Finally Balance change on the PTR!

And it's nerf to Incarnation...

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget the new ring that grants SotF. Incarnation was most likely nerfed from 50% to 35% AP gen because of its cleave synergy with the new ring.

I think the new ring is an amazing addition, and addresses the opportunity cost of cleave issue I was talking about earlier.

Hmm - I wonder if a build using SotF Ring/OI Bracers as legendaries with the talents Stellar Flare/Stellar Drift is viable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Incarnation tooltip was just an error, no change to incarnation.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...ge=16#post-313

They're taking so damn long with the boomkin update, I actually have a hope they're spending some time and thought into it. I ended buying another token while waiting on the patch notes. Time to make some more shit parses because ED is still integral for single-target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished the mage tower at 895 ilevel after about 15 tries... It gets really rough at the end. The guide in the druid forums here helped quite a bit in terms of talents.

Deleted
    The ring is pretty terrible for ST, 20% empowerment damage is a ~4% dps increase (MAYBE if they give it haste/mastery it will be relevant, but I doubt it). The ring is great for encounters where your primary focus is AOE, but you want to reduce the amount of ST dps you sacrifice (as INC is a pretty significant ST increase). Basically, if you'd pick INC in the first place, the ring is bad, however, any encounter where you'd currently pick SotF the ring is a decent ST boost at the cost of very little AOE. In NH you'd use it on 5/10 encounters, which seems reasonable. Also it is likely gonna be a go to for m+.

Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    In NH you'd use it on 5/10 encounters, which seems reasonable. Also it is likely gonna be a go to for m+.
    For current farm raid yes. But if we had the ring at the start of NH progress pretty sure the only boss i wouldn't have used it on is Krossus and Star Augur.

Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    In NH you'd use it on 5/10 encounters, which seems reasonable. Also it is likely gonna be a go to for m+.
    In using the ring, you'd have to give up one of ED, OI or IFE. Without secondary stats, the ring need to make up for ~10+% damage (stats + effect). I don't think it is worth it under any scenario.

Missing stats on the rings is obviously a temporary thing or datamining error. Otherwise for some specs trading all those stats for mediocre talent could be dps loss, not gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    I think the new ring is an amazing addition, and addresses the opportunity cost of cleave issue I was talking about earlier.
    How so? You lose the benefit of one of your other legendaries for it, there is still an opportunity cost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    How so? You lose the benefit of one of your other legendaries for it, there is still an opportunity cost.
    Opportunity cost of cleave is mainly referring to the trade-off between SotF (cleave) and Inc (ST). You give up a legendary yeah, so the ring still needs to outperform the other options. But it does what other legendaries can't do so well, which is allow us to maintain almost all of our ST DPS while enabling the big Starfall damage.

And another make it or break it legendary. Might be proven to be good in the end and guess what, you have to worship the RNG gods again in order to have it. Why fix the fucking spec, when you can just add another legendary that might(AGAIN) increase the distance between those that have it and those that don't...

Imho, it will fill the spot between full AOE and full ST bosses, like those that spawn an add or 2 between phases, but where you'd need your good ST damage for burst phases or sustained with NB instead of SD.
    More excited to get it for bear/cat tho.
    Last edited by Hellshout; 2017-05-10 at 03:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by beaver1024 View Post
    In using the ring, you'd have to give up one of ED, OI or IFE. Without secondary stats, the ring need to make up for ~10+% damage (stats + effect). I don't think it is worth it under any scenario.
    If you're AOE spec ED and IFE loses a ton of value, even during the single target portions of the encounter, since they rely on ST talents to do that ~10+%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is flight speed capped at 420% or is the add-on that shows me that wrong?
    I've tried with and without Sephuz's secret and it's not changing.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Is flight speed capped at 420% or is the add-on that shows me that wrong?
    I've tried with and without Sephuz's secret and it's not changing.
    Sephuz doesn't affect mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Sephuz doesn't affect mounts.
    Thisalee on the other hand does affect Flight Form.

Anyone know why Gapezilla enchanted mastery on his rings?

Deleted
    Because he doesn't need haste?

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Anyone know why Gapezilla enchanted mastery on his rings?
    could be aoe spec/set
    i see in armory he has aoe trinkets equipped and shoulders

4 sockets on his gear?
    920 haste boots>?
    920 haste gloves?