Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing
    /10char
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naytham View Post
    old wow was good. new wow is has braindead classes, systems. new wow you're stuck in a small little place called the broken isles, leveling is a joke, the community is a joke, the devs have no passion and don't play their own game. game can't even be compared to old wow. old wow was fucking addicting, new wow gets boring after a few months for obvious reasons.

i've placed since late BC. it's fucking crazy to me how many people can't even begin to compare the two. anyone claiming is nostalgia or that the game is better hasn't played old wow or just a straight brainwashed casual.
    I smell LFR hero in this one

The server community and player identity is the only thing missing/worse than vanilla. It is what the game was built on. Remove CRZ, combine low-pop servers. Everything else is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post

Basically the game felt alive with a thriving community that were able to make their own fun, and not having Blizzard hold their hands to lead them to the content they want to have them do it. Its not the best version of WoW but its still a lot of fun to play. I would like to see something like a HD remake of vanilla that keeps the game as it is, but improve it with todays technology.
    Very true. Community was a very important factor with WoW. HD remake of "vanilla-ish" would be great. Keeping some of the core of vanilla that make it compelling and addicting while optimizing game play mechanics to make it *somewhat* more efficient without sacrificing adventure. I didn't really enjoy running back and forth six times across elywnn forest to complete one quest in vanilla, im further reminded of that by playing on a Vanilla server recently. However, what about a modified, more streamlined version of that without going off a cliff. Something Blizzard never did figure out or simply chose not to figure out.

We're 10+ years past Vanilla WoW. People used to live in their mom's basement who paid all their bills. And now... Oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Kvo View Post
    We're 10+ years past Vanilla WoW. People used to live in their mom's basement who paid all their bills. And now... Oh wait.
    This thread may go on for 10+ years as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    This thread may go on for 10+ years as well.
    Threads about Vanilla has been going pretty much for 10+ years Not suprised they have tho

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    For the record WoW released in November 2004 and Deadly Boss Mods released in April of 2008.
    So was BigWigs. There were bossmods from the very beginning, and BigWigs and DBM grew out of those efforts with the goal of integrating the separate boss addons into a single framework.

I think where current WoW went wrong was taking the leveling gameplay out of the game. From Vanilla-Wrath leveling was a large part of people's focus. It brought a lot of different aspects to the game and gave it a feeling of life as well.

Deleted
    More than half a year since Blizzcon and no word about legacy server. As I said last year, there is so hope for legacy servers, they will never do it, they invited nostalrius team just for damage control, thats it. Sad, but true.

Deleted
    The best about classic was the fact the game was new. Beside that, classic isnt better than the current incarnation of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    That along with having to work hard over a long period of time for things.
    But if i don't get it RIGHT NOW when the patch drops its unfairrrrr
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    The best about classic was the fact the game was new. Beside that, classic isnt better than the current incarnation of the game.
    Most people don't get this. They have rose tinted glasses of "the good old days" just like my Grandma telling me that not having hot water in the Philippines to shower with made men out of boys and how those were "the good old days" and how that method was somewhat better than warm showers in the morning.

Deleted
    What people a lot of people are failing to see here is that the two games, eraly wow and current wow are very different games, classic was more slow placed classic kind of experience, focusing more on leveling and the world, the classes where much better and class fanasy existed it all made sence.

you had to visit your class trainers to learn a new spell after leveling up and every level felt like an achivement, the mobs where alot more dangourous, there was alot more social interaction because of how much more difficult the game was. not only because of group quests and tough mobs but world pvp and ganking would occur almost all the time forcing people into talking to eatchother and helping eatchother.

Todays wow is fast paced pick up and play, log on for a few hours do a dungoen or two and log off, click a menu and be teleported, hit a mob a few times it dies, run around feeling like a god, and to me todays wow pales in comparison to early wow. theres no social interaction at all, its almost like a single player game.

