Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Im really hoping Trump hires Joe Arpaio or Ray Kelly. Either would be the perfect man for the position or FBI Director
    Yeah, put someone who has committed civil rights violations against innocent people to head the FBI... good one. I'm not surprised, coming from someone who hates freedom as much as you do.

7+ Year Old Account
    http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...m-comey-215120

Politico has a fairly interesting take on the matter.

In short? Comey fucked up on a biblical level.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Can one even guarantee an independent investigation at this point, can you? what checks are in place that the new director one of the two names i put forward that are completely in the trump camp are going to be even remotely critical to him?

Since for me to assume that and follow that reasoning it means i have to write off the position of FBI director as a meaningless political seat with no power, does that sound right to you?
    At this point there needs to be a special prosecutor so when nothing is found the citizens cant say it was partisan hacks doing the investigation, like all the Benghazi investigations when everyone plead the fifth (innocent people dont plead the 5th) or refused to turn over documents and evidence needed to conduct an actual and full investigation under the guise of executive privilege leading to a noting major was found conclusion

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    "Hi, I'm about to fire you for entirely non-biased reasons as you yourself confirmed on multiple occasions when you said I'm not being investigated so this clearly isn't something that I'm doing because you're investigating me"

Yeah, nobody talks like that, but seems that line was added knowing that this letter was going to go public and people would start accusing Trump of firing him over the investigation.

Why is Trump even allowed to write official letters without supervision at this point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump has now tweeted about it for the third time. This time, accusing Dems of "play acting" sad that he fired the third person investigating him and his Russian connections.

Check out the comments. Some of them are pretty funny.
    Comey doesnt investigate anything. He is the director. He waits until the department finishes an investigation and then looks over the results and then makes a determination what to do with them. He isnt out interviewing people, gathering evidence, and scouring phone calls and emails for violations of the law. The people doing the investigation are STILL doing it!!

Awesome, like waking up to good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    "Hi, I'm about to fire you for entirely non-biased reasons as you yourself confirmed on multiple occasions when you said I'm not being investigated so this clearly isn't something that I'm doing because you're investigating me"

Yeah, nobody talks like that, but seems that line was added knowing that this letter was going to go public and people would start accusing Trump of firing him over the investigation.
    Spicer: I think this letter is good enough.
    Trump: No! We need to make sure the public knows it's not about the thing even though it's about the thing.

So, since this firing was totally about Comey's misdeeds around the election and has nothing to do with the Russia investigation whatsoever, that means Trump's going to publicly admit that his presidency is based on bad information and gullible voters, right? Because that's what that means. Stupid people jumped to conclusions when Comey talked about reopening the investigation, and that was an inarguable factor behind Clinton's loss. If you admit what Comey did was wrong - which Trump never did before yesterday - then you must also admit that what he did helped put Trump in office. You can't have it both ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Mocking liberals for being "hypocrites" while completely failing to understand the meaning of context.
    soooo business as usual?

Deleted
    As unfortunate as this is, it will be much worse, if Trump is able to replace Comey with a desired candidate.

Whatever, Erdogan would approve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yeah, put someone who has committed civil rights violations against innocent people to head the FBI... good one. I'm not surprised, coming from someone who hates freedom as much as you do.
    Treating scumbag convicts like the trash they are is fine by me (unless youre referring to Kelly supporting stop and frisk in which case its a good thing. Asking someone who looks suspicious or being in a suspicious area to be searched has been found to be constitutional and it works). If you dont want to eat nasty (but not harmful) food and live in a tent in a dessert then dont commit a crime, and Kelly was an awesome NY Police Commissioner during the wake of 9/11

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Awesome, like waking up to good news.
    How's the morning for "awoke independents, totally not trumpkins"?

Good because pro-trump news?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3...mp-russia-ties

Independent senator: Comey could lead Senate investigation on Trump-Russia ties

I mean, dude has a point.
    Yates as his deputy, get Bahara in there too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, CNN found Kellyanne.

Oh look, she's still fucking unstable. Someone get her a handler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Comey doesnt investigate anything. He is the director.
    You make it sound like firing the head of the investigation, will not affect the investigation.

By that logic it's time to get rid of Trump. He's not running the country, he's directing running the country. Everyone else is doing it for him. They are STILL doing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    How's the morning for "awoke independents, totally not trumpkins"?

Good because pro-trump news?
    Are you saying I am Democrat since Comey is a Republican? Or are you confused thinking the FBI is a political office?

Treating scumbag convicts like the trash they are is fine by me (unless youre referring to Kelly supporting stop and frisk in which case its a good thing. Asking someone who looks suspicious or being in a suspicious area to be searched has been found to be constitutional and it works). If you dont want to eat nasty (but not harmful) food and live in a tent in a dessert then dont commit a crime, and Kelly was an awesome NY Police Commissioner during the wake of 9/11
    Both also infringed on the civil rights of INNOCENT PEOPLE. Courts ruled on both, and that is what they said. Why do you hate freedom so much? That's right, you are Orlong, and hating freedom is what you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Oh look, CNN found Kellyanne.

Oh look, she's still fucking unstable. Someone get her a handler.
    Cooper: "Your answer makes no sense."

EDIT: I should have said, that's a video of Conway doing what she does best -- but the load is too much to bear. She comes within a hair of saying "alternative facts". No, really.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2017-05-10 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    Unlike Turkey The United States has an independent judiciary which will stand up to abuse by the executive branch. Just as the courts stood up to Obama when he overreached they'll stand up Trump, they've proven that already.
    Turkey had it too. HAD it. You do not lose these things in 1 day. Turkey is should be prime example of how you lose democracy over time.

Im really hoping Trump hires Joe Arpaio or Ray Kelly. Either would be the perfect man for the position or FBI Director
    Are you trolling?

Arpaio is a 84 year old criminal

And kelly is a priest that sings..I sincerely hope that my goolge search on this a mistake and that you are talking about a guy that shares his name

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Kelly_(singer)

What make Arpaio a criminal any good for something as important as FBI director, this position is something you actually need to know shit outside if somebody is brown or not (mexican)... that's like hiring Ben Carson, a doctor, to lead the Department of Housing and Urban Development