Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Horde New French President blames 'homophobia' and 'misogyny' for obsession with his wife

The newly-elected President of France claimed that misogyny and homophobia were to blame for assumptions that he could not be in love with his wife who is 24 years his senior.

Speaking to Le Parisien newspaper, Emmanuel Macron addressed speculations about his sexuality and what he described as “parallel lives” people had attached to him.

Mr Macron said that if his wife was younger than him, nobody would question the validity of their relationship.

How Emmanuel Macron's parents discovered he was dating his teacher

“If I had been 20 years older than my wife, nobody would have thought for a single second that I couldn’t be [an intimate partner],” he said.

“It’s because she is 20 years older than me that lots of people say, ‘This [relationship] can’t be tenable, it can’t be possible.”

Reports concerning his relationship, he claimed, were due to “misogyny” and people ascribing to “traditional, homogenous” views about society.

Mr Macron first met his wife, Brigitte Trogneux, when he was a 15-year-old drama student. They developed a closer relationship when they worked together to re-write a play.

The couple married in 2007, when he was almost 30 and she was 54. During the presidential campaign, Ms Macron has been a constant figure by his side.

A new biography of the politician revealed that the teenager’s parents were shocked when they discovered he had started an affair with his married school teacher.

Mr Macron, who beat Front National candidate Marine Le Pen at the weekend with 66.1 per cent of the vote, also addressed rumours that he was gay.

He claimed there was “rampant homophobia” as people would accuse him of being a homosexual as if it was a “stain” or a “hidden disease”.

Mr Macron said that people who peddled or accepted such rumours had “lost their sense of reality” and had a “big problem with homosexuality”.

“There is a big problem with the presentation of society and [how they see] the place of women,” he added.

The President said such rumours about him were also “destabilising” for those who were closest to him and he was “sad” that politics was not more “civilised”.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7725441.html

It really is terrible how the media and many observers are obsessing over his wife. Is this where we are heading?

Wait so...how is this homophobia? Because he called him gay? I mean I don't even think its misogynistic.

If american politics and media taught me anything is that it's a-ok to target the family of the politicians we don't agree with.

“If I had been 20 years older than my wife, nobody would have thought for a single second that I couldn’t be [an intimate partner],” he said.
    Actually, I suspect that if he's been screwing a 15 year old when he was 39, he wouldn't have had a career in politics. Then again, maybe France is just way outside my reckoning on this front.

In any case, his relationship is pretty bizarre even if it's not pathological. It's hard for me to imagine an entirely psychologically normal man being super into that relationship sexually. Then again, I'm sure I hold the sorts of views that he'd say are problematic.

15+ Year Old Account
    A straight gerontophile complains about homophobia? Wuuuuuuuuut?

*Tilts head*

That's some damn strong projection he's going going on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Actually, I suspect that if he's been screwing a 15 year old when he was 39, he wouldn't have had a career in politics. Then again, maybe France is just way outside my reckoning on this front.

In any case, his relationship is pretty bizarre even if it's not pathological. It's hard for me to imagine an entirely psychologically normal man being super into that relationship sexually. Then again, I'm sure I hold the sorts of views that he'd say are problematic.
    ya, it's weird, anything beyond the normal age differential between a mom/child seems awkward, but I guess in politics marrying up in age can be good for the career of a young politician, especially if he or she is marrying into wealth with connections.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

10+ Year Old Account

How do you know they were screwing at that age?

It's common for older men to marry younger women. Yes it does seem strange for some reason to see an older woman married to a younger man, I don't know why.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't question either of those things. I question his eyesight.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

10+ Year Old Account
    ...wouldn't be the first time a gay man married someone to cover it up.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Wait so...how is this homophobia? Because he called him gay? I mean I don't even think its misogynistic.
    This whole circus stems from two pillars.

1) That because general society prefers that a Man marry a Woman who is younger than he is

And as such

2) Since his wife is his senior, that he couldn't possibly love her and married her in an attempt to mask being Gay

And as such:

- Is Homophobic due to portraying the idea of shame for having sexual partners of the same sex

- Is Misogynistic due to portraying the "role" of Women and what the construct of Marriage and the structure of a Heterosexual couple should be, which in this case is that Women should only Marry Men who are older than they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what all is going on with accusations and such about the guy... But not going to lie... That relationship is pretty strange. The age difference for starters, though many can look past that, but moreso the fact that she was his teacher makes it seem rather inappropriate... As I doubt their romance appeared out of thin air one day after he was legal and no longer even at the school.

Not to mention she has a daughter who is the same age as Macron. It had to be awkward to be an 18 year old and see your mom banging another 18 year old. Though it seems like they are cool since his step daughter who is, once again, the exact same age as him, campaigned for him.

15+ Year Old Account
    As someone who also dates older women than myself (never dated a 24 year gap though), I think she's pretty hot for a woman of her age. I get it.

Further, I agree that it's homophobic to assume he's covering up The Gay, and it's misogynistic to assume age gaps are only acceptable in the opposite direction.

So ya - it's a bit of a blunt statement from him, but he isn't wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I don't know what all is going on with accusations and such about the guy... But not going to lie... That relationship is pretty strange. The age difference for starters, though many can look past that, but moreso the fact that she was his teacher makes it seem rather inappropriate... As I doubt their romance appeared out of thin air one day after he was legal and no longer even at the school.

Not to mention she has a daughter who is the same age as Macron. It had to be awkward to be an 18 year old and see your mom banging another 18 year old. Though it seems like they are cool since his step daughter who is, once again, the exact same age as him, campaigned for him.
    They're French, if you aren't sleeping with your teacher you aren't living
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    As someone who also dates older women than myself (never dated a 24 year gap though), I think she's pretty hot for a woman of her age. I get it.

Further, I agree that it's homophobic to assume he's covering up The Gay, and it's misogynistic to assume age gaps are only acceptable in the opposite direction.

So ya - it's a bit of a blunt statement from him, but he isn't wrong.
    Yeah, pretty much explained it more concisely than I could.

I don't know why people care to involve themselves in other people's life choices. Both are consenting adults, that's all that should matter.

Wait...
    He married his teacher that he met when he was 15?

I think Macron has a little sugar in his tank, but whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    How do you know they were screwing at that age?
    A new biography of the politician revealed that the teenager’s parents were shocked when they discovered he had started an affair with his married school teacher.
    ...Heavily implied.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Wait...
    He married his teacher that he met when he was 15?
    Am I misreading something or are people not seeing that their relationship started when he was 15?
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    aH yes, the Y chromosome, noted summoner of rape demons from the misogyny dimension.

Every piece of this story sounds so fucking stupid. The accusations, the fact that he felt the need to respond to it, and people who think its an actual issue.