Lightbulb New rings on PTR

So there will be hellfire amulet like rings introduced in the next patch (the ones grant extra talent)
    I am wondering if there are other D3 features you love to see in wow.
    I for one likes to see treasure goblins like mobs in dungeons or raids, which can drop high quality gear etc but will run away right after you aggro it. They are immune to CC and you have to chase/corner it before the whole dungeon is pulled. They can teleport/split/mirror copy themselves. That will be fun.
    Some kanai's cube transmute/crafting recipes will be nice additions as well.
    /bad English over

Quote Originally Posted by kejer View Post
    I for one likes to see treasure goblins like mobs in dungeons or raids, which can drop high quality gear etc but will run away right after you aggro it. They are immune to CC and you have to chase/corner it before the whole dungeon is pulled. They can teleport/split/mirror copy themselves. That will be fun.
    Let's imagine a treasure goblin spawning in the hallway after Nythendra. Death... death everywhere.
    "Hope can turn into despair in a heartbeat."
    R.I.P Chester Bennington 1976-2017

So there will be hellfire amulet like rings introduced in the next patch (the ones grant extra talent)
    /bad English over
    Those don't sound fun at all. Also, WoW already suffered too much of diablo-fication, no more i'd say.

i dont get it why they add so many features from a failing game.

/bad English over
    The problem with goblins in WoW is the way drops work, it's always shit to start with and increase in power in specific places, running into a goblin in the world would be a gigantic waste of time unless they drop mats and valuable stuff like that, but if it's just dropping like 860 fucking useless gear then there's no point.

I wont be surprised if they add a way to extract the legendary effect and use it without equipping the legendary item in 7.3. Same concept as the cube from D3 but without destroying the legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    I think most of their top devs who used to work primarily on WoW were moved to Overwatch and HotS, and the Diablo code monkeys were moved to WoW because Diablo is pretty much a dead fail at this point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Generally speaking, I don't love so much D3 but equip design is better than WoW, so I'd like to have that designers... a kitten mojo on my shaman will be so cute!

BTW Treasure Goblin was added during Legion alpha... and removed.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    The problem with goblins in WoW is the way drops work, it's always shit to start with and increase in power in specific places, running into a goblin in the world would be a gigantic waste of time unless they drop mats and valuable stuff like that, but if it's just dropping like 860 fucking useless gear then there's no point.
    How about a Gilded Baron goblin which drops a wow token?

10+ Year Old Account
    A game that sold over 30+ million copies isn't a failure I'm afraid.

I still find the latching onto the D3 boogeyman for most personal problems one finds with Legion to be one the funniest WoW complaints ever.

"OMG guys, they added in some extra replay value for some content and its bad because I hate that dastardly lobby ARPG series called Diablo!"

For fucks sake, get over it already or quit the goddamn game. I've been wanting more Diablo feratures in WoW since 2004 and find that the game is better off because of it.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

We already had goblin and cow level on Diablo Anniversary.

Now rings with talents. Seriously Blizzard... just retire. You are clearly out of ideas and trying to grab a few extra bucks from copy/paste code.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post

I still find the latching onto the D3 boogeyman for most personal problems one finds with Legion to be one the funniest WoW complaints ever.

"OMG guys, they added in some extra replay value for some content and its bad because I hate that dastardly lobby ARPG series called Diablo!"

For fucks sake, get over it already or quit the goddamn game. I've been wanting more Diablo feratures in WoW since 2004 and find that the game is better off because of it.
    Oh god... "i hold this opinion and yours is different so your opinion sucks." And i love how you're such a mongoloid that it literally comes down to the binary of accept whatever direction is taken without providing any feedback or quit the game. That's borderline retard logic there.

And yes D3 sold lots of copies. I was two of them and haven't touched the game since week 1 aside from returning for the start of 2 seasons. It's not failing in the sense that there are no subs that could be dipping as it is B2P, but the playerbase is small and dwindling.

They really need to redo their whole loot system. It doesn't make sense for individual items (Legion legendaries) to greatly change the way you play your character and/or give you tons of extra power in a MMO environment - especially when getting one is pure RNG. I'd rather be able to customize my character build more through a better talent system with more options - not items gained through RNG. It does work well in games like Diablo where pretty much the entire point of the game is just grinding loot and building your character around those bonuses and whatnot.

Really wish we could go back to a system where legendaries weren't handed out like candy (this coming from someone who has never been a raider and was perfectly content with knowing I would never get one in the past).
    Last edited by Ickz; 2017-05-10 at 04:08 PM.

Deleted
    It's the same childish behavior of Blizzard like with Ashran: "No, it is not horrible, it didn't fail, you just fail to see how awesome it all is!"

If they'd re-introduce reforging... THAT would be a good addition "from D3" (more or less *cough*). Right now, whenever you get an [Retarded, titanforged bullshit item of the 4th secondary stat choice] you almost want to throw up - in case of Rings and Necklaces it often isn't even worth using it eventhough they differ by 30 itemlevels.

Instead they give us more legendaries for the pool, copy-paste hellfire on it, take out the randomness of the chosen talent (thank god... else we'd got 21 different Hellfire-Talent-Rings). In addition to that, compared to previous legendaries they don't even add something "new" to the game (like Mages getting double Timewarp/Bloodlust etc.).

"Oh, no, soon they'll have all legendaries! What then?! They definitely want even more of them! They don't want to feel complete, they don't want to stick to other stuff, they definitely want new mandatory legendaries!"

Same with artifact power. People were sick of the artifact power grind before 7.2, what did we get? A shit-ton more artifact grind, this time "level impossibru" - since no one wants to reach the finish line (of the current content), we all want to run for the carrot on the stick.

WoW is already "endless content" since the story always goes on, we really didn't need endless content periods on the path of endless content. Especially not when it is actually just recycled stuff like WQs (daily quests, this time with old leveling zone storyquests, yay!), "Greater Rifts" (Mythic+, same dungeon, just bigger numbers and random affix combos per week, that are horribly balanced), Paragon Level (Artifact Power) and so on.

The biggest joke at the moment is actually their argument in the interview with Ion. "We could have released all 7.2 content right at the start, could have rushed through it in a week. You'd have nothing left for the period till ToS opening."

1 week of Broken Shore with several hotfixes on live server to make it anyhow worth the effort, done. "Gimme 5k shards! Aight, I'll pick this one. Here, your 4999 remaining ones, ty!", "Yo, dude, hey dude, yo, do 6 WQs here - like as if you never did any at the Shore C:", "Kill 100 demons in our old 7.0.1 zones without any change. Just act as if like you never visited them over 100 times for WQs in the past 8 months! "

They really did make the right decision with the time gating of the storyline !

It isn't really more content than ever, it is just that we can (and "have to") do all the content over and over. In between they throw in Mini Holidays that I recognize 1 week or more later. I don't even have the freetime in WoW anymore to even think about doing it (and then being too lazy to do it ).

I still do play the game, I will play it in the future - but the way they try to sell us new/more content is kinda mockery....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    The game itself was a failure.

Hardcore mode

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seasons servers, maybe...?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Oh, I was hoping for an upgrade to the Kirin Tor rings...
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at all the salty nerds who think selling millions more copies than a lot of games ever even get made is "failing" Small playerbase for a non sub based game released 5 years ago?

Tell me more

OT: I don't think the rings will come through the way they are right now, pretty hard to balance them.