Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    did anyone mention offspecs yet? because you don't get all artifacts all at once, they are scattered through leveling process. which is where having an heirloom can be helpful. I mean.. sure you can just buy one of the vendor greens at the hall, but.. this is just another option

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    This is what I heard as well. Though I do hope they allow a way to transmog them. I always hate when they add those kind of restrictions myself.
    You will be able to tmog them they said but they want to make that functionality available only to the people who obtained the skins in Legion itself. Not sure how they're able to do that though but that's their goal. Remove the ability afterwards so if you missed out then you cant tmog them but can still obtain the weapon and walk around with it if that's your thing.

Anyway, yeah uhm... heirlooms. Weapons. On topic stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    IIRC artifact weapons are going away come 8.0 so the heirlooms would need to be brought up to 110 anyways with that change for the increased level cap. Why not go ahead and do it now?
    That is my thinking, as well

Because of the next expansion.
    Future Proofing.

If you look at Legion content as a stepping stone, how would the current Artifact progression fit into a number of levels which you simply pass by.
    A character levelling into Legion level content post-Legion would not want to go through a fraction of what we have for a weapon which is going to be outdated by the time you reach 110, if not even 108.
    So an alternative or even replacement for the artifact for levelling makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    You will be able to tmog them they said but they want to make that functionality available only to the people who obtained the skins in Legion itself. Not sure how they're able to do that though but that's their goal. Remove the ability afterwards so if you missed out then you cant tmog them but can still obtain the weapon and walk around with it if that's your thing.

The collections do already not display no longer available items.
    They simply will be patched to not add to the appearances collection post Legion.
    Not too different for achievements now, when you can meet the same criteria but not receive an achievement.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-05-10 at 04:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some weapons scale poorly unless you've vigilant about getting relics. Also, it's groundwork for next expansion where we're likely not going to carry over our artifact weapons (so we'll need level 110 heirloom weapons when the next expansion's ready to let us heirloom up and level through the content quickly).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post

The easiest way I can think of is to tie each skin to a Legacy achievement when the 8.0 prepatch lands, and give until Expansion 7 launches to unlock appearances for transmog.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Because if they diden't they would have been a few neckbeards smashing the forums saying that they forgot about their damn weapons! BLABLABLA!
    Now they just did it all and here we are. On the forums listening to people asking why they did.
    I both approve and applaud the use of the term neckbeards in this context. Well played.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    I am glad heirlooms are coming back in next patch, but a thought occurred to me
    Why are we getting weapon heirloom upgrades, when the whole point is to use artifact weapon?
    Seems a tad pointless to add the upgrade during the expansion
    Because at some point players will be levelling through Legion as old content and may not want to spend 3 days doing an artifact weapon quest line and will still need a decent weapon.

I guess it depends on how the heirloom scales with you between lvl100-110. In either case, it would need to upgrade to 110 in order to upgrade again in the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    Because at some point players will be levelling through Legion as old content and may not want to spend 3 days doing an artifact weapon quest line and will still need a decent weapon.
    What a strange statement.

Well we may not have our artifact weapons next expansion so It would be helpful to have a 110 weapon readily available?

I am glad heirlooms are coming back in next patch, but a thought occurred to me
    Why are we getting weapon heirloom upgrades, when the whole point is to use artifact weapon?
    Seems a tad pointless to add the upgrade during the expansion
    What's pointless is making a thread about it, Don't like it? don't use them.

Problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Because we'll need them at that level anyways when we want to upgrade them to 120 in the next expansion
    /clap /clap you won the internet today sir !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    What's pointless is making a thread about it, Don't like it? don't use them.

Problem solved.
    Always that "one guy" , please show me where I said I didn't like it? Infact, let me help you out, the very first part of my sentence "I am glad heirlooms are coming back"
    Just a bit confused why they would add it mid expansion rather than towards the end when it could/would be needed, but thanks for showing your lack of reading skills.

Deleted
    Always that "one guy" , please show me where I said I didn't like it? Infact, let me help you out, the very first part of my sentence "I am glad heirlooms are coming back"
    Just a bit confused why they would add it mid expansion rather than towards the end when it could/would be needed, but thanks for showing your lack of reading skills.
    Why does it matter when they're added? They're not going to be as powerful as our artifact weapons currently are so there's no conflict with them and it gives people more time to farm heirloom upgrades.

lvl 100 alt plus heirlooms to 110 plus legion invasion equals super fast lvling with toons that wont get 1 shotted and can actually kill something quickly, while trying to level via invasions lol
    I had a all Night Elf Guild in Vanilla

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I will probably upgrade all of them anyway regardless of outcome, seems more value to me then things like a 2 million single mount that cant even fly.

I got no problems with the flight maps either, if they add one for all continents for a one-time 15k, go for it, they are Toys, so account-wide.

Game needs more good gold sinks that aren't just mounts.

I figure it's to give people the opportunity to grind out that step right now for when they one day have to be bumped to 120.

because when you are levelling an alt to 120 - do you really want to be bothered with your artefact weapon?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Sweet, I can ditch my artifact weapon now

10+ Year Old Account
    Some artifact abilities aren't super useful. I could easily have lived without the V DH ability while leveling in exchange for more damage over all. You don't get many levels pre 110 either.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    At least with those heirlooms I won't feel useless in my 500ish itemlevel greens going in legion at 98...

I didn't upgrade my looms to 100 yet as I didn't play WoD and 90-98 went by too fast to mattter :P

Now I know 98-100 heirlooms will probably still be worse then legion greens but I expect 101 heirlooms to be 720 or somewhat useful compared to greens.

I hope heirlooms scale to at least 830 (normal dungeon blues at 110 since 7.2)