Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    A Widowmaker doing what Janz said on offense on maps like King's Row means you almost always cap the fight unless everyone else is imcompetent and don't know how to capitalize, which is where you should be picking her, I don't think anyone is going to argue her viability on KotH.

Also a Winston jumping a Widowmaker means he's also away from the point which means Widowmaker just took a ton of pressure away from your squad which should also help with capping.
    Exactly. That first pick is THE most important kill in the entire fight, and if a Widowmaker can pull it off, it's not a bad pick. Also for a Winston to counter a good Widowmaker, he actually needs to use 2 leaps and like 10+ seconds to chase her. That's 10+ seconds Widow can actually still use to get few shots off, while Winston is 100% useless.

But anyway, I'm getting a feeling that woozie21 is actually more interested in trying to flame Jessicka and his/her ability to play Widowmaker than give any real thought to this, as pathetic as that sounds like, so there's probably not much point in even trying to explain these things to him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Again, I don't mind good Widow's. I am just saying that 99% of the Widow's aren't good. They are shit, burdens for the team and overall just selfish players that make their team lose because they want to play the "purple hot lady with the big gun".
    So are 99% of the Junkrats, Mccrees, Hanzos, Genjis, Anas, Bastions, Torbjörns, Pharahs, Mercys and Tracers. I don't see why you'd need to have some kind of special vendetta against Widowmaker players. I'd rather have a Widowmaker "main" play that Widowmaker any day over say Genji or Hanzo if he/she is not comfortable playing those.

- - - Updated - - -

That Winston will kill the Widow within seconds then just jump back. The most she has done is bought the team a 5 second window were the fight was 5v5 before it was turned into a 5v6 with a winston with 50% ult charge being back in the fight.
    That Winston jumps on Widow. Widow possibly still shoots couple shots. Then she hooks to a nearby health pack, boom full health. She takes couple more shots. Winston jumps again and possibly after that second jump finally managed to kill Widow. During that time Widow can have easily have gotten another pick, or hell even killed the Winston if Winston was stupid enough to just chase her instead of hiding after first jump.

Not to mention the Ana in Widowmaker's team has probably slept Winston anyway at this point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Exactly. That first pick is THE most important kill in the entire fight, and if a Widowmaker can pull it off, it's not a bad pick. Also for a Winston to counter a good Widowmaker, he actually needs to use 2 leaps and like 10+ seconds to chase her. That's 10+ seconds Widow can actually still use to get few shots off, while Winston is 100% useless.

But anyway, I'm getting a feeling that woozie21 is actually more interested in trying to flame Jessicka and his/her ability to play Widowmaker than give any real thought to this, as pathetic as that sounds like, so there's probably not much point in even trying to explain these things to him.

- - - Updated - - -

So are 99% of the Junkrats, Mccrees, Hanzos, Genjis, Anas, Bastions, Torbjörns, Pharahs, Mercys and Tracers. I don't see why you'd need to have some kind of special vendetta against Widowmaker players. I'd rather have a Widowmaker "main" play that Widowmaker any day over say Genji or Hanzo if he/she is not comfortable playing those.

- - - Updated - - -

That Winston jumps on Widow. Widow possibly still shoots couple shots. Then she hooks to a nearby health pack, boom full health. She takes couple more shots. Winston jumps again and possibly after that second jump finally managed to kill Widow. During that time Widow can have easily have gotten another pick, or hell even killed the Winston if Winston was stupid enough to just chase her instead of hiding after first jump.

Not to mention the Ana in Widowmaker's team has probably slept Winston anyway at this point.
    I'm not flaming him, I am using him as an example of why people dislike Widowmakers & Hanzo's in leagues I am in (plat, getting to diamond slowly).
    You're also saying so do 99% of the other champs but they don't.
    Everyone can play a Soldier to a decent level, it has a much lower skill cap and you can almost always be useful. That just isn't the case for Widow's & Hanzo's to a degree.
    Widow's/Hanzo's in Silver/Gold/Plat (I started Comp this season and got placed in Silver and climbed to Plat. I am now 2873 I think which is half way to Diamond) are just not good players and when one is picked it usually means a loss for that team. Its not difficult to understand.
    In my 32 hours of Comp this season I met 1 good sniper player that really turned team fights for us. 1 out of 10's/100's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im gettin pretty good with Winston.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Im gettin pretty good with Winston.
    Same, close to 60% win rate thanks to all the shitty snipers out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same, close to 60% win rate thanks to all the shitty snipers out there.
    SO many of them in quick play lol. Since I am doing finals i've been away from comp.

