10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"

Verbal Kint

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    "b-but you are really daydreaming when you think trump will drain the swamp"
    -> Trump starts draining the swamp
    "reeeeeeeeeeeee. Wtf I love Comey now despite wanting him to resign in october"

- The left.

What a clown fiesta.
    What magical fairy land do you reside in wherein Trump has even vaguely attempted to drain the swamp? The guy's entire administration is listed as a subheading under the dictionary definitions of "Kickback" and "Nepotism".....

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"

Verbal Kint
    I got this: "two Corinthians, two Corinthians 317, that's the whole ball game"

This is a perfect summary of the Trump administration's handling of the Russian investigation. The kid represents sane America.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    As Max Boot said, we will find out who believes in the Republican Party and who believes in the republic.

Your remarks are truly disgusting.

- - - Updated - - -

Democrats have their issues. Note taken.

But to equate them to Republicans is the height of intellectual dishonesty. And for you to crow about blindness...
    It's like comparing someone who steals a stick of gum to a serial killer.

Wow this thread is bringing the industrial strength crazy out of the woodworks.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Isaiah 26:12
    12 LORD, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us.

infracted - forbidden topics
    Starting to wonder if you're actually serious. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post

Verbal Kint
    He's actually quoting Baudelaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    The whole "it was them, we did nothing" shtick on this forum is fucking hilarious, Barabas is a classic example of such. How can some of you be so fucking blind and not see the faults of both sides? Or this two party political system being a fucking joke? Hopefully something changes, as it sits everyone points fingers but lacks real solutions that benefits the American people.
    I agree that partisan politics are the real problem.

However one party in particular has jettisoned any remaining sanity in the pursuit of pure partisan nihilism, and this was made very plain in the last election and its consequences are playing out right now.

Both parties are bad. One of them is a lot worse. Like, going nuclear right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    This is a perfect summary of the Trump administration's handling of the Russian investigation. The kid represents sane America.o]
    Huffpost no wonder. You have quite an overreach there, it's not like he tried to hit the kid in the face deliberately

reminds me of this except much less painful

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    Huffpost no wonder. You have quite an overreach there, it's not like he tried to hit the kid in the face deliberately

reminds me of this except much less painful

Good job on entirely missing the point.

"But Huffpo". El oh El sir, El o EL.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    As Max Boot said, we will find out who believes in the Republican Party and who believes in the republic.

Your remarks are truly disgusting.

- - - Updated - - -

Democrats have their issues. Note taken.

But to equate them to Republicans is the height of intellectual dishonesty. And for you to crow about blindness...
    Show me where I equated Democrats to Republicans? I don't believe I did so, I merely stated both sides have their problems and our 2 party system needs to be fixed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    It's like comparing someone who steals a stick of gum to a serial killer.
    Once again I didn't compare the two, where you see that is beyond me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Wow this thread is bringing the industrial strength crazy out of the woodworks.

Starting to wonder if you're actually serious. LOL.

He's actually quoting Baudelaire.

I agree that partisan politics are the real problem.

However one party in particular has jettisoned any remaining sanity in the pursuit of pure partisan nihilism, and this was made very plain in the last election and its consequences are playing out right now.

Both parties are bad. One of them is a lot worse. Like, going nuclear right now.
    I do agree, but I wasn't going to point out one specific party but was merely stating that both have it's issues and the whole system itself has problems. But yes the current Republicans are going full derp right now.

Deleted
    To be fair Comey was a cunt.

His proudest achievement was having FBI agents fabricate plots and then entice mentally disturbed loners to join them.
    Or that time that he said he didn't know what Gazprom was.

Politico has an article up on the behind the scenes clusterfuck behind the firing:

President Donald Trump weighed firing his FBI director for more than a week. When he finally pulled the trigger Tuesday afternoon, he didn’t call James Comey. He sent his longtime private security guard to deliver the termination letter in a manila folder to FBI headquarters.

