Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    How many times do you need to hear NO EVIDENCE OF COLLUSION before you finally get it? That said, there was ONE thing Clapper confirmed during the hearing regarding the dossier...that Putin has a “rabid animus” for Bill and Hillary Clinton. That was the ONLY thing Clapper cited as being decidedly accurate in the Steele dossier. You act as if the Russian diplomat long known as being a spy is somehow new news and highly incriminating in of itself...lol. Pathetic.
    No, Clapper said he and his team had no evidence of collusion, but he wasn't privy to the FBI investigation. And he hasn't been part of the investigation for months now. He wouldn't know if there was evidence of collusion if someone found some since he was in the DNI. The only thing that is pathetic here, is that you latched onto one single sentence in a long statement where he states this. Clearly you like taking things out of context.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    No, Clapper said he and his team had no evidence of collusion, but he wasn't privy to the FBI investigation. And he hasn't been part of the investigation for months now. He wouldn't know if there was evidence of collusion if someone found some since he was in the DNI. The only thing that is pathetic here, is that you latched onto one single sentence in a long statement where he states this. Clearly you like taking things out of context.
    My statement was in the context of public knowledge regarding alleged collusion. We have no credible evidence indicating such.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Facts are hard. March 26, 2012 was BEFORE the 2012 election.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/obama-...article/634473
    You do realize that he was STILL PRESIDENT at this time right? Something he can still do unless he were to lose the 2012 election. Now if you had information of him talking to Russia in 2009 and doing anything remotely close to what Trump, his transition team, and his campaign have done, you might have something. But you don't. You are trying to compare not even remotely close things to each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Unfuckingbelievable!

Wow...just wow!
    Yes, it is quite hilarious that you are trying to compare 2 points in time to each other than have nothing to do with each other.

Obama warns Trump team => They hire him anyway => Yates warns Trump team => They fire her and keep Flynn on => leaks hit press about Flynn => Finally, Flynn is fired

it's painfully obvious what's going on here

My statement was in the context of public knowledge regarding alleged collusion. We have no credible evidence indicating such.
    You apparently didn't hear anything of the hearing yesterday then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Obama warns Trump team => They hire him anyway => Yates warns Trump team => They fire her and keep Flynn on => leaks hit press about Flynn => Finally, Flynn is fired

Yep, for Trump, its time to blame Obama right? Instead of blaming Pence and himself for failing the vetting processes.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Obama warns Trump team => They hire him anyway => Yates warns Trump team => They fire her and keep Flynn on => leaks hit press about Flynn => Finally, Flynn is fired => Republicans focus more on how the leaks got out than on why Flynn was kept on for so long

Updated, and yes painfully obvious. A pertinent question would be "would Flynn still be in his position if the leaks hadn't happened?"

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    You do realize that he was STILL PRESIDENT at this time right? Something he can still do unless he were to lose the 2012 election. Now if you had information of him talking to Russia in 2009 and doing anything remotely close to what Trump, his transition team, and his campaign have done, you might have something. But you don't. You are trying to compare not even remotely close things to each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it is quite hilarious that you are trying to compare 2 points in time to each other than have nothing to do with each other.
    Lol, the LAST thing @DocSavageFan is going to do is pay attention to facts and logic. The only thing Trumpers have at this point is obfuscate and deflect, in the hope that all the shit coming towards Drumpf doesn't hit him.

The country be damned.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    You apparently didn't hear anything of the hearing yesterday then.
    I must have missed it...what credible evidence of Trump collusion with the Russians was presented?
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

I must have missed it...what credible evidence of Trump collusion with the Russians was presented?
    Again, why do you believe this information should be made available to you during the course of an investigation? Lack of evidence is not in and of itself, evidence.

Difficult concept, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And, back to the OP - so you're conceding that Trump had contact with Russia in 2015? And now we're just at the point of actually proving collusion before we kick his sorry ass out, right?
    Well, with the whole Comey firing, Trump's just finished the last mark on the Watergate checklist.

The tipping point for Nixon's (impending) impeachment was that "Even if he didn't know what people around him were doing on his behalf... he should have"... and I think that ship has sailed for Trump. You find repeatedly that he has surrounded himself with agents of foreign powers acting illegally on his behalf, that he has become aware of and has no issue with..... until they become a liability to him, and then he cuts them loose and dumps the blame on the agents, China, Obama, and some random nerds sitting in a basement wearing no pants. Whatever he thinks people will believe long enough to get the next headline bumping out the last.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, for Trump, its time to blame Obama right? Instead of blaming Pence and himself for failing the vetting processes.
    This isn't even vetting.

Vetting involves *you* looking for problems with the candidate.

People were making them aware of the problems with no effort being taken on their part... well, except of course for firing Yates the day after telling Trump, I suppose.

