Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I feel some nostalgia, but the redone zones - and especially the questlines - are a much better experience. There used to be like 3 levels without any quest content around lvl 45
    This urban legend is really irritating, especially considering how many people repeat it mindlessly.
    There. Was. Never. Ever. Any. Level. Without. Quest.
    If you didn't found quests at lvl 45, it's because you didn't change zone, not because there was some imaginary "hole" in the leveling.
    For a lvl 45 character, you had quests in Hinterlands, Tanaris, Feralas, Searing Gorge, Azshara, Blasted Lands, plus the tail end of STV, Badlands, Swamp of Sorrows and Dustwallow Marsh.
    OH YEAH I TOTALLY SEE A LACK OF QUESTS HERE !
    /facepalm
    quests that awarded some 1% xp for traversing the whole world there and back, and so on. Classic leveling was a horrible experience, which was only acceptable because all the other MMOs were even worse.
    Considering the BS you said just above, you don't have a lot of credibility to such opinion.
    Last edited by Akka; 2017-05-10 at 07:04 AM.

Deleted
    Whenever i remember vanilla Arathi Highlands. I realize Cata was gift from heavens

Yes and No.

Memories allways tell me how awesome it would be to have them back but i dont dislike the new ones either.

I would wish for a bronze dragon in every zone so you could chose wich one you would see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    This urban legend is really irritating, especially considering how many people repeat it mindlessly.
    There. Was. Never. Ever. Any. Level. Without. Quest.
    If you didn't found quests at lvl 45, it's because you didn't change zone, not because there was some imaginary "hole" in the leveling.
    For a lvl 45 character, you had quests in Hinterlands, Tanaris, Feralas, Searing Gorge, Azshara, Blasted Lands, plus the tail end of STV, Badlands, Swamp of Sorrows and Dustwallow Marsh.
    OH YEAH I TOTALLY SEE A LACK OF QUESTS HERE !
    /facepalm

Considering the BS you said just above, you don't have a lot of credibility to such opinion.
    I very much doubt you played early during launch then.

As others have pointed out: From a questing point of view, there's not a lot to miss. Questing, and the overall flow, was upgraded quite a lot in my opinion.

However, in terms of aesthetics and atmosphere, I do miss some of them. There's so much death and destruction in the new zones. Ashenvale, Westfall and so on had a certain charm about them that is no longer present. For me, when I explore a game world, these things really make a difference.

the only one I can think of is Silithus, since they seriously lopped off a bit of the questing there for fuck knows why.

Deleted
    I don't miss them, but I'm extremely tired of the revamp they should go back to them and get stuff repaired, change the leveling while they are at it. It's a massive beautiful world that just goes to waste which is a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    C'mon man. The game is episodic, you know that. The manpower doesn't exist to further the story in every place, all the time.

Periodic updates are the best we can get. I'm making an argument against those even against things changing from the way they were a dozen years ago. I believe the story moving forward is great. Let's not change an discussion for or against world progression to "lol, it doesn't update every day".
    I don't see how the game benefit if the changes makes it feel even more static and more artificial.
    As said above, an unchanging village with people going on with their life might be static, but it still feels believable - day to day life is a routine that doesn't change a lot with time, so seeing it each time is expected. Action-filled scenes, on the other end, are by essence brief, so it's much more noticeable and sticking out when they are neverending.
    Some places will always be a hotbed of conflict in an adventure game. We can only hope to toss things around on occasion if we do want variation. Though I'll agree that peaceful places in the game are always appreciated too. It seems too often, we only get to see cool places when they are filled with enemies.
    Yes, that's another problem (though it stems from something rather close). The compulsive need of "showing something AWESOME" and to show off action and so on, push the creators to excessively fill the world, giving the frantic, artificial action movie feeling to the whole post-Cata world. I and many others enjoyed much more the "it was a world in which you happened to be" instead of "it's a Hollywood studio set where there is a shoot happening everywhere".

---

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    I very much doubt you played early during launch then.
    Right back at you.
    I regularly have this conversation with ignorant tools, so it's lost the novelty. What I say are facts (supported by personal experience) and people saying otherwise always end up being either newer players having never played Vanilla who mindlessly parrot the urban legends they see on the forum ("hey, these guys said there was a level gap without quests, so I'll just claim it's the case to look knowledgeable"), or dumbasses who just followed a guide which told them it was "more efficient" to grind for level X, and they followed like sheeps rather than explore and discover that there was, in fact, tons of quests - but it required to change zones.

