Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Yeeeey, finally got all level X uncommon items in multiplayer. By the way, is it just me, or are Expert packs completely useless? Premium packs seem much more cost-efficient, when you get guaranteed 2 rares and have a good chance at getting an ultra-rare for double the Expert price.
    I found the reverse to be true at some point but it depends on what you're trying to get. I found I was getting more boosts and respeccs out of the premium packs and never actually getting weapons or mods when getting premium packs.

IMO, premium packs were only worth it if you were aiming for the ultra rares while you could grab cheaper packs to fill out the rest of your gear to X level.

You know, we never actually saw Ryder's dad die. Is there a reason for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    You know, we never actually saw Ryder's dad die. Is there a reason for this?
    The scene was potrayed in Ryder Jr.'s first person POV for dramatic effect and they were blacking out so we didn't catch the moment je died. The recovery team must have found his body next his unconscious child, so thete's no doubt he is dead.

I don't know why there wasn't a proper burial scene included in the game though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like I might be able to do that NG+ now.

http://blog.bioware.com/2017/05/09/m...ch-1-06-notes/

And those MP changes might get me playing again.
    Last edited by xerus; 2017-05-10 at 06:25 PM.

Fucking EA. Always the same damn thing. They buy a studio, force it to make sequals, profit margin not large enough, immediately kills off the studio. Aaaaaaaaaand....it's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Well looks like EA wasn't satisfied with the sales and Metacritic average.

Fucking RIP, new Mass Effect in ten years or never.
    Aside from that, I wonder if this has any effect on MEA DLC plans; we still haven't heard anything yet, and I'd love to see the game get more content, both for single- and multiplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Fucking EA. Always the same damn thing. They buy a studio, force it to make sequals, profit margin not large enough, immediately kills off the studio. Aaaaaaaaaand....it's gone.
    This is squarely on BW. They were given every opportunity to succeed when it comes to budget/timelines etc. and they fucked up. Stop blaming EA for everything, BW made their own bed with this just like they did with SWTOR.

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpioRGc1 View Post
    Aside from that, I wonder if this has any effect on MEA DLC plans; we still haven't heard anything yet, and I'd love to see the game get more content, both for single- and multiplayer.
    DLC don't require as much team as making whole game, but it sounds like the game is already on life support.

If they had sold us a Season Pass for DLC, we'd know somethign would be coming, but now we can't be sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't usually get on fuck EA train but fuck EA.

On the bright side, people have been praising the patch.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like good news to me. Mass Effect going forward will be back to the studios that created its success, and Bioware Montreal won't get the opportunity to bomb another release.

10+ Year Old Account
    When a studio is given 5 years and the kind of budget a game like this is bound to have had, it's on bioware. With the kind of time bioware were given EA gave them plenty of rope to hang themselves with.

That said, that kotaku article is also kotaku speculating a bit about what staff being moved to Motive means for both the IP and Bioware, given what EA said about this same topic just yesterday at their earnings call too.

15+ Year Old Account
    But that isn't even close to what EA has said. They are putting people into another studios development pool. A studio that shares the same office space as the one the people are coming from. Makes sense right? That people you don't need right now get put into another project instead of being laid off. I don't even see it as a big deal. It is better to create a good game then churn out a new one just because you can.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This is squarely on BW. They were given every opportunity to succeed when it comes to budget/timelines etc. and they fucked up. Stop blaming EA for everything, BW made their own bed with this just like they did with SWTOR.
    I genuinely want to know how many resources they put into the procedurally generated worlds they wanted to go with before No Man's Sky tanked hard and they scrapped it. That's the only logical explanation, imo, for how rushed the rest of the development feels, that they had to double time it to deadlines set by EA chiefs and stockholders. It is on BW's head, not EA's, and I really hope it doesn't go on to have a negative effect on the future of the franchise, but it's still a shit potential end to one of the better gaming series in the past 10 years if it does lead to a lack of faith in BioWare and Mass Effect.
    Last edited by Matt0193; 2017-05-11 at 12:45 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The new patch is out http://blog.bioware.com/2017/05/09/p...lance-updates/ and http://blog.bioware.com/2017/05/09/m...ch-1-06-notes/ have the info.

"Those of you who have the Deluxe or Super Deluxe edition will also receive two custom Nomad skins, a new casual Pathfinder outfit, and an exclusive multiplayer pack with a high chance of receiving an ultra-rare item."

Sweet more free stuff.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

EA is not different from any other publisher really, BW was given time, budget and it was perfectly possible to make an awesome game in that time, they just fucked up on too many levels and paid the price.

Really, ALL games are pressured by deadlines set essentially by budget.

Hopefully this isn't the end for the franchise, but I hope they put more experienced talent on the team next time around, because there's alot of glaring mistakes in judgement as well as execution for ME:A.
    Last edited by Shiny212; 2017-05-10 at 10:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The patch further improved character models/graphics, especially hair and eye animation, and the faces have improved normal maps.

I haven't tested the MP stuff yet, but I'm not particularly into that aspect of the game.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

=( this is some very sad news.

First Deus Ex gets put on ice, now mass effect.

Just like I couldn't bring myself to finish Mankind Divided once I found out that the franchise was gonna be put on hold, now I can't bring myself to finish andromeda either now that I know the next game wont be seeing the light of day for at least a decade if we're lucky.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats a pretty good improvement. Cant wait for the game to be under 25 bucks so i get it. And yes Amazons got them around 30 used.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    =( this is some very sad news.

First Deus Ex gets put on ice, now mass effect.

Just like I couldn't bring myself to finish Mankind Divided once I found out that the franchise was gonna be put on hold, now I can't bring myself to finish andromeda either now that I know the next game wont be seeing the light of day for at least a decade if we're lucky.
    I thought you loved the game and everyone who disliked it was an evil hater?

A potential sequel was your only motivation for playing it lol?