Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    They aren't going away as in they're removing them from the game. You will still always have them sitting in your bags and stuff and you can still use them to level with after Legion. They're just not bringing them over to the next expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Only 845? Lol they will hopefully and most likely only scale from 750-800. I'm pretty sure my artifact weapon scaled better than that. This could change when you aren't finishing every zone I guess, but I'm pretty sure the power increase from relics and AP gathered throughout the leveling process will beat this.
    It's likely to be 815, just like the trinkets which makes it incredibly good just like the trinket was. AP gathered? That's like, 2k tops? not even 3 full traits most of the time and it has to compare against pure stats too? Aint gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Heirlooms are always better than anything else available, even if they only scaled to 845 they would still be way higher than any artifact. It's gonna be miles better than any artifact ability solely by the stats it provides, let alone if it's a melee weapon and that class can scale with it. Please do keep up
    Heirlooms don't have more stats out of nowhere, stats are the same per ilvl. The heirloom wont be as high as the artifact at 110, it will most likely catch up faster than the rate at which we get the very shitty relics while questing (in a "lvling to the next xpack" situation in the future), add to that the artifact ability which is worth a good bunch of ilvl in itself, I'm expecting the heirlooms to outpower the artifact at around lvl 107 probably, but from 100 to 106 the artifact will most likely be stronger.

Deleted
    I understand they will be relevant next expansion, just feels odd adding it in mid expansion
    Also I would hardly call the artifacts useless pre 110
    BM hunter get extra pet, ret Pala and frost Mage get a big dps move.

Heirlooms are always better than anything else available, even if they only scaled to 845 they would still be way higher than any artifact. It's gonna be miles better than any artifact ability solely by the stats it provides, let alone if it's a melee weapon and that class can scale with it. Please do keep up
    you're just smoking crack when you think looms are going to be so high ilvl. and artifacts won't have a single relic in them.

- - - Updated - - -

It's likely to be 815, just like the trinkets which makes it incredibly good just like the trinket was. AP gathered? That's like, 2k tops? not even 3 full traits most of the time and it has to compare against pure stats too? Aint gonna happen
    here's more famous bullshit numbers, i hit around 9-10 traits before 110, not 3 lmao, dude why are you trying to argue a point while massively underestimating the PoV you don't agree with, then overestimating your own point, could you try be unbiased then we could take you seriously and not as a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    did you read how stupid your statement is? heirlooms are usually around the item level of blues you would get at that level, not fucking 940, so you're comparing at 101 an artifact around 756 vs maybe 757, wow 2 ilvl vs a whole artifact ability and a trait or 2?

i mean if i use your stupid logic, DUDE LOL 940 LEGENDARY HEIRLOOM VS 139856 ARTIFACT COME AT ME BRO U WUT M8.
    This would be a good point except there are crafted legendaries at 940 that can be used before 110. One of my friends is leveling a warlock and bought himself a legendary to help speed up leveling. So a crafted legendary and a weapon that scales with you would still be better then the artifact. I leveled an alt his last 5 levels just using invasions. He is now 850 ilvl and his relics are under 800. Ive had horrible luck getting relics on him. I would have loved a weapon that scaled with my warriors level and at least allowed me a halfway decent weapon versus feeling like im playing with a 105 questing green weapon.

All of these nerds being openly hostile and fighting for no reason.

It is future-proofing. It REALLY IS that easy to see why they are putting it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    I am glad heirlooms are coming back in next patch, but a thought occurred to me
    Why are we getting weapon heirloom upgrades, when the whole point is to use artifact weapon?
    Seems a tad pointless to add the upgrade during the expansion
    Lots of reasons:

- They may be a higher ilvl than 750, particularly since you can level in invasions and not do quests to get relics.
    - They may as well include them for the sake of it. People who want them have something else to farm for now.
    - Seasonal resource dump/timewalking badge dump.
    - Continuity. It's probably easier to do 110-120 next expansion than 100-120 since this means next expansion, new levelers will be able to avoid doing the artifact quest chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Heirlooms don't have more stats out of nowhere, stats are the same per ilvl. The heirloom wont be as high as the artifact at 110, it will most likely catch up faster than the rate at which we get the very shitty relics while questing (in a "lvling to the next xpack" situation in the future), add to that the artifact ability which is worth a good bunch of ilvl in itself, I'm expecting the heirlooms to outpower the artifact at around lvl 107 probably, but from 100 to 106 the artifact will most likely be stronger.
    Judging by the starting "green" weapons you can get if you don't have an artifact, I'm guessing weapon looms will be ~750 at 101, and so will scale better than the artifact throughout.

