Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    My guess would be we are going back to Northrend, considering how hellbent blizz is on making merging Wow with Diablo this would afford them the perfect opportunity to introduce BAM! Necromancer (next Hero Class) into the picture. Hell they even announced wo's version hellfire ammys today...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    they did say emerald dream wouldent be an expansion becauyse there isnt enough variation
    Yeah, after years of saying it would be an expansion, just a matter of 'when, not if'! The fools!

Although, I think Argus may actually legitimately suffer from the problem that was wrongly ascribed to the Dream, i.e. it'd all look the same. After 25,000 years of occupation, I have a hard time imaging Argus as anything other than a giant wasteland covered in fel lava and shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Yeah, after years of saying it would be an expansion, just a matter of 'when, not if'! The fools!

Although, I think Argus may actually legitimately suffer from the problem that was wrongly ascribed to the Dream, i.e. it'd all look the same. After 25,000 years of occupation, I have a hard time imaging Argus as anything other than a giant wasteland covered in fel lava and shit.
    look at the different areas of the broken shores
    the green
    the purple
    the rock
    the buildings
    bam thats all you got for what argus would look like
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post

The only way I could see Argus being in a future expansion as if some big end Argus gets 100% cleansed and it's back to the way it was before Sargeras came and ruined things. I HIGHLY DOUBT that will be the case. I do feel in some way Argus has to be much better then 7.2 otherwise people will feel it's underwhelming. I mean there will always be disappointed people but it should be significant.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

argus has to be awesome - and yes i really do believe we will cleanse the fel from argus - that will be what we do as we level LOL - when we rebuild argus, is also how we figure out how to get back to azeroth and we will be hopping back and forth - and there will be "Artifacts" from Argust that we use to combat the Nzoth/old god hybrids aka Zerg/Toss hybrid

oh and all the armor will be space based. We will finally have a terran marine skin for warriors and ghost skin for hunters

10+ Year Old Account
    For some reason I envision Argus as some kind of fel Talador or Auchindoun. I suppose the Legion's stronghold is in Mac'aree, if that's even the real name of the city after all? Or will they rename it so as not to sound like McCree?

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Deleted
    Argus costs us a lot of time like some sorta Interstellar shit, and in the time the Old Gods have started to rip and tear apart Azeroth. We have to stop them completely corrupting Azeroth and its world soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    For some reason I envision Argus as some kind of fel Talador or Auchindoun. I suppose the Legion's stronghold is in Mac'aree, if that's even the real name of the city after all? Or will they rename it so as not to sound like McCree?
    And miss Overwatch pun achievements? 'It's High Glotnorsk' (That's Eredun for Noon)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm expecting, the whole area going to have black ground. The land is dead and Fel will be everywhere and hopefully...crawling with demons.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm expecting, the whole area going to have black ground. The land is dead and Fel will be everywhere and hopefully...crawling with demons.
    Actually I disagree.

This video from Taliesin and Evitel goes into detail on their theories

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv091MruQYk

And they make some really good points. Enough to convince me.

Basically, the type of landscape you are describing is the Broken Shore, they won't do the same biome twice in a row.

What the video above argues is that that while Argus is a fel infused world, it won't be a dead world. It will still be the Eredar homeworld.

I imagine we will emerge through a portal or whatnot into an area around Mac'Aree, the Eredar capital. The landscape will have fel green, yes, but it will be mixed in with a natural purple landscape. Purple will be the dominant colour of Argus, not green.

It will be abuzz with life. Horrible, fel-infused life, both animal and plant, but life nonetheless. Beautiful and twisted.

Argus if you recall has not been marked for extermination by the Legion. There was never any need to scour it.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2017-05-10 at 10:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Argus if you recall has not been marked for extermination by the Legion. There was never any need to scour it.
    That is a good point. Have we ever seen an actual non-ravaged demonic landscape? At this time I cannot recall seeing anything like that.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

just end the game already
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    What's with this South Sea fetish? I mean, even in WoD where the OBVIOUS hint was a Legion theme expansion, a lot of people was bragging around this South Sea thing. I mean cmon, you fucking had a vision of the future in Kilrogg encounter........

And why Old Gods want to conquer a few islands? They need a new house for vacation? Or some tax free paradise? Yeah i understand that the "prison" cuold be in a island, but a whole expansion.... don't know....
    South Seas is a relic expansion idea from pre-MoP. Nowadays it's more appropriate to just say a "the ocean" expansion, since every damn south seas thread has Kul'Tiras in it which isn't even in the south sea lol.

An ocean expansion would be sweet though, with pirates and krakens and Castaway references

- - - Updated - - -

That is a good point. Have we ever seen an actual non-ravaged demonic landscape? At this time I cannot recall seeing anything like that.
    Demons are chaotic and destructive. A demon world not ravaged would be strange to see. Would they have demon cities with demonic little houses working demonic 9-5s?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsake View Post
    just end the game already
    No

South Seas is a relic expansion idea from pre-MoP. Nowadays it's more appropriate to just say a "the ocean" expansion, since every damn south seas thread has Kul'Tiras in it which isn't even in the south sea lol.