Releasing legacy realms is a perfectly viable option for blizzard, and i dont know why they are being so stubborn about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    More than half a year since Blizzcon and no word about legacy server. As I said last year, there is so hope for legacy servers, they will never do it, they invited nostalrius team just for damage control, thats it. Sad, but true.
    Damage control that worked quite well I might add. The 'hype' surrounding that is quite dead and then Nost went and fucked themselves further by giving out their code to someone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    Releasing legacy realms is a perfectly viable option for blizzard, and i dont know why they are being so stubborn about it.
    Maybe because it isn't viable for Blizzard. *shocked face*

10+ Year Old Account
    Well classic wow was a slow paced more of an RPG style game, and the wow today is more about having fast gratifications and more solo play.

Which one is better is a matter of perspective. Personally I was more engaged with classic wow , and that was an addictive game for me , with legion I enjoy playing but its way less addicting.

By the way I do think that the new model is possibly hurting blizzard financially because its social interactions and immersion that keeps players in the long run. Now they have to push fresh content pretty fast because they don't have the community aspect holding people in the game and you can experience everything way easier and then unsub.

I also should mention that quests and art is something that is way better than vanilla , also the class design is probably way better too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Yeah well, that's why I'm not playing the game anymore. Everything is shallow and meaningless, I don't feel that the time and effort I put into my character have any staying power. Getting the unstoppable force in vanilla for example felt meaningful because you'd worked for it a long time and you'd use it for a long time. I don't enjoy working on something for 5 minutes and having it replaced just as fast and getting to see all the content on day one and then just turning the knob up for eternity, that's not a MMORPG experience in my book, that's a cooperative ARPG at best.
    Same for me really.

Just waiting for ak40 > actually ap grinding

wait for tos > actually gearing now

kek
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Classic WoW is a whole different game, it was shaped to be something completely different. The world and the community played a huge part where progression was a lot slower yet more rewarding, where reaching level 60 already felt like an accomplishment. Retail in its current state plays way faster, to the point that no matter how much content you throw at the playerbase they'll just consume it with having little incentive to keep doing the same content. The community is almost non-existant outside of guilds, which imo is the blame to CRZ and all cross-realm features that killed server communities. Ofcourse some just like to play solely for the end game content no matter if they are doing it alone, so they probably prefer retail. But others might prefer being more in an open world, having a sense of progression towards a certain goal while interacting with people on your server, those might prefer vanilla.

This isn't exactly the right place to ask ''What made classic wow better than current?'' (spoiler alert: there's no such thing as a ''better'' WoW, its all subjective), considering there are mostly die-hard fans of retail that already invested way to much time into the game and don't like the thought of seeing another version of WoW come around. The most common response is ''its just nostalgia'' which might play a role in the players desire, but its ofcourse not the sole reason.

As for the Nost meeting with Blizzard its unreal to think that they can just announce something so soon. If Blizzard is indeed busy on the drawing board on how to handle legacy servers, then it might take at least a couple of years from them to hear what they are planning. If you expected an answer so soon than you don't know Blizzard long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Classic WoW is a whole different game, it was shaped to be something completely different. The world and the community played a huge part where progression was a lot slower yet more rewarding, where reaching level 60 already felt like an accomplishment. Retail in its current state plays way faster, to the point that no matter how much content you throw at the playerbase they'll just consume it with having little incentive to keep doing the same content. The community is almost non-existant outside of guilds, which imo is the blame to CRZ and all cross-realm features that killed server communities. Ofcourse some just like to play solely for the end game content no matter if they are doing it alone, so they probably prefer retail. But others might prefer being more in an open world, having a sense of progression towards a certain goal while interacting with people on your server, those might prefer vanilla.
    You act as if there are only raiders in Legion and little else. There are plenty of casual people out in WoW in the 'open world' doing quests same as they've been doing for 12 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    Because people like you who cry about legacy like a child screaming in the store when mummy says no have yet to prove without a doubt that a legacy server will bring in nothing but profit on profit on profit long term with a game that is 99% the same as it was then.

With leveling which was there to lead to you going into dungeons who sole purpose even by bliz own admittance back in the day were there for one thing, to funnel people into raids. Pace of such does not a different game make.