Thread: Black Desert

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Pets are account wide and the only mandatory cash shop item in my opinion.
    Bag space and weight limit are 100% mandatory.

So... Ummm... Very awkward question...

What is house fame fund and why did I receive 83 million silver in the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Pets are account wide and the only mandatory cash shop item in my opinion.
    While technically not manatory, playing BDO without pets to auto-gather loot for you makes the game EXCESSIVELY tedious.

It's funny, because while the base game is only $10, you actually end up having to pay closer to $40 in order to get enough pets to make looting quick and easy. I mean...I understand it's completely possible to buy pets with gold, but almost no one ever sells them, and when they do the auction house breaks or the pet sells within a fraction of a second of being posted.

I've heard there's also events where free pets get handed out to everyone, but I played for nearly 3 months without seeing such a thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post

I'm still not 100% sure about this. But I think that your house generates income for you based on how good it is? Or maybe how popular? More research needed. I'm not real big on player housing in the first place, and BDO does a poor job of explaining almost everything.

House fame is based on 3 different things which can be seen in your basic information window "p". Above your HP bar are 4 Values, your total House Fame (Combat Fame, Life Fame, Special Fame) How each is made up seen via mouseover tooltip. Got nothing to do with your residence.
    And that House Fame fund stacks up even if you don't log in, up to 100million i think. So if you don't log in for days, weeks or month, you still get that fund every day until it hits cap.

So because I got a house a few weeks after the game launched and just now started playing again I get millions of silver?

Okay then...

So because I got a house a few weeks after the game launched and just now started playing again I get millions of silver?

Okay then...
    No, residences got nothing to do with that. Just look under your basic information like i said. The silver you get is based on your character levels, life skill levels, knowledge and contributoin points. How much silver each category gives is listed when you hover your mouse over them, Right between time passed and your hp.

Okay, now I see what you're talking about.

A little weird that it's called house fame when it's right next to "family name" on the sheet.

Okay, now I see what you're talking about.

A little weird that it's called house fame when it's right next to "family name" on the sheet.
    Probably a translation issue. Families are often called houses, so it makes sense it that regard

Played for a few hours.
    It is an odd game.

No fast travel is an odd design.

there is fast travel its just rare. limited to scrolls and the escape function.

it is an odd mmo, i've been playing this last week in an attempt to reach 57, kinda dropped it after xmas to play some wow, its very different to most mmos i think, which is why its fun to play its very unorthodox progression system, doesn't really matter what you do its all some sort of progress.

I think you can't really have fast travel in a game that has trading as a profession, the trips across the map are what give the goods value. if you can just teleport from one town to the next, they'd have to nerf trading into the ground. or it just wouldn't work. it adds a bit of balance to the game i think, like if you choose to go grind on pirate island your probably not going to make any boss spawns. so you have to choose what you want to do for the day. keeps a decent spread of players across the map. not to mention all the travelling is how you level up horses.

the steam release is going to melt the servers though, they are all crowded during the weekend, when it releases on steam i foresee overrun on most servers.

I think what gets me about bdo is the scaling of mobs, if you follow the progression and end up grinding like i did at sausans for 56, do your awakening and then TRY to do some of the high contribution quests in valencia, that area seems over tuned to me all the mobs in valencia hit three or four times harder than the mobs in mediah. so it feels confusing, you progress upto the point that you feel you should move into valencia but the mobs there hit so hard that its practically impossible to solo and quest there. so your left with grinding sausans until 58-59 or pirates, at which point the grind is so extreme i don't want to think about it, doing 56-57 is slow enough it takes like 30mins for 1% thats 30minutes of actual combat, not including the running between packs. It just feels like the scaling of mobs goes way too high, the difference between grinding sausans and grinding centaurs or cadry is massive.

on the bright side they give away enough stuff through events that i don't mind having to eventually throw more cash into the game, so far its cost me about £20, if i have to bump that up to £50 to get some extra bag space and weight limit, plus another pet. i don't think i'd need a whole lot more than that to be competitive, only time spent actually playing the game.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-05-21 at 12:27 PM.

I quite enjoyed the game but got really frustrated at high level combat because it was so laggy. It completely took the fun out of my game when I couldn't actually fight a boss, just guess at his moves and hit the air until he died, or I died and my sockets broke. Especially so since I was playing Musa.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagscorpion View Post
    I quite enjoyed the game but got really frustrated at high level combat because it was so laggy. It completely took the fun out of my game when I couldn't actually fight a boss, just guess at his moves and hit the air until he died, or I died and my sockets broke. Especially so since I was playing Musa.
    that was a problem for me aswell since i play maewha, i didn't notice myself getting stuck inside kzarka recently but months ago, if i used tigers blade and just hit the boss i'd eventually get stuck in him, when you try to move away then you just spring back right next to him. that was annoying. i didn't notice that happening recently perhaps they've fixed it a bit, its still kinda laggy when half the server shows up.

