Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I thought you loved the game and everyone who disliked it was an evil hater?

A potential sequel was your only motivation for playing it lol?
    I love the game, and no, anyone who dislikes it is not "an evil hater".

And don't twist my words. Its not like my main motivator to play it is a sequel.

As I said before, I don't feel very motivated to finish it, now that I know the franchise has been put in a coma.

Imagine you're starting to read the Harry Potter books, you're half way through the first one, you're loving it, but you also know it wont wrap up every single plot thread as this is intended to be a multi-book franchise. But then as you're 60% done with the book, suddenly the author died. There wont be any more harry potter books coming. Your motivation to keep going is gonna feel diminished, because you know you're gonna get an incomplete story that will not be wrapped up.

That's how I feel about Andromeda. I am seriously pissed off at EA right now.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Blame EA all you want, Bioware made the game and they didn't make it well

EA confirm Mass Effect Andromeda to be a failed game. Bioware studio responsible demoted.

PC Gamer: Report: Mass Effect on hiatus, BioWare Montreal transitioning to a support studio

Welp, we can no longer complain that the quality of ME:A doesn't match a triple-A game because it was made by a "support studio" anyway.

I guess this game is like Alien: Colonial Marines and will go down in history like that game. A "Bioware" (Gearbox) production but actually made by a support studio (Check Six Games).

RIP autistic SJWs, you deserved it.

Please post productively. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-05-11 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    I love the game, and no, anyone who dislikes it is not "an evil hater".

And don't twist my words. Its not like my main motivator to play it is a sequel.

As I said before, I don't feel very motivated to finish it, now that I know the franchise has been put in a coma.

Imagine you're starting to read the Harry Potter books, you're half way through the first one, you're loving it, but you also know it wont wrap up every single plot thread as this is intended to be a multi-book franchise. But then as you're 60% done with the book, suddenly the author died. There wont be any more harry potter books coming. Your motivation to keep going is gonna feel diminished, because you know you're gonna get an incomplete story that will not be wrapped up.

That's how I feel about Andromeda. I am seriously pissed off at EA right now.
    The game wraps itself up fairly nicely, there's obvious potential for more afterwards. But the story certainly "finishes" without a cliff hanger that forces you to eagerly wait for years. Just a few potential events.

Certainly worth finishing.

I just hope we can at least get a dlc that has us helping the Quarian ark and finding out who killed Jien Garson, these two things feel like they would have the most impact on the current game while everything else feels like it would be best handled in a sequel that will hopefully happen at some point in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    This might actually be a good thing, let them focus now on the next Dragon Age game now instead of spreading too thin, ending up by having to spend months releasing patches to fix the monstrosity that some of those animations were =/
    Dragon Age is on hold too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Blame EA all you want, Bioware made the game and they didn't make it well
    I'm still gonna blame EA. They could choose to simply NOT freeze the franchise for no fucking reason. But they did anyways.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    I'm still gonna blame EA. They could choose to simply NOT freeze the franchise for no fucking reason. But they did anyways.
    Someone said that with the new Star Wars movies being the hot thing now and EA having the Disney license to make SW games, they don't want another sci-fi game of their own to compete with SW. Most of the Bioware manpower is being redirected to either some kind of SW RPG or that Destiny-type game.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Would they still need a full staff to work on DLC's for ME:A? For me it seems logical to move some of the manpower to other games that are in their infancy. Despite all the bugs that has been listed, I have not encountered any in my 120+ hours of playing it (Anecdotal).
    Last edited by karumayu; 2017-05-11 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by karumayu View Post
    Would they still need a full staff to work on DLC's for ME:A?
    Yeah, which means that DLC has beem cancelled too.

Bioware Montreal is dead now. If tjeir Destiny clone flops, Edmonton will suffer too and Bioware as a whole will join Bullfrog, Westwood and Maxis on the garbage heap where EA throws its gutted studios.

^ That is a bit of heavy doom and gloom for an article that cites no sources other than vague known associates and blowing the usual downsizing after a full game launch to be something severe. Nor EA or BW have released any statements regarding no furture DLCs for the game (At least to my knowledge and some searching around in the internet).

Also Bioware joining other studios such s Bullfrog have been posted many times since the release of DA 2 and it still haven't happened.
    Last edited by karumayu; 2017-05-11 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by karumayu View Post
    ^ That is a bit of heavy doom and gloom for an article that cites no sources other than vague known associates and blowing the usual downsizing after a full game launch to be something severe. Nor EA or BW have released any statements regarding no furture DLCs for the game (At least to my knowledge and some searching around in the internet).

Also Bioware joining other studios such s Bullfrog have been posted many times since the release of DA 2 and it still haven't happened.
    Normal post-launch downsizings don't come with "Yeah we won't be making games to this IP in the future anymore."

I wonder if they'll still update the multiplayer, it's kind of a broken mess now.

Andromeda was way better than ME3 thats for sure. Bioware has done some strange stuff ME 3 and Dragon age 2 worst games ever
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I wonder if they'll still update the multiplayer, it's kind of a broken mess now.
    You haven't played since the patch have you?

Too bad I had a blast playing the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well ME:A was last chance for Bioware to reedem themselves to fans, but EA as allways destroyed everything... You know what reminds me that current situation? Gothic 3 release, since it was as well buggy until fans maked an community patch to fix it. If not Jowood rushed Piranha Bytes to release Gothic 3, things might look diffrent like.

Forseaken Gods, Arcania, Fall Of Setariff, Risen and Elex never happends, or Risen and Elex might happend but much later.

A shame really, EA destroyed allready Westwood, Bullfrog, Maxis and Pandemic. So who will left making for EA games? DICE, EA Motion, EA Sports and guys who making new NFS?

10+ Year Old Account
    Really liking the multiplayer changes so far! Granted, I feel like they overdid the ability buffs, and my Asari Adept now 1-shots regular enemies with combos. But it is nice that now abilities actually matter and you no longer run with Vanquisher, no matter what class you are, and focus on sniping enemies.

Not sure about the weapons though. The non-sniper rifle weapons were buffed, but Assault Rifles and Shotguns still feel kinda weak. My Krogan Mercenary with Thokin III had a laughable DPS, and Shotguns do not seem impressive either. Pistols/SMGs are pretty good though: Hornet is an absolute beast now with 2.5x the damage it had in the past, and Ushior I just luckily got off a Premium Pack 2-shots Anointed's shields and almost 1-headshots the Chosen.

---

Thanks for reading. Now you can go back to the usual whining.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Andromeda was way better than ME3 thats for sure. Bioware has done some strange stuff ME 3 and Dragon age 2 worst games ever
    It's inferior to ME3 in just about every way except graphics. It's also optimised like shit. I can play Witcher 3 with graphic mods on just fine and ME:A, despite looking much worse, runs pretty bad.

You could argue ME:A's combat is better but the retarded AI makes me disagree even with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Dragon Age is on hold too.
    source?

All I've read is that they have reallocated staff, like companies normally do after a full release.