Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trump View Post
    Is Blade runner still connected or in the same universe as the Alien franchise?
    Think so, well atleast there is alot of easter eggs saying so like this for example. Cant remember if ridley have acually said so himself though.

supposedly talking about Eldon Tyrell.

So yes i think there is a connection between the Weyland Corporation and Tyrell Corporation.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-05-10 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Did you see Drive?
    Yep, still found Gosling one-dimensional. Of the best movies he stars in, others carry the weight; Hopkins in Fracture, Crowe in the Nice Guys, everyone else in the Big Short and Clooney in the Ides of March. Ford will probably do so in this one too. There are loads of better options then Gosling.
    Last edited by Waynhim; 2017-05-10 at 05:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Think so, well atleast there is alot of easter eggs saying so like this for example. Cant remember if ridley have acually said so himself though.

supposedly talking about Eldon Tyrell.

So yes i think there is a connection between the Weyland Corporation and Tyrell Corporation.
    Looks like I am going to have to watch the first Blade Runner again then. I wonder what other easter eggs we might see. I havn't seen it in years.

Deleted
    Ah...love this video, a must see/listen!

Listening To Blade Runner.

Nerdwriter1
    May 18, 2017

Really excited for this film in a year that doesnt have many good films to look forward to. Apart from maybe Dunkirk / move marvel films

Deleted
    BLADE RUNNER 2049 - "Time to Live" Featurette.

Warner Bros. Pictures
    Jun 22, 2017

Thirty years after the events of the first film, a new blade runner, LAPD Officer K (Ryan Gosling), unearths a long-buried secret that has the potential to plunge what’s left of society into chaos. K’s discovery leads him on a quest to find Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford), a former LAPD blade runner who has been missing for 30 years.

7+ Year Old Account
    Probably be the first movie since Avatar that I'm willing to go to the theater to see.

gotta say they got the look and music spot on. Might have to see it just for that. Now cyberpunk 2077 just needs to come out and i can die happy.

7+ Year Old Account

7+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    Hmmm...that villain came off as creepy, which is good I feared that actor wouldn't fit, but the scene had stuff we have seen in other movies..

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Hmmm...that villain came off as creepy, which is good I feared that actor wouldn't fit, but the scene had stuff we have seen in other movies..
    Jared Leto is a massive wild card for me. Could be great, could also easily be the worst part of the film.

In Dallas buyers he was good, but in suicide squad......

After Arrival, I have a lot of faith in Villeneuve. I've always liked his work even before he went to Hollywood, but that movie was easily amongst the best sci-fi I've seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually only go to theaters to watch Nolan/Scorsese films but I'll be attending the midnight premier for this one. Only because the original is on my shortlist as being one of the greatest films of all time. That said, I have a feeling it's going to flop hard. Ryan Gosling as the lead, really? Fuck that pretty boy! Give me someone with more range... I was hoping Tom Hardy would get the part but what do I know about being a casting director.

My best hope is to go in with low expectations otherwise I know I'll be let down. Besides - I'm a sucker for the dystopian cyberpunk genre.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Jared Leto is a massive wild card for me. Could be great, could also easily be the worst part of the film.

In Dallas buyers he was good, but in suicide squad......
    Did you see him in lord of war? Basically stole every scene from Nicolas cage, lel...
    Last edited by SLSAMG; 2017-09-05 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGOAT View Post
    Did you see him in lord of war? Basically stole every scene from Nicolas cage, lel...
    Yeah he's also pretty good in American psycho but it's a minor role. I worry about him trying too hard and making it seem forced especially when he's the villian for a major movie like this. We'll see i hope he's great

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post

lol
    Sooo much this.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

I want it to be good. But there's little hope. I absolutely hated Arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    I want it to be good. But there's little hope. I absolutely hated Arrival.
    I wasnt big on arrival either. Seen prisoners though? Same director. Very good kidnapping movie

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Is Blade runner still connected or in the same universe as the Alien franchise?
    Can't answer for Aliens, but it is connected to Kurt Russel's "Soldier", and the TV series "Total Recall 2070" was essentially Blade Runner with Total Recall tech added in.