Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    oh yeah, definitely. K-On! and Nichijou as well.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Star blazers 2 quality is pretty good.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Yeah, I think it's going in a direction that I'm not going to be happy with. If they 5cm/sec me with this series I may literally die.
    To quote Machi 'Heads will roll'. Maybe they will put them both in the same work place after the experiment is over? And they hit it up from there.. It's a pipe dream but it's the only successful one I can think of considering the memory wipe aspect.

15+ Year Old Account
    So IBM uses this dumb discord-esque chat application, and I noticed in one of the public channels a dude with a anime avatar on his official IBM employee account. Wow.

For the record, it was Hotaru from Dagashi Kashi.

10+ Year Old Account
    It gets to the point where something gets so old I wouldn't even consider it recasting anymore.

YOU DARE SUMMON ME?!

...hi! ^_^
    Aha, Unified doubted me!

so yes, looking at my old OP kinda makes me cringe, tbh.. a new list would look different, although i haven't done much anime watching in the last couple years.
    Hey, I used to wear a Naruto headband. No judging from me.

and yeah, Shuffle! in particular is probably a good example for this. from what i remember of it, i doubt i'd watch more than a couple episodes of it now before getting bored of the unoriginal harem characters and drama parts. but it was one of the first (iirc even the very first?) high school romance+comedy+drama anime i watched, so it left a lasting impression.
    the way you can see the initially so happy and carefree Kaede slowly break, as her all-important "Rin-kun" distances himself further and further from her, really hit me emotionally, back then. plus, even now, i'm just way too easy to bait with that unconditionally submissive and devoted girl character, who wishes nothing more than to serve and be close to the guy she so loves... <_<

Rumbling Hearts is another good example. i don't think the story or characters were all that great, but somehow it really touched me. the moment the last episode ended, i just buried my face in my hands and cried, for a long time. no other anime ever managed to make me do that again.
    (although i have intentionally avoided sad ones in the last few years, because of irl stuff. i'm guessing finding an anime that would get some tears out of me now wouldn't be too hard.)
    It's true about everyone I suppose to a degree. The first time you experience a specific style, it's more interesting than seeing it again for the 20th time.

and Lucky☆Star is and always has been great, naturally! :D
    My only experience with Lucky Star has been hearing the English dub. My ears have still not recovered.

My comment regarding Shuffle! was more-so just ballbustin'. Just a good example of how your taste progressives over time. I frequent adjusting my scores with the more anime I view.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Hey, I used to wear a Naruto headband. No judging from me.
    nice! ^^
    It's true about everyone I suppose to a degree. The first time you experience a specific style, it's more interesting than seeing it again for the 20th time.
    mhm, and not just when it comes to anime or some such. most people remember the first time they had sex for their entire lives, and it's usually not because the sex itself was so great compared to all the times since. x3
    My only experience with Lucky Star has been hearing the English dub. My ears have still not recovered.
    oh lord, that's an experience i don't mind missing out on. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    Just a good example of how your taste progressives over time.
    yup!

age probably also played a part in this for me. not all things that excited me with ~17 still do/would now. ^^

have we had enough sy bashing yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    So close to going back to WoW for something to do, so bored
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    have we had enough sy bashing yet?
    i don't think there's been much of it so far. so if you wanna add something, feel free. :P

Did i miss Sy again?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    @Pvt Hudson / Edgehog https://streamable.com/qzo78

800 edits of @s later still fucking up
    Saber will always be best girl.

- - - Updated - - -

My Hero Academia pops coming soon
    https://funko.com/blogs/news/coming-...-hero-academia

10+ Year Old Account
    Making a down payment on my baby tomorrow finally have a car! Its a 98 Pontiac Sunfire
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Musawo’s manga Koi to Uso (Love and Lies) will not only get an anime adaptation, but it has also been announced that there will be a live-action adaptation. The main cast has been revealed!
    I can't believe it's getting an anime adaptation and a live action adaptation too.

I sure hope they do a good job. I've reread some of those chapters countless times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Making a down payment on my baby tomorrow finally have a car! Its a 98 Pontiac Sunfire
    are you going to put one of those loud AF mufflers on it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    are you going to put one of those loud AF mufflers on it?
    Nah, i like my shit quiet

- - - Updated - - -

But radio oh hell yes that babys going up

- - - Updated - - -

Costing me 1.7k but the car only has 68k miles on it and all brand new parts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Did i miss Sy again?
    still here. ish.

how're you? :]

I love you now.

I was literally just talking to my girlfriend about this the other day, and wondering why there's so many Naruto Pops, but almost no Bleach/One Piece, and literally no My Hero Acadamia, while Seraph of the End managed to get some.

I need All Might.

still here. ish.

how're you? :]
    Senpai noticed me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I love you now.

I was literally just talking to my girlfriend about this the other day, and wondering why there's so many Naruto Pops, but almost no Bleach/One Piece, and literally no My Hero Acadamia, while Seraph of the End managed to get some.

I need All Might.

10+ Year Old Account
    Senpai noticed me.
    you can call me synpai~ ^_^

works for Synaia, too.