He had grown enraged by the Russia investigation, two advisers said, frustrated by his inability to control the mushrooming narrative around Russia. He repeatedly asked aides why the Russia investigation wouldn’t disappear and demanded they speak out for him. He would sometimes scream at television clips about the probe, one adviser said.

Trump’s firing of the high-profile FBI director on the 110th day after the president took office marked another sudden turn for an administration that has fired its acting attorney general, national security adviser and now its FBI director, whom Trump had praised until recent weeks and even blew a kiss to during a January appearance.

The news stunned Comey, who saw news of his dismissal on TV while speaking inside the FBI office in Los Angeles. It startled all but the uppermost ring of White House advisers, who said grumbling about Comey hadn’t dominated their own morning senior staff meetings. Other top officials learned just before it happened and were unaware Trump was considering firing Comey. “Nobody really knew,” one senior White House official said. “Our phones all buzzed and people said, ‘What?’”

By ousting the FBI director investigating his campaign and associates, Trump may have added more fuel to the fire he is furiously trying to contain — and he was quickly criticized by a chorus of Republicans and Democrats. “The timing of this firing was very troubling,” said Sen. Ben Sasse, a Nebraska Republican.

Trump had grown angry with the Russia investigation — particularly Comey admitting in front of the Senate that the FBI was investigating his campaign — and that the FBI director wouldn’t support his claims that President Barack Obama had tapped his phones in Trump Tower.

Bipartisan criticism of Comey had mounted since last summer after the director delivered a lengthy statement outlining why no charges would be brought against former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for her use of a private email server.

But the fallout seemed to take the White House by surprise. Trump made a round of calls around 5 p.m., asking for support from senators. White House officials believed it would be a “win-win” because Republicans and Democrats alike had had problems with the FBI director, one person briefed on the administration’s deliberations said.

Instead, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) told him he was making a big mistake — and Trump seemed “taken aback,” according to a person familiar with the call.

By Tuesday evening, the president was watching the coverage of his decision and frustrated no one was on TV defending him, a White House official said. He wanted surrogates out there beating the drum.

Instead, advisers were attacking one another for not realizing the gravity of the situation as events blew up. “How are you not defending your position for three solid hours on TV?” the White House aide asked.

Two White House officials said there was little communications strategy in handling the firing, and that staffers were given talking points late Tuesday for hastily arranged media appearances. Aides soon circulated previous quotes from Schumer hitting Comey. After Schumer called for a special prosecutor, the White House huddled in press secretary Sean Spicer’s office to devise a strategy and sent “fresh faces” to TV, one White House official said.
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...-russia-238192

Also, Sean Spicer hiding in the bushes is going to make for a good episode of SNL I'm sure:

When news of FBI Director James Comey’s sudden dismissal broke, reporters turned to press secretary Sean Spicer for answers. But where was he? Hiding in the bushes, apparently.
    According to a Washington Post report of the aftermath of Mr Comey’s sacking, Mr Spicer wrapped up an interview with Fox Business from the White House grounds before vanishing.
    “After Spicer spent several minutes hidden in the bushes behind these sets, Janet Montesi, an executive assistant in the press office, emerged and told reporters that Spicer would answer some questions, as long as he was not filmed doing so. Spicer then emerged,” the newspaper reported.
    http://www.news.com.au/world/north-a...c7997444862122

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VinylScratch View Post
    Right, Politico, that totally non-biased source of media. . . People who actually take that source as credible are about as idiotic as people who take Breitbart as 100% honesty. There's clear biases, they're not credible sources/
    Politico:

LEFT-CENTER BIAS

These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.

Factual Reporting: HIGH

Notes: Politico is an American political-journalism organization based in Arlington County, Virginia, that covers politics and policy in the United States and internationally. It distributes content via television, the Internet, The Politico newspaper, radio, and podcasts. Its coverage in Washington, D.C., includes the U.S. Congress, lobbying, media and the presidency. Has a left-center bias in reporting.
    https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/politico/

Breitbart:

RIGHT BIAS

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy.

