Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New hunter legendary ring

If they keep it in it's current form it seems like it could be really good for at least 2 of the 3 hunter specs.

2010 stam & socket. (currently showing 910 ilvl)
    Effects:
    Beast Mastery - Gain the Dire Stable talent
    Marksman - Gain the Lock and Load talent
    Survival - Gain the Animal Instincts talent

For BM gaining Dire Stable would free you up to also take Way of the Cobra. Little more damage to Cobra shot but not sure how this would stack up compared to other BM legendaries. I feel like current ring/belt/bracers might still provide better pairs of equipped legendaries.

For MM this would allow you to take True Aim while also having Lock and Load which would be pretty nice, especially if you are playing Trickshot/Patient Sniper. I think boots would still be BIS for all builds but I can see the new ring being better than MKII gloves for Trickshot. If you are playing Expl/Piercing shot I think Zevrims would still be better since AiS is such a small percentage of your damage.

For Survival it would allow you get get both Animal Instincts and Way of the Mok'Nathal. I have not played Legion Survival but this seems pretty good since both of these talents are considered strong. Not familiar with Survival legendaries so I don't know if there is currently a really strong pair or if this new ring would fit in with the current offerings.

Thoughts on this? Keep in mind this could all change if Blizzard decides to change which talent is granted. Some classes have placeholder talents that aren't even in their tree currently (Mage ring has Vigor, which is a rogue talent.)

lol no, the ring its not that good for mm, the gloves that are fixed right now are awesome, PS is far superior for pure ST bosses than L&L i think the leg ring its very early to judge it, because dont think that passives gonna stay.

The gloves are awesome more now, that are fixed.

you not gonna change belt or gloves for ring right now.

The ring would need Mast>Crit to have a chance of competing with gloves on ST, and even then it's very doubtful.
    On fights where there's a little target swapping not much at all, could be nice, might have a niche there.
    But on AoE, TA is trash, so there's no point in running it + LnL. Making the ring useless.

It's a solid ok and we'll see sims later.

For BM, Belt would still be a little bit better in terms of focus saving vs the extra focus gain from ring. But it its a slight edge. I think if you have a sick titanforged non-leggo BiS belt, the ring could be better. Whats the secondaries on the ring?

That ring would be quite awesome for survival cause it means more mongoose bites and aspect of the eagle without giving up mok'nathal. It would likely be the second best legendary behind call of the wild and would synergize crazy well with it and convergence of fate.

Quote Originally Posted by keygy View Post
    lol no, the ring its not that good for mm, the gloves that are fixed right now are awesome, PS is far superior for pure ST bosses than L&L i think the leg ring its very early to judge it, because dont think that passives gonna stay.

The gloves are awesome more now, that are fixed.

you not gonna change belt or gloves for ring right now.
    Gloves factor out to be 7% crit to AiS.

Patient Sniper is not on the same talent tier as LnL. The ring granting LnL would allow you to also pick up True Aim which is really good for ST, but ass for AOE. For a purely ST boss I would totally run the ring over the gloves since I'd rather get TA and LnL instead of either talent + 7% crit (from gloves). For AOE the belt is insane and the ring wouldn't benefit your dmg in any meaningful way so in that case you would still run boots/belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    For BM, Belt would still be a little bit better in terms of focus saving vs the extra focus gain from ring. But it its a slight edge. I think if you have a sick titanforged non-leggo BiS belt, the ring could be better. Whats the secondaries on the ring?
    At this point there are no secondaries. Not sure if they have plans to add any or if they are just going to leave the equipped bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Holovik View Post
    For a purely ST boss I would totally run the ring over the gloves since I'd rather get TA and LnL instead of either talent + 7% crit (from gloves)
    Who gives a fk what you'd run lol, what's better is what actually matters, and strickly speaking, on pure ST, gloves atm win out unless it's god stats then ring likely barely below gloves. And that isn't even considering the dmg gain you get from mobility.

looks like BM youll still run the belt and boots or belt and wrists after the patch for raids, pending how the shoulders sim out.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Who gives a fk what you'd run lol, what's better is what actually matters, and strickly speaking, on pure ST, gloves atm win out unless it's god stats then ring likely barely below gloves. And that isn't even considering the dmg gain you get from mobility.
    Guess we'll have to wait for sims. I find it hard to believe that 7% crit to AiS and some agility is better than being able to talent into TA (20% dmg to AiS and AS) while also getting LnL when talking about pure ST.

