Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Mastery is already capped, even for HC geared ppl that know what they are doing.

How is this good design let alone good scaling going forward

The constant change of legendaries for each encounter makes me go over the mastery cap all the time, and lets not talk about when you go lightning rod build and need do dump the 10% extra mastery, my bag is probably 40 slots of gear I need to change every time to be optimal, its pretty annoying as blizzard got rid of hit and other stats because of the same player experience. Get our mastery to go over 100% adding chance for a second proc, buff the copy to 100% damage and nerf the mastery ratio accordingly, there is so much you can do to at least start tackling the problem.

And yes I agree to some of our talents should just be made baseline or changed, only really balanced tier is the first and the last one, get rid of the ones no one is using, like the increased flame shock proc or the maelstrom refund, buff elemental mastery to be actually useful by at least making its cd match ascendance, buff it and make it 3 min, nerf it and make it 1.5min.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I haven't played much Legion but as weird as it is Ele generally does scale really well in later tiers because haste and mastery are so good for Ele. Can't speak as to current expansion but there it is.
    The problem is: Mastery is already capped in the first tier of the expansion. We're now pushing rating into our second-best stats.

Also: Haste is generally weak this expansion for single-target. A lot of that has to do with more of our damage coming from "infrequent" damage sources - which don't scale well with haste.

That makes crit our most stackable stat - which, considering it doesn't scale with ~30% of our damage is an unfortunate situation (although we do have both elemental fury and elemental focus to help improve its scaling).

Quote Originally Posted by freddy090909 View Post
    The problem is: Mastery is already capped in the first tier of the expansion. We're now pushing rating into our second-best stats.

Also: Haste is generally weak this expansion for single-target. A lot of that has to do with more of our damage coming from "infrequent" damage sources - which don't scale well with haste.

That makes crit our most stackable stat - which, considering it doesn't scale with ~30% of our damage is an unfortunate situation (although we do have both elemental fury and elemental focus to help improve its scaling).
    That sounds pretty awkward.

Im just watching my yesterday, what I am really watching is Ilvl%, and when I see how many classes can outdps me if they will push just 5-10% more performance, I am literally dying inside. Capped on mastery, having decent crit amount, I know that Int and Crit increase with ilvl won't solve our ST issue. I do not think BiS relics and 4t20 will solve that either, golem is a 2-minutes CD that without prepot and lust brings just 3 mils? 2 LBs empowered by ring in one button of stupid AI, GREAT BONUS. And we don't have other range offspec like mages or hunters or warlocks, as well as we are literally combat rogues when it comes to ANY scenario in PvE, they pray on the dice, I pray on Mastery 101 percent that is not triggering from CL on 3 targets.
    I achieved so many things on that shammy yet I am about to reroll because strong ST like augur on any difficulty is the milestone of ToS as it seems, and I see many possible options for a reroll that will benefit my guild the most. Sad to drop one of the funniest mechanics in ranged classes, however, boring stuff brings great results(look at malefic alocks and frost DKs, or trinket-based Fury)
    Last edited by Minoan; 2017-05-03 at 08:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It forces you to double tap. that's it. It's a great change.
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    It's just so you can say you tapped something twice that day.

Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post
    Meh, I think our mechanics are generally OK. The only changes I'd like to see would be a Buff to Earth Shock and an increase to the Maelstrom generation for Lightning Bolt.

Just those two would help with multiple issues.....our ST damage and the idea that Earthquake would ever be better than Earthshock as well as making sure we always use Lightning Bolt on Single Target.
    I want to see malestrom generation decreased on CL and slightly decreased on LB but make ES hit like 2x as hard to provide a bigger payoff and give the class some snap damage when priority targets come up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    i think it's elementals turn to be last on the dps meter and enhance to be midpack again but we'll see.

the tier set for ele is dogshit and flawed in so many ways, the stats we value most crit/mastery do nothing for the set, 100% crit with fire ele up and mastery doesn't affect flame shock, so we'd need haste, but then we lose dps to make a tier set better, overall gain? probably nothing.