Willful Ignorance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey look everyone! Chaffetz is back!

Chaffetz released this statement which is calling for expanding the investigation into the FBI/DOJ into the election, to include the firing of Comey. And here I thought he was hiding behind a tall hedge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Updated, and yes painfully obvious. A pertinent question would be "would Flynn still be in his position if the leaks hadn't happened?"
    According to Rogue POTUS Staff -- so, yeah, air of caution -- but according to them, Trump was angry with Preibus and Pence for "making him" let Flynn go, then yelled at McMaster that he wishes Flynn was there instead of him.

So, even if that site is fake -- and I don't think it is, but I won't be taking their word as fact either -- but even if it was, someone thought that story was good enough to sell, and good enough to be believed. That, alone, says something.

- - - Updated - - -

It wouldn't have mattered. Flynn lied during his last security clearance renewal and that was before Trump. He didn't even start the one to be on the NSC, despite being on the NSC, but there's zero to negative reason to believe he'd be honest about that either.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Well, with the whole Comey firing, Trump's just finished the last mark on the Watergate checklist.

The tipping point for Nixon's (impending) impeachment was that "Even if he didn't know what people around him were doing on his behalf... he should have"... and I think that ship has sailed for Trump. You find repeatedly that he has surrounded himself with agents of foreign powers acting illegally on his behalf, that he has become aware of and has no issue with..... until they become a liability to him, and then he cuts them loose and dumps the blame on the agents, China, Obama, and some random nerds sitting in a basement wearing no pants. Whatever he thinks people will believe long enough to get the next headline bumping out the last.
    I hear you there - and agree. My biggest concern right now is that with the House and Senate controlled by his party, it's going to get washed away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Hey look everyone! Chaffetz is back!

Chaffetz released this statement which is calling for expanding the investigation into the FBI/DOJ into the election, to include the firing of Comey. And here I thought he was hiding behind a tall hedge.
    Excellent. Go get 'em Chaffetz!

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I hear you there - and agree. My biggest concern right now is that with the House and Senate controlled by his party, it's going to get washed away.

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent. Go get 'em Chaffetz!
    Chaffetz has his own problems. He may be just as fucked as the rest of them.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    1. If Obama knew Flynn was a sketchy character, why didn't he revoke his security clearance when he had the opportunity?

2. After being warned by Obama, Yates, and Clapper, why did Trump decide to name Flynn his National Security Adviser?
    As far as I can tell, Obama warned him about Flynn being incompetent (which is why he lost his last job), not a threat to national security. Yates did that.

Obama warned Trump about Flynn during their Oval Office meeting on November 10, days after Trump was elected president.
    "Given the importance of the job, the President through there were better people for it, and that Flynn wasn't up for the job," a former senior Obama administration official told CNN Monday.
    Other former Obama administration officials said then-Director of National Intelligence James Clapper didn't think highly of Flynn, and in fact was the person who recommended Flynn's firing as DNI in 2014. Flynn's focus was generally limited to terrorism and didn't know much about many other issues important for the national security adviser job, such as China, the officials said.
    http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/08/po...michael-flynn/

Presumably Trump thought to himself "incompetent AND corrupt? He's the man for me!".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Facts are hard. March 26, 2012 was BEFORE the 2012 election.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/obama-...article/634473
    what's the smoking gun? You got a ban but seriously what's wrong exactly when the sitting president acts like the sitting president?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Former President Obama warned President Donald Trump against hiring Mike Flynn as his national security adviser, three former Obama administration officials tell NBC News.

The warning, which has not been previously reported, came less than 48 hours after the November election when the two sat down for a 90-minute conversation in the Oval Office.

Spicer confirms.

So I have two questions.

1. If Obama knew Flynn was a sketchy character, why didn't he revoke his security clearance when he had the opportunity?

2. After being warned by Obama, Yates, and Clapper, why did Trump decide to name Flynn his National Security Adviser?
    1) irrelevant argument, nothing but cheap deflection. Maybe the Obama administration had his reasons for not to but even so that does not change the fact Obama personally warned Trump and that his team also warned the incoming Trump administration.

2) fictional enemies are fictional, he thought Obama wanted him to fail or they thought he was ''joking'' in other words projection. Don't forget though, we are talking about the guy that calls himself a ''like a smart person'' and then goes and give a press conference and says ''nobody knew XYZ was so complicated''

Trump is a mix of Nixon and Bush jr, as it currently seems he is as corrupt as Nixon but at the same time as stupid as Bush Jr. Maybe at some point the Trump himself will be cleared of all suspension, but right now he is making it hard to believe that he is innocent because every 2 weeks we get something new and trump himself keeps on given.
    Last edited by ati87; 2017-05-11 at 08:32 AM.