Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    And if they've taught ME anything its that anything these targeted politicians offer up as a rebuttal to our misconstrued arguments can be challenged and denied.

if she was the politician having a long lasting relationship with a former 15 year old she wouldnt have a carrier by now

The "issue" is that they had a student-teacher relationship when he was young, underage, impressionable, and may not have been able to say "no" to an authority figure's advances.

Same reason why teachers always get thrown in jail for relationships with their underage-students.
    they use their role as an authority figure to make (sexual)advances on their less-developed students.

We don't know if they engaged in sexual activities when he was 15. But the fact that she turned from Mentor-of-child to Sexual-partner-of-child is a little off putting.

If it were a college professor who eventually married her student, at least the student would have been of legal and consensual age.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    if she was the politician having a long lasting relationship with a former 15 year old she wouldnt have a carrier by now
    Isn't every politicians spouse a former 15 year old!?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by revize View Post
    The "issue" is that they had a student-teacher relationship when he was young, underage, impressionable, and may not have been able to say "no" to an authority figure's advances.

Same reason why teachers always get thrown in jail for relationships with their underage-students.
    they use their role as an authority figure to make (sexual)advances on their less-developed students.

We don't know if they engaged in sexual activities when he was 15. But the fact that she turned from Mentor-of-child to Sexual-partner-of-child is a little off putting.

If it were a college professor who eventually married her student, at least the student would have been of legal and consensual age.
    Except they didn't. They started their relation (on Macron impulse) years after not when he was underage.
    It is not guilty until proven innocent, it is not the way it works.

Accusing someone of pedophilia without any evidence is something terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Le Pen stood for these values which made her in part likeable by folk who'd otherwise reject her other notions. Macron supposedly had opposing views on this and his opponents didn't go for his views, no, they went straight for him.
    Upbringing in a home where the holocaust was questioned, upbringing politically where opposing candidates were denounced as being jewish pawns.
    Are you sure you want to make that argument as a german?

Don't worry i'm not just going to make this about them being third Reich sympathizers, there's more.

Le Pen accused others of being corrupt, under investigation herself.
    Le Pen accused others of not putting country first, obeys the Kremlin party line when it comes to protecting national interests before Russian ones.
    Le Pen supports Bashir Assad handling of the war in Syria. Supporting a person who commits war crimes buit it's okay most targets are muslims so who cares right it's not like her base views them as anything more than subhuman.
    Le Pen accuses others of not being able to lead, has no detailed party plan other than "brown people are bad, islam is bad!" Ironically, no plan how to actually deal with it, unlike what the centrum right parties in the EU do have.
    Le Pen calls out others on not having enough control of their borders, conveniently ignores all the changes that happened over the last years as a result of the immigration crisis, what means countries very much have control of their borders, very much have control about immigration since for the simple reason THERE IS NO FUCKING EU WIDE IMMIGRATION POLICY. Yet claims the EU is forcing them to do immigration a certain way.

So great values there, Great culture traditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    A straight gerontophile complains about homophobia? Wuuuuuuuuut?
    You think because hes not gay he can't critize homophobia? interesting...

and who, but french rightwing loosers and tabloit reader care about his wife?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    ya, it's weird, anything beyond the normal age differential between a mom/child seems awkward, but I guess in politics marrying up in age can be good for the career of a young politician, especially if he or she is marrying into wealth with connections.
    implying its normal to get kids when you're 20...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You seem so certain, I presume you have pictures. If yes, I'd be very interested!
    Reminds me of people pointing out to something between his teeth to state he uses meth. The combined intellect of these people..

Jennifer Aniston is 26 years older than me but I'd still do her... lul... good on the guy. Although the whole.. being 15.. teacher.. married woman thing complicates a bit. However, that was a while ago and they are happy now so who cares.

not really sure how is it fine for an adult teacher to have relationship with her 15 year old student...
    there are many cases where such acts sent the teacher straight to jail, with applause from conservatives AND liberals.

so how come this is different?
    why do liberals suddenly think it's okay?

i really don't get it.
    probably they hate La Pen more than they care about morals or law...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    Isn't every politicians spouse a former 15 year old!?
    Rumor has it, that's the case.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Not sure what his wife has to do with politics at all. Media's gonna media.
    Pretty much. I really don't understand why (some) people care so much about this - they are both adults at this point, and as long as they are happy with each other, good on them I suppose. Plus, the general age of consent in France is 15. The fact that she was his teacher does make it somewhat problematic, but otherwise, it's not really that exceedingly alarming.

But then again, the media and crowd also had an obsession with Melania, so I guess that was to be expected.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-05-11 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7725441.html

It really is terrible how the media and many observers are obsessing over his wife. Is this where we are heading?
    his age spread is not the problem, it's the fact she was his high school teacher that is creepy, he basically married the pedophile that abused him.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a 23 year age difference between Trump and his wife, and nobody bats an eye.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    his age spread is not the problem, it's the fact she was his high school teacher that is creepy, he basically married the pedophile that abused him.
    Once again they never had a relationship when he was in highschool.
    It started when he was 20 and it is not a problem but accusing someone of being a pedophile and a child abuser without a single clue is a problem, isn't it independent voter ?

But I guess no argument will prevent an angry mob with forks to burn the witch.
    Last edited by mmoc1ec7205cd1; 2017-05-11 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    *Tilts head*

That's some damn strong projection he's going going on there.
    Dunno his point is legitimate. People are either telling him hes an homosexual as if it was an insult. And yes it is an ungoing double standard that if his age was reversed with his wife the topic would never even come up period, not even as an insult to his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by sevenspleenz View Post
    yea not sure how the homophobia aspect of this plays in
    They smeared him with rumors of being gay. As if there's something wrong with being gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The article doesn't say they had a romantic/sexual relationship when he was 15.
    Of course not why would they admit the crime. You guys can be naive if you want but we know better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    They smeared him with rumors of being gay. As if there's something wrong with being gay.
    But that would be about him, not about his relationship with his pedophile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Of course not why would they admit the crime. You guys can be naive if you want but we know better.

- - - Updated - - -

But that would be about him, not about his relationship with his pedophile.
    Weren't you one of those types claiming in that other thread that people are innocent till proven guilty?