Deleted
    SO many of them in quick play lol. Since I am doing finals i've been away from comp.
    It's the same in comp.
    Every other game you get a sniper in one of the teams, 99% of the time they refuse to switch or do anything and 99% of the time the team the sniper is on is the losing team .
    Can't get away from them.
    Even in 3v3 arcade there is a sniper on one of the teams every game.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the same in comp.
    Every other game you get a sniper in one of the teams, 99% of the time they refuse to switch or do anything and 99% of the time the team the sniper is on is the losing team .
    Can't get away from them.
    Even in 3v3 arcade there is a sniper on one of the teams every game.
    They wanna provve they are not the 99% lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Playing Tracer all the way and loving her more!
    - says Ralph

I have just learned there is a phone app that i will tell you who counters who and all that stuff
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    I have just learned there is a phone app that i will tell you who counters who and all that stuff
    Take a lot of that stuff with a grain of salt.

Deleted
    Solo q'd Zen from 2500 to 2997... Ofc I join 3 games in a row with someone running "new meta" hanzo.. Get smashed, they refuse to swap, despite killing nothing.. Drop to 2900... Le sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by Draex View Post
    Solo q'd Zen from 2500 to 2997... Ofc I join 3 games in a row with someone running "new meta" hanzo.. Get smashed, they refuse to swap, despite killing nothing.. Drop to 2900... Le sigh...
    Still means you're going up right, 100 more to go and you're in Diamond, well done.

20 points off platinum now. Thought I'd get it after the previous game but it ended in a draw, was a pretty intense game. Never seen it be so even between the teams, usually it's one-sided stomps.

- - - Updated - - -

Platinum now.

Deleted
    Had a rather strange game on Hanamura, both teams had a Widowmaker throughout the entire game, and both Widowmaker's seemed to only want to kill each other. Basically felt like a 5v5, if they hadn't had a Widowmaker we would probably have lost big time. As it was, our five managed to coordinate much better than their five, and we took both points fairly quickly and held on the second point for 6 minutes and 30 seconds not letting them through.
    Last edited by mmocf8e5b938a8; 2017-05-12 at 10:10 AM.

Deleted
    So, you basically first won 15 games against those "new meta" Hanzos (Surely the wins were purely your skill though, not opponent teams having such players) but after losing 3 with them in YOUR team, it's worth mentioning.

Deleted
    So, you basically first won 15 games against those "new meta" Hanzos (Surely the wins were purely your skill though, not opponent teams having such players) but after losing 3 with them in YOUR team, it's worth mentioning.
    I didn't say I went up linearly I.e. Winning every game in a row, in fact generally I'd win 3 or 4 games then get matched with a total joke team (usually some boosted gold guy Insta locking widow/genji and being terrible) and losing so missing out on the bonus points.

My point was I was 2993 before the patch, played 3 games after and ran into Hanzo players who were terrible. Not played since, due to exams.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Had a rather strange game on Hanamura, both teams had a Widowmaker throughout the entire game, and both Widowmaker's seemed to only want to kill each other.
    It's actually very important to deal with the opponents Widowmaker in that case. If you start to shoot at their "ground troops" there is a very real chance the other Widowmaker will take that opportunity to take you out, making it 5vs6.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't say I went up linearly I.e. Winning every game in a row, in fact generally I'd win 3 or 4 games then get matched with a total joke team (usually some boosted gold guy Insta locking widow/genji and being terrible) and losing so missing out on the bonus points.

My point was I was 2993 before the patch, played 3 games after and ran into Hanzo players who were terrible. Not played since, due to exams.
    Yea, I figured that. But still, I'd say you've (Just as everyone else) won just as many games due to those "new meta" Hanzos (Or Junkrat mains, onetrick Torbs, you name it) as you've lost. It's just funny how usually when people complain about it on mmo-champion never think about it that way.

Deleted
    It's actually very important to deal with the opponents Widowmaker in that case. If you start to shoot at their "ground troops" there is a very real chance the other Widowmaker will take that opportunity to take you out, making it 5vs6.
    Perhaps, but neither Widow coordinated with her team and neither had any real impact on the game at all. We capped their points as a group of 5 working and moving together and held the point as a group of 5 sticking together and helping each other out. Both Widowmaker's were off somewhere to the side, not really having much of an effect on anything.

She wasn't even on voice and refused to communicate to anything we said.

10+ Year Old Account
    A good widow can dominate a game

problem is

you need to be a very good widow.

10+ Year Old Account
    A good widow can dominate a game

problem is

you need to be a very good widow.
    And/or playing against vastly inferior players. Which won't last long, because MMR. This is why people think that she falls short, realistically, SR for SR, she'll have as much impact as any other hero, but ends up so rarely meeting the expectation that she 'should' dominate.