Very unlikely that BM would use the ring (assuming you have all legends). The talent simply isn't good enough compared to what other bonuses the legendaries bring.

Right now, the only Hunter spec that looks to get any real use out of this 100% of the time will be SV. Large part of that is from the poor choices of good legendaries for SV and the reduced CD from FS can be gamed by only having certain things on CD while using it. BM/MM will be situational depending on current stat weights and whether ST/AoE, as well as having better options to choose from.
    Just another fine example of Blizz balance where this will be shit for some class/specs and amazing for others.

This seems like another Diablo inspired change. Maybe they will be granting talents across classes--anyone remember casting your battle cries on your mage before going out into the Blood Moor?

Guess we'll have to wait for sims. I find it hard to believe that 7% crit to AiS and some agility is better than being able to talent into TA (20% dmg to AiS and AS) while also getting LnL when talking about pure ST.
    LnL is the weak talent here, and you're not valuing the mobility. That's a big mistake. The mobility is very very important and is a dps gain all on its own. But even without the mobility, the initial assumption is that gloves will trump ring on ST, go ask around on the discord.

Deleted
    The 2 Legendary Cap will make it so that you'll never wear it...

unless 2p + 4p trumps it somehow.

Otherwise, it's always boots+gloves, or boots+belt...or even belt+gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    I could be wrong, but the ring does not seem great any spec.

For BM you dont really need any extra focus and your other legendary choices arent bad (ring or wrists with COF).
    For SV its useless since you already got your needed hawk CDR via COF and you always want to use your artefact ability into the last second of hawk. Having 5-15s less CD on Hawk would still let you wait on your artfact ability, making it useless.
    For MM AOE its useless, for ST you probably would have to sim it, but it does not seem bad (but not great either).
    It's very very strong for survival, but you're right about BM and MM

For Survival it would allow you get get both Animal Instincts and Way of the Mok'Nathal. I have not played Legion Survival but this seems pretty good since both of these talents are considered strong. Not familiar with Survival legendaries so I don't know if there is currently a really strong pair or if this new ring would fit in with the current offerings.
    Honestly, AI and mok pretty heavily counteract each other; AI requires you put a higher priority on flanking strike, and spend less focus on raptor strike. Mok requires you put a higher priority on raptor strike, and spend less focus on flanking strike. (we don't really have the focus to get anywhere close to full benefit from AI while also maintaining mok'nathal stacks). There's also the fact that Mok is pretty mechanically unpopular, with AI being the "I hate mok'nathal with a passion" alternative.

The SV ring would make a lot more sense if it gave one of the trap talents (expert trapper or guerrilla tactics) because neither requires dramatic rotation changes to benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Derian View Post
    Honestly, AI and mok pretty heavily counteract each other; AI requires you put a higher priority on flanking strike, and spend less focus on raptor strike. Mok requires you put a higher priority on raptor strike, and spend less focus on flanking strike. (we don't really have the focus to get anywhere close to full benefit from AI while also maintaining mok'nathal stacks). There's also the fact that Mok is pretty mechanically unpopular, with AI being the "I hate mok'nathal with a passion" alternative.

The SV ring would make a lot more sense if it gave one of the trap talents (expert trapper or guerrilla tactics) because neither requires dramatic rotation changes to benefit.

Nah it actually works out quite well, jump on the hunter disc and chat to prox/azor/phi about it, they'll explain it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Derian View Post

I very much disagree. Yes, applying mok at the beginning is very focus intensive, but after you have 4 stacks it doesn't require much focus to maintain. After the initial ramp up I save focus for flanking strike. With this ring plus call of the wild you will see a significant increase in damage due to the added bites and aspect of the eagles they would generate while not giving up the 12% increase from mok.

The BM ring is really a poor choice, why couldnt we just get Chimaera shot for the love of god.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    The 2 Legendary Cap will make it so that you'll never wear it...

unless 2p + 4p trumps it somehow.

Otherwise, it's always boots+gloves, or boots+belt...or even belt+gloves.
    I think you meant wrists instead of gloves?