An ocean expansion would be sweet though, with pirates and krakens and Castaway references
    I think people say that now or since Mist for any new continent that wasn't part of the original big land mass that was Kalimdor.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I'd like to think that Argus could be host to a large variety of environments, being in control of the Legion for so long would definitely come with a fair share of destruction and fel landscapes all around. Eredar civilization may still very well keep lesser demons out of their cities, but nature itself would have been turned into a barren, fel wasteland.

Unless an Azshara/N'Zoth expansion that includes Titan/Island/Underground areas is next, I can't really think of anything else that would not involve exploring new planets.

There is no speculation. We are going into the depths to finally do away with N'Zoth and Azshara.

- - - Updated - - -

We have yet to even get into the void god story arcs so keep dreaming. Sargeras is just an annoyance in the way of the real threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    As much as I'd like to think that Argus could be host to a large variety of environments, being in control of the Legion for so long would definitely come with a fair share of destruction and fel landscapes all around. Eredar civilization may still very well keep lesser demons out of their cities, but nature itself would have been turned into a barren, fel wasteland.
    I imagine the world would be corrupted and twisted, but not scoured as is the ususal Legion practice. It would still be the Eredar homeworld after all.

I imagine a purple landscape, cracked by rivers of fel energy. There are birds and animals and trees and plants, but they too have been corrupted.

The landscape would be broken up by Legion bases that circle Mac'Aree, this is where I imagine the majority of the Demons guarding the city are kept...segregated from the main city.

Mac'Aree will look a lot like Shattrath in WoD but with a different colour scheme, maybe redder. The city would be filled with Eredar, who live in luxury, their whims sated by the slaves they have captured and taken here for the purpose.

That's my picture of Argus. I just can't see them doing Broken Shore Mark 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    There is no speculation. We are going into the depths to finally do away with N'Zoth and Azshara.
    There have been several times before we have thought we were going into the Ocean to deal with those two, but I agree that the signs and hints are overwhelming this time.

N'Zoth and Azshara are perfect entry level content for the story of the Void Lords, who will replace the Legion as the big bads of WoW once we permanently finish it off at the end of this expansion.

In fact, I believe that as someone more relatable than a gigantic blob of flesh cancerously burrowing into the planet, that Azshara is probably the final boss of this proposed expansion. Yes N'zoth is more powerful, but Yogg was more powerful than Arthas and Arthas was the face of WOTLK.

I imagine the world would be corrupted and twisted, but not scoured as is the ususal Legion practice. It would still be the Eredar homeworld after all.

I imagine a purple landscape, cracked by rivers of fel energy. There are birds and animals and trees and plants, but they too have been corrupted.

The landscape would be broken up by Legion bases that circle Mac'Aree, this is where I imagine the majority of the Demons guarding the city are kept...segregated from the main city.

Mac'Aree will look a lot like Shattrath in WoD but with a different colour scheme, maybe redder. The city would be filled with Eredar, who live in luxury, their whims sated by the slaves they have captured and taken here for the purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

There have been several times before we have thought we were going into the Ocean to deal with those two, but I agree that the signs and hints are overwhelming this time.

N'Zoth and Azshara are perfect entry level content for the story of the Void Lords, who will replace the Legion as the big bads of WoW once we permanently finish it off at the end of this expansion.

In fact, I believe that as someone more relatable than a gigantic blob of flesh cancerously burrowing into the planet, that Azshara is probably the final boss of this proposed expansion. Yes N'zoth is more powerful, but Yogg was more powerful than Arthas and Arthas was the face of WOTLK.
    I have a feeling Sargeras is going to get the boot from Argus once we get there if we don't defeat him entirely. You could be right about us fighting Azshara but I think that defeating Sargeras is going to enrage her because of her deep love for him and she will become a formidable foe.

I imagine the Ethereal will be reintroduced into the story soon.

10+ Year Old Account

That's a really interesting picture you are describing. I myself wish for something along those lines.

As long as they can properly explain non-entirely-corrupted environments it would be a good set-up for an expansion. Mac'Aree and surroundings are obviously going to be under heavy Legion influence, with grandiose Eredar architecture here and there, with little touches of fel and Legion influence even within the city, but preserving the Eredar legacy.

The Army of Light could conceivably be in control of certain areas that may be in a somewhat state of purification, even if we're talking about underground or isolated vales and mountains where guerrilla warfare might prove to be a problem to large Legion armies.

I think Argus would open up a whole new array of opportunities regarding world physics and natural landscapes, same as Outland did back in the day. But got to be really careful with overly "fel" environments as you mention, since Legion did not really put an incredible amount of focus on this apart from the Broken Shore and certain world areas, but still proved to cause fel fatigue for some.