Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Guardian DPS question

When you pop incarn, assuming you have 3 thrash relics and bracers, should you only use thrash over mangle? Or is it still more damage to spam mangle once you've applied your thrash stacks?

Dps priority rotation should be:
    Trash > Mangle > Maul > Swipe

Trash is your main damage ability, even on single target having Luffa's and trash relics.

Deleted
    Remember to keep Moonfire rolling on single target, then spam the ever living hell out of Thrash. Moonfire (with DoT included) is the only ability we have with a higher DPCT than Thrash (with Luffa+Relics)

Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    Remember to keep Moonfire rolling on single target, then spam the ever living hell out of Thrash. Moonfire (with DoT included) is the only ability we have with a higher DPCT than Thrash (with Luffa+Relics)
    Moonfire certainly isn't worth casting with incarn up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwell View Post
    Moonfire certainly isn't worth casting with incarn up.
    Yes it is, on single target. It still does more damage in that GCD than the Thrash you lose out on. If you go into Incarn with your very last global before it being Moonfire, you would cast moonfire 15 seconds later (for pandemic window) or lose out on 14 seconds of the DoT. The hit+14 seconds of the DoT is more damage than the single Thrash you lose.

Thank's much for the advice! I was just spamming thrash/maul during incarn but now I'm keeping up the moonfire dot.

Yes it is, on single target. It still does more damage in that GCD than the Thrash you lose out on. If you go into Incarn with your very last global before it being Moonfire, you would cast moonfire 15 seconds later (for pandemic window) or lose out on 14 seconds of the DoT. The hit+14 seconds of the DoT is more damage than the single Thrash you lose.
    You didn't account for pawsitive.

Deleted
    You didn't account for pawsitive.
    Yes I did. You just add 15% damage to Thrash, Moonfire is still better

Yes I did. You just add 15% damage to Thrash, Moonfire is still better
    Pawsitive can proc additional times from previous Pawsitive procs. It's much harder to quantify than adding the 15% onto Thrash damage.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Pawsitive can proc additional times from previous Pawsitive procs. It's much harder to quantify than adding the 15% onto Thrash damage.
    It's not hard to quantify actually; it's 17.65% more Thrash damage, not 15% (from summing the geometric series with common ratio 0.15).
    Last edited by Khiyone; 2017-05-12 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    It's not hard to quantify actually; it's 17.65% more Thrash damage, not 15% (from summing the geometric series with common ratio 0.15).
    Trying to quantify rng lol

I mean we work with averages. I'm not saying he's right, just saying that your argument is weird. That's like saying you should stack Crit forever because "Lol RNG you might get lucky".

Deleted
    Exactly the thing statistics and simulators were built for.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    I mean we work with averages. I'm not saying he's right, just saying that your argument is weird. That's like saying you should stack Crit forever because "Lol RNG you might get lucky".
    I mean that's why you stack crit for feral aff.

Deleted
    I mean that's why you stack crit for feral aff.
    No, you stack crit/versa, because your feral damage isn't affected by haste and therefore haste is devalued when compared with the other two, and therefore on average crit is the highest dps increase per rating, until the returns diminish far enough that it is overtaken by versa.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have you ever studied statistics before? One works with expected value in this context, and the expected number of Thrashes you get from Pawsitive Outlooks is 17.65% from a very simple EV argument.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    What about mastery?
    What about it? Tank masteries are rather poor for dps, even though they aren't worthless. They give you a percentage bonus on Attack Power and all our damage scales with that.

Isnt maul worthless? below swipe?

Kinda, yeah, receiving huge buffs n 7.2.5 though.