I provided a list of zones with quests in the said level range, so it's obvious for any non-retard to realize there is more than enough. In fact, it's impossible to do all the quests in the game without many turning grey - there is MUCH more than needed.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Given that Barrens and STV was some of the worst zones, I think everyone rejoice they were destroyed and remade..
    I gotta say I completely disagree, pre cata STV was and quite possibly still is my favourite zone of all time.

Deleted
    Right back at you.
    I regularly have this conversation with ignorant tools, so it's lost the novelty. What I say are facts (supported by personal experience) and people saying otherwise always end up being either newer players having never played Vanilla who mindlessly parrot the urban legends they see on the forum ("hey, these guys said there was a level gap without quests, so I'll just claim it's the case to look knowledgeable"), or dumbasses who just followed a guide which told them it was "more efficient" to grind for level X, and they followed like sheeps rather than explore and discover that there was, in fact, tons of quests - but it required to change zones.

I provided a list of zones with quests in the said level range, so it's obvious for any non-retard to realize there is more than enough. In fact, it's impossible to do all the quests in the game without many turning grey - there is MUCH more than needed.
    I did play at launch and the game did run out of quests at later levels, why else do you think they had to put more quests in and populate dead zones in order to not to have a drought? It does show how ignorant you are though, which is not that surprising for someone like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    I did play at launch and the game did run out of quests at later levels
    You either lie or are an idiot who were unable to switch zones. Don't give me this shit, I have, like I just said, extensive personal experience and easily checkable factual proofs about it (just list the zones by levels and count the quests).
    Experience refreshed by playing on private servers recently, which confirmed easily what I say.

You're full of either shit or ignorance. Or both.
    , why else do you think they had to put more quests in and populate dead zones in order to not to have a drought? It does show how ignorant you are though, which is not that surprising for someone like you.
    They added more quests to give more choices, to fill out zones which were empty and to lessen the break in the flow when you had to jump zones.
    Don't talk about ignorance when you display such huge amount of it.

Yes but then Nostalgia is a helluva drug!

Deleted
    You either lie or are an idiot who were unable to switch zones. Don't give me this shit, I have, like I just said, extensive personal experience and easily checkable factual proofs about it (just list the zones by levels and count the quests).
    Experience refreshed by playing on private servers recently, which confirmed easily what I say.
    I think he means at the release and the very early patches. By the end of vanilla (which is what private servers run) there were enough quests. Personally I was super casual and spent more of vanilla leveling and never ran into this (I also hated questing and mostly leveled via dungeons), but I definitely remember in early vanilla people saying that there isn't enough quests for some level ranges. I also remember from early leveling guides that at some level ranges the optimal strategy was to just grind mobs.

Personally I think it's perfectly fine to not have an uninterrupted chain of quests through all the content. The current model feels like a brainless autopilot on-the-rails experience where you cannot fail and you have no choices to make. I much prefer a model where I'm put into a world and have to actual figure things out for myself, where I can actually fail or get stuck, and where at different points I have to do different things. To me it's perfectly fine to have level ranges without quests, where you have to grind or run dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or phase the zones. Certain zones have the option to revert changes to some extent. Blasted lands and Theramore. I would desperately love to see the zones repaired and reverted to pre cata damage.

Old Darkshore was much better. Even the music was better, why did they have to change that? It doesn't have the same ambience that it had before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, Honestly i loved Thousand needles, EPL, Darkshore... you get the idea the list can go on for a while :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Well yeah that is true. Honestly when I posted this I was more thinking about the non elves territory. Barrens and below basically. But yeah you are right.
    I wonder that they didnt touched the new/old starting zones for draenei and blood elves...

Quote Originally Posted by Moshrag View Post
    I just flew through some old vanilla zones where i started this game 11 years ago and it just breaks my heart, like many times before, to see what blizzard did with the Cataclysm Expension to them.

I wish there was something like zoning for them...that the cataclysm would only take place at level 85
    this is what is on my mind. I miss how fun the rogue was during cataclysm that i miss its not there with legion.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Deleted
    I dislike the wrecking of Ashenvale, it was the only true elven forest which was for the most part untouched by corruption and the Horde, where you could really feel what their home is like. Other than that I think most of the changes were good, whilst some of the quest lines are a bit too much on the goofy side, they are also much better designed and much less of a hassle to complete.

I miss the atmosphere of the old Darkshore. It was kinda mysterious and tranquil at the same time.