Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajjax View Post
    the lawls in this comment are 10/10. Yeah im out of touch kiddo sooooo out of touch. Look at logs, shamans are just fine. Then look at your own play and figure out what you are doing wrong. Because I and many other resto shammys have zero issues hitting the numbers.
    Since you asked, if you're curious.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...gregate=amount

I think they could use a slight buff but they currently have a kit that is really strong, and thus the parse numbers being so high!

Deleted

looks fairly balanced to me

Quote Originally Posted by soradakey View Post
    Since you asked, if you're curious.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...gregate=amount
    Ive regularly hit over 700k with no issues in mythic. Those are an average based on all those parses, try not being an average healer if you want to base your numbers off that benchmark.

Ive regularly hit over 700k with no issues in mythic. Those are an average based on all those parses, try not being an average healer if you want to base your numbers off that benchmark.
    But the averag puts them as very balanced.
    Healer balance is probably as good as it ever was.

Deleted
    It cannot be stressed enough how clueless people who judge healer performance by hps are.

Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post

looks fairly balanced to me
    And what's the point of that graphic? Shamans have the best mastery and the best utility so I don't really see the logic behind those graphs. Monks have awful utility and horrendous mana costs and are not able to maintain those numbers as long as Shamans or any other healer can.

If Shamans had the best HPS there'd be little reason to invite other healers. IMO, we're intentionally tuned down because of our insane utility.

It's actually the average of the top 75th percentile of those parses. The trend continues into top 90th percentile as well, with the only change being monks dropping below shams by an average of 2k hps. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...unt&dataset=90

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Devore View Post
    It cannot be stressed enough how clueless people who judge healer performance by hps are.
    Well, yes and no. Raid makeup, skill of players, level of gear, all these things hugely factor into your raids hps. If your raid insists on 4 healing a fight that other guilds can 3 heal, then of course your hps is going to be nowhere near that of the other guilds healers. However if you have two r shams in the same fight and one of them is consistently doing 100k hps more, then I don't know how you can look at that and not make the assumption that they are missing something the other isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    But the averag puts them as very balanced.
    Healer balance is probably as good as it ever was.
    And i am agreeing with everything you said, my argument is that we do not need a buff.

And i am agreeing with everything you said, my argument is that we do not need a buff.
    Indeed. All it takes is a boss design that forced players to stack and shaman healing looks crazy on the meters.

They are not in the state they were back then. If that's what you think then you are wrong or cannot play your shaman.
    You really need to work on your reading comprehension before you start insulting people left and right.

Deleted
    Well, yes and no. Raid makeup, skill of players, level of gear, all these things hugely factor into your raids hps. If your raid insists on 4 healing a fight that other guilds can 3 heal, then of course your hps is going to be nowhere near that of the other guilds healers. However if you have two r shams in the same fight and one of them is consistently doing 100k hps more, then I don't know how you can look at that and not make the assumption that they are missing something the other isn't.
    It's very simple. If you have 2 resto shamans in raid, one is going to be focusing on raid healing and the other on spot healing. Obviously the former will come out on top in HPS, however that does not mean the latter is a less skilled healer.
    Even if you assume both will spec and gear for raid healing, their HPS will fluctuate between attempts, simply because player health in this game is very limited compared to your group's overall healing output, thus overhealing is unavoidable.
    Furthermore, you have to account for raid cooldowns as well, a resto shaman cannot outperform or even match other healers in pure effective output, simply because then nobody would bring anything but them.

Let's not even talk about HPS being tied to your whole raid's performance, which will never be consistent between pulls/lockouts.

Thus, judging healing performance down to the very last 10k of HPS, as if everyone was healing a 1 billion hp dummy, is to put it mildly - idiotic.

It's very simple. If you have 2 resto shamans in raid, one is going to be focusing on raid healing and the other on spot healing. Obviously the former will come out on top in HPS, however that does not mean the latter is a less skilled healer.
    Even if you assume both will spec and gear for raid healing, their HPS will fluctuate between attempts, simply because player health in this game is very limited compared to your group's overall healing output, thus overhealing is unavoidable.
    Furthermore, you have to account for raid cooldowns as well, a resto shaman cannot outperform or even match other healers in pure effective output, simply because then nobody would bring anything but them.

Let's not even talk about HPS being tied to your whole raid's performance, which will never be consistent between pulls/lockouts.

Thus, judging healing performance down to the very last 10k of HPS, as if everyone was healing a 1 billion hp dummy, is to put it mildly - idiotic.
    This guy gets it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Cheers.

There's certainly an appeal to seeing your name at the top of a meter (even as a healer), and it kind of feels good to dominate all the other people in the raid. But that's not really efficient, which is really what being any healer is about. putting the right spell out at the right time. I much prefer looking at my raid's log and seeing a smooth set where one healer peaks and when his/her cooldown is up, the next healer is peaking. That says to me they're working as team and covering each other. I'm looking to find out if they work well together, or is there a healing Diva that needs the spotlight, and is screwing up all the other healers trying to snipe things and thus, wasting everyone's mana and cooldowns.