Factual Reporting: MIXED

Notes: Breitbart News Network is a politically conservative American news and opinion website founded in 2007 by conservative commentator and entrepreneur Andrew Breitbart (1969–2012). It also has a daily radio program, Breitbart News Daily. The content ranges from extreme right wing bias to conspiracy to racism (“Then you see President Barack Hussein Obama waving the line-cutters forward. He’s on their side. In fact, isn’t he a line-cutter too? How did this fatherless black guy pay for Harvard?”). Breitbart has been accused of publishing fake news for the purpose of a political agenda.

Update: As of 8/17/16 Stephen Bannon, the executive chairman of Breitbart News LLC, will become Donald Trumps campaign’s chief executive. This move ensures that Breitbart will become the official media outlet and propaganda wing for Donald Trump’s Presidential bid.

Update: After the election 2016 Stephen Bannon was named Adviser to President-Elect Donald Trump.

Update: 4/25/17 Breitbart has been denied Senate Press Credentials.
    https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/breitbart/

False equivalence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

@Mormolyce wow if the quote with trump is true, what a shitfest it is going on in white house now. The bottom has really happened so nothing deniable. Fucking hilarious.

One of best parts? Shortly after Sacking Comey, the President had a scheduled meeting with a Russian Diplomat named Lavrov. The US media (all of the US media) was denied entry into that meeting. The Russian media was not.

Let that sink in for a second.

Your first source for media reporting on a meeting on American Soil, and not just any American soil, but the goddamned White House, will be foreign media.....

That sound you hear is the collective whine of every single dead president spinning in their graves like jet turbines.......
    Last edited by Surfd; 2017-05-11 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    One of best parts? Shortly after Sacking Comey, the President had a scheduled meeting with a Russian Diplomat named Lavrov. The US media (all of the US media) was denied entry into that meeting. The Russian Journalists were not.

Let that sink in for a second.

Your first source, for journalistic reporting on a meeting on American Soil, not just any American soil, but the goddamned White House, will be foreign media.....

That sound you hear is the collective whine of every single dead president spinning in their graves like jet turbines.......
    Of course, how do you expect him to negotiate his asylum in Russia if the US media is there to hold him accountable?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Of course, how do you expect him to negotiate his asylum in Russia if the US media is there to hold him accountable?
    But would it really matter though? I mean we've seen how far detached from reality your typical Trump Supporter is. Even if all the media stations had him on camera taking money from any Russian representative and coming out and saying "I'll do whatever you want to the United States" you would still have people saying the whole thing was staged and that it never really happened because CNN or MSNBC covered it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    But would it really matter though? I mean we've seen how far detached from reality your typical Trump Supporter is. Even if all the media stations had him on camera taking money from any Russian representative and coming out and saying "I'll do whatever you want to the United States" you would still have people saying the whole thing was staged and that it never really happened because CNN or MSNBC covered it.
    Well, I'm sure Tucker Carlson would tell them that it was perfectly legal and normal for Trump to do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'm sure Tucker Carlson would tell them that it was perfectly legal and normal for Trump to do that.
    I swear by the time this Presidency ends that guy will have his own Bible of Bullshit defending Trump.

We will start today by reading from the Book Of Batshit Craziness....

On the 100th Day the Glorious Leader brought forth peace with the Russians....and the Media scoffed at his Greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    I swear by the time this Presidency ends that guy will have his own Bible of Bullshit defending Trump.

We will start today by reading from the Book Of Batshit Craziness....

On the 100th Day the Glorious Leader brought forth peace with the Russians....and the Media scoffed at his Greatness.
    Today he went into full rant mode about how Comey was off the rails and was a danger to democracy and that he needed to be fired immediately to save the country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Today he went into full rant mode about how Comey was off the rails and was a danger to democracy and that he needed to be fired immediately to save the country.
    So he worships at the Altar of Alex Jones?

That would explain it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Also, Putin demanded the meeting.