secondly the place it would shine is getting many flame shocks up, but that's also shit, because CL+EQ can do 3 million dps, so the time you put up a load of flame shocks emptied your maelstrom another shaman could of wrecked the meters with cl+EQ. you simply can't flame shock spread it with path of flame via lava bursts, and cl and eq it's too much clutter in an aoe rotation while an arcane mage could press 1 button and do the same AoE it's a complete fucking mess.

overall our set bonus seems to be useless and i'd be surprised if we didn't prefer T19 4 piece but all titanforged.

without a big single target buff ele is back to emerald nightmare shit tier getting carried by single target/two target beast specs.
    EQ only works if the targets aren't moving, if you miss an EQ tick you lose an insane amount of damage when you actually math it out over a full fight length.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    EB was nearly unused during WoD and early phase of Legion.

It's a talent and rather bland one at that to be honest, there is no mechanic that somehow makes EB awesome in certain situation, the spell is simply too basic to be "good" on it's own, raw damage numbers make the spell good or bad.

What is rather sad that so far we've received no statement regarding Gust of Wind.

I mean let's be honest, most Elemental Shaman rather choose the bench over skipping Gust of Wind on almost any encounter, the skill provides to much utility in Raids, PvP and Outdoor content to be skipped.

Yet there's no statement why this central skill has not become baseline.

Is it because it would make Elemental too similiar to Mage due Blink?
    Then why was Spiritwalkers Grace removed from Elemental?

We can guess at best, but this is truly a topic i would love to hear some thoughts from the devs.
    Gust should be baseline, and allow us to talent into Spiritwalkers Grace (getting the resto talented version preferably, with move speed boost). This way we can move if we get bullshit while Ascendance is up and not lose out on our one dps cooldown. Since we fall of harder than most any other class if we miss this CD (not counting melee, since they hardly have to do mechanics), we need something to curb the losses.

SG should be a talented, we lose so much dps in movement fights. Its cool we top the meters in trash fights (Skorp, Spellblade, Tich) but anything that requires any movement we do zero damage. I know all casters have that issue, but others have spammable instants.

I think our stats will shift to haste>crit with t20 bonus set. I mean the way they improve FS along with FE cd reduction (dot + pet, ughh...) which means, haste will be a matter and mastery back to shit again. Wonder if we'll be back to abysmal Emerald Nightmare state. The pattern is kinda similar actually, seeing how we're forced to take PE+EM all over again for pet playstyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Ele man View Post
    EB is obviously an overpower talent. Ele uses too much EB talent.
    No, no, no. Elemental Blast has been a crap talent for years, I'm happy that it finally is what it is, an amazing talent and it should stay as it is.

I don't like Blizz's pattern of nerfing the previous tier set bonuses to force you to upgrade.. all that does it hurt people that can't/haven't gotten the drops.

I'm good with it. The problem with not nerfing the previous tier is it makes it harder for everyone but Mythic Raiders and forces players to use the new 4 piece and fit in the old 2 piece. That also means for classes who's bis legendary is on a tier slot its a nerf. This coming from someone with full 890 tier or above.

I'm already considering dropping my Fury Warrior alt because it looks like Draught of Souls / Convergence is still bis (right now that combo is a 15% dps improvement over any other trinkets) and I'm not running weekly Mythic NH after ToS opens.

Even Blizzard, a company that bases its success on time played realizes forcing players to run 2 raids simultaneously to compete

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkash View Post
    I don't like Blizz's pattern of nerfing the previous tier set bonuses to force you to upgrade.. all that does it hurt people that can't/haven't gotten the drops.
    Yeah, I wouldn't want to have to keep running old tier content to get a luck titanforge proc. It'd be dumb to have to run all levels of Nighthold during Argus, to hope you get the 880 tier to proc a 970 version, since a old tier bonus is better. We already have that for relics from EN, if we really want the Lava Imbued trait (also EoA/BRH from mythic+) or grinding Arc/CoS for that 2p set, if we really want to push ourselves (although, many classes want their 2p set from there).