My last few alts have ended up with an artifact that's 750-750 at 110- you have to get pretty far through a number of the quests to get decent relics, and they scale pretty slowly- under 105, you're only getting +1 or +3 level relics.

The artifact abilities usefulness is highly class dependent- some are great for leveling, some really aren't that useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    you get the artifact on lvl 100.
    reading comprehension: F

Well, why add them later when you can add them now? When the next xpac comes you won't want to waste time on getting your artifact weapon (if they even remain ingame) and just want to level through as quickly as possible. Just as you don't care for your garrison except the mandatory part ofc or the farm in mop while leveling.

Other than that, the heirlooms will very like scale from 715 to 815 just like the trinkets already do. If they are better or worse than the artifact weapon probably depends on the strength of the artifact skill or your class/spec and how lucky you are with upgraded relic procs while leveling.
    But let's face it, (alt)-leveling now took about 5-6 ingame hours before heirloom and flying. It's probably is cut to half now, discussing what weapon is stronger while leveling will cost more time than the better weapon would ever save.

Because artifact weapons won't be obtainable after the expansion

Might be that once Legion is over, you won't have artifacts leveling in Broken Isles?

Why are we getting weapon heirloom upgrades, when the whole point is to use artifact weapon?
    the answear is very simple

all looms upgrades cost gold now

so it a way to drain extra gold from economy

we won't be 110 forever, and usually need to cap out the heirloom to use the next upgrade, so instead of making special rules for weapons in legion they just continued the same system.

They aren't going away as in they're removing them from the game. You will still always have them sitting in your bags and stuff and you can still use them to level with after Legion. They're just not bringing them over to the next expansion.
    My guess would be they will be going away for the the next expansion, just like the cloak and ring did. Existing characters will still have them of course, but anyone leveling a pre-100 after Legion, the whole artifact thing may be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by btlcryct View Post
    My guess would be they will be going away for the the next expansion, just like the cloak and ring did. Existing characters will still have them of course, but anyone leveling a pre-100 after Legion, the whole artifact thing may be gone.
    No they've already stated you will keep and be able to obtain your weapons post Legion. They said they aren't quite sure how they want the appearances to work. I think their goal is that you can continue to earn them but you will not be able to tmog new weapons to the old skins unless you obtained them during Legion. But they are not being removed or becoming unobtainable.

No they've already stated you will keep and be able to obtain your weapons post Legion. They said they aren't quite sure how they want the appearances to work. I think their goal is that you can continue to earn them but you will not be able to tmog new weapons to the old skins unless you obtained them during Legion. But they are not being removed or becoming unobtainable.
    This is what I heard as well. Though I do hope they allow a way to transmog them. I always hate when they add those kind of restrictions myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Because we'll need them at that level anyways when we want to upgrade them to 120 in the next expansion
    This guy gets it. No point in making a 20+ boost for weapons only in the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by acinos View Post
    This would be a good point except there are crafted legendaries at 940 that can be used before 110. One of my friends is leveling a warlock and bought himself a legendary to help speed up leveling. So a crafted legendary and a weapon that scales with you would still be better then the artifact. I leveled an alt his last 5 levels just using invasions. He is now 850 ilvl and his relics are under 800. Ive had horrible luck getting relics on him. I would have loved a weapon that scaled with my warriors level and at least allowed me a halfway decent weapon versus feeling like im playing with a 105 questing green weapon.
    not a weapon 10 chars.

7+ Year Old Account
    Possibly in preparation for the next expansion. Assuming there is no Artifact weapon type thing. So might as well allow it to upgrade now instead of adding it later.