although i think your supposed to choose to either do world bosses or level up, i made the mistake of grinding and then doing bosses when they popped up, then losing xp on every death. you have to choose to either do life skills and world bosses or level up and maybe do some life skills on the side also. but levelling up and doing world bosses is a bad idea you lose so much xp per death its not funny.. i'm like 21% of the way to 57, got about 150ap and 210dp mostly pri, getting there slowly but still leagues behind the top end. i'm kinda happy that i can solo pretty well now though so its all down hill for me now. I kinda enjoy the slow casual progress, you have the choice of either trying to upgrade your gear yourself through the rng enchanting or grinding money and buying upgrades. that choice alone gives it a very dynamic and open ended progression.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-05-21 at 12:55 PM.

It's kind of cool that everything you do nets you some progress towards something, unfortunately this means damn near everything requires some sort of progress in order to get.

I just want a cool house with cool furnishings. Getting a house is easy enough, lots of contribution points and looking around to see what looks nice. No big. But furnishing it... I can't even buy a bed yet. I need to buddy up to the furniture salesman. Need 500 amity. So to play the amity game I need to wander around and meet all the people in his circle. Then I need the energy to talk to him. Then I need to rinse, lather, and repeat an optimal cycle of topics to get the max amount of amity per discussion.

I JUST WANT A BED!

I'm not complaining though. Tis fun.

It took me 30 mins with a 200% scroll and other exp items to get from 56 at 50% to 57 at bashims. That's 50% done in 30mins. 56-58 is extremely easy if you know where to grind and use your daily exp scroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    It took me 30 mins with a 200% scroll and other exp items to get from 56 at 50% to 57 at bashims. That's 50% done in 30mins. 56-58 is extremely easy if you know where to grind and use your daily exp scroll.
    i haven't been down there yet, i recently trekked over to valencia city to sponge up the knowledge, ill have to go over to bashims and see what its like for me. i was mostly just going between sausans and pirates ill need probably another 10 contribution to link the bashim node to the rest of my chain i managed to do a bunch of quests in valencia a lot of them are to talk to x npc, or find y item and click on it. you can get loads of contribution, cadry was quite tough for me, i can kill the mobs there but the bigger dudes kick my ass.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-05-21 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    i haven't been down there yet, i recently trekked over to valencia city to sponge up the knowledge, ill have to go over to bashims and see what its like for me. i was mostly just going between sausans and pirates ill need probably another 10 contribution to link the bashim node to the rest of my chain i managed to do a bunch of quests in valencia a lot of them are to talk to x npc, or find y item and click on it. you can get loads of contribution, cadry was quite tough for me, i can kill the mobs there but the bigger dudes kick my ass.
    Why do you need to connect bashim node? It doesn't increase your exp gained and drops there are bad anyway. Bashims is purely for leveling.

Also people claim that to make money you have to grind mobs, if they only knew lifeskillers laugh at the grinders. The most rich people in BDO are the lifeskillers, they haven't grinded in a long time.
    Last edited by Jinxz; 2017-05-21 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Why do you need to connect bashim node? It doesn't increase your exp gained and drops there are bad anyway. Bashims is purely for leveling.

Also people claim that to make money you have to grind mobs, if they only knew lifeskillers laugh at the grinders. The most rich people in BDO are the lifeskillers, they haven't grinded in a long time.
    so no trade items worth stacking there? well thats not a big deal then, i've started power levelling cooking and alchemy spamming beers and regents for the contribution turn in items. i think i get most of my money from fishing relic shards and running those scroll groups although i haven't done one for a while now. you do get quite a lot of useful items doing 5 or 10 of those. either that or selling most of the black stones you get and doing the turn in quests. grinding loads of silver is only really useful if your going to buy upgrades.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-05-21 at 08:29 PM.

So how well are classes balanced in this game?

I was on earlier and saw two different guilds say they were specifically recruiting berserkers.

I can't say how well all the classes are balanced, i don't think there is any balance, because of the ap/dp you either own or you get owned. unless you've been playing for the last year or so, gl trying to be competitive in pvp without say, buying your way to a 450+ combined gear score, when there are ppl with 300ap/300dp or higher you will get one shotted. thats what it was like when i tried node war at the end of last year, you don't stand a chance against ppl who have been playing since the beginning. but i still think the game can be enjoyed without caring about the pvp until you can be competitive. from what i've learned certain classes can do better at lower levels where others need to be 59 or 60, like my maewha, not the best class, pays to level up more. other classes can be 56-57 and do rather well regardless.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-05-21 at 08:41 PM.

Gearing is extremely RNG based - either yours with self-upgrading or relying on others doing so so that you can purchase them straight from the marketplace.

Most people are in the happy medium. And getting there isn't the hardest of tasks to do - you merely gotta put lots of hours and having your fair share of RNG luck to get there. Not nearly as impossible task as the person above makes it seem.