvious that some classes don't have rings, but that dosen't take away from the fact that the druid ring is not a placeholder so discussions about it can be had. If they didn't want discussions on unfinished stuff they wouldn't push it to PTR. But since they do they are clearly interested in what the player base thinks.

Your childish/attempted humor example clearly shows that you have literally 0 grasp of what legit discussion, feedback is.
    I guess we shall just have to agree to disagree =)

How about a bet - if this iteration of the ring (gives sotf) and surrounding legendary...ness stays as is (ie still 2 legendaries only and this counts as one like the others do) - I will post on here that you were right and I was wrong. If it doesn't stay in this iteration (as above) then you do the same?

(Seriously though - if you wish to tell blizzard how dumb and silly they're being (your words, not mine) you really need to go to their forums, not these. Feedback / discussion here only has the effect of giving a few players your view, not the people that can change it. If you strongly believe this is a poor choice, go there and tell them what you (the playerbase) thinks and maybe they'll change it =))
    Last edited by Tauton; 2017-05-10 at 10:56 AM.

I guess we shall just have to agree to disagree =)

How about a bet - if this iteration of the ring (gives sotf) and surrounding legendary...ness stays as is (ie still 2 legendaries only and this counts as one like the others do) - I will post on here that you were right and I was wrong. If it doesn't stay in this iteration (as above) then you do the same?

(Seriously though - if you wish to tell blizzard how dumb and silly they're being (your words, not mine) you really need to go to their forums, not these. Feedback / discussion here only has the effect of giving a few players your view, not the people that can change it. If you strongly believe this is a poor choice, go there and tell them what you (the playerbase) thinks and maybe they'll change it =))
    The bet is meaningless, i'm actually on the same opinion that it will change BUT we don't know in which direction so IMO any discussion on the subject is a good thing (and don't need to silenced), because if by some miracle blizzard actually looks at it they can make more informed decisions to what direction to take the rings.
    I would go on the forums but I'm EU and the EU forums are meaningless so I'm left to vent on mmo :-".
    Also this thread is about 7.2.5 changes, I mean what exactly is the problem in discussing a 7.2.5 change that is on the PTR ?
    Anyway enough off topic.
    Lets get back to the more important stuff:
    The ring is going to make me want to do M+ on Tyranical week without feeling like i'm holding back the group, which is a big + in my book no matter how you get it or if it counts as one of the 2 legendaries or not. Also personally it would benefit me more at this point if it would be a drop since i already have 10/10 legos and pretty much would guarantee me getting it first week it's out, but i doubt many people would enjoy that .

Bandaid fix, is dumb, kills legendary diversity, pretty sad, The bet is meaningless, The EU forums are meaningless, Miracles, I was trying to silence you (that's just from 2 posts! :O)

I'm not sure if you would ruin a party by being a complete downer on everything people say or make it fun by being dramatic. I'll put you in my 'maybe' pile for the birthday invite.

Still, if your dramatic point of view is allowed then so should mine regarding the character deletion. I have more to add on that matter (and I feel *very* strongly about it to, so remember, you can't shoot me down as discussion is allowed in case Blizzard and miracles come together on this forum).

The ring cannot be destroyed - fact
    You can't delete a bag that has an item in it - fact
    The ring has to be equipped or put in your backpack - fact
    The backpack only has 16 slots - fact
    Some classes have not had a ring mentioned - fact
    Therefore we're losing 1/16th of our smallest bag by having this ring in future expansion or we have to use old content and remain irrelevant compared to classes without the ring - mmo-fact

If only Blizzard would read this, we wouldn't be underpowered in the next expansion, but alas it is not to be, time to re-roll hunter

Huth gets it <3
    Last edited by Tauton; 2017-05-10 at 11:40 AM.

Oh Tauton, you have to count bankspace. You make it sound so dramatic and doomsday'ie when you say 1/16 of our backpack. And consider that bagspace increases with every expansion! Also don't be sad and reroll hunter, I heard they're getting ammo back.

Foi - I shall consider your wise words, certainly something to consider when it comes to the future of my gaming happiness - bank space.

I do love that the rings say
    'cannot be destroyed'
    'sale price - 56g 7s 7c'

I'd have thought something indestructable would be worth a tad more.... plus, imagine thousands of us selling our rings to a vendor - his whole shop is going to be full of rings he can't destroy! Poor guy

Also, the sale price of our ring is lower than all the others - Blizzard values Rogues the most and Druids the least ;_;

Such injustice in this day and age..... unbelievable.
    Last edited by Tauton; 2017-05-10 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joltcola1234 View Post

It's a horribly bad design model, and Blizzard is just continuing with the same model. It doesn't matter how great the ring is, it's a terrible way to present a fix.
    Because the devs at blizzard are complete and utter fools. They have ruined Balance in both PVE / PVP Theres little point in playing balance at all anymore unless you have the B.I.S Legendaries for balance.