Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

ToS - ranged or melee?

Hey guys,

This is a question for PTR people(or people who have been reading up on mechanics):

NH was a melee raid. How is ToS going to be?

What do you expect?

I expect nothing more than nh 2.0 where melee sit on target dummy doing 2M dps while afking and ranged have to deal with all shitty mechanics
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    I expect nothing more than nh 2.0 where melee sit on target dummy doing 2M dps while afking and ranged have to deal with all shitty mechanics
    can't recall any encounters in this game like that

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    Admittedly, in mythic, even the melees had to do a couple of mechanics

NH was a melee raid if your purpose is to tunnel the boss. You had to have enough ranged to take care of tactics, otherwise melee would have to leave the boss and do 0 dps to do them.

Same here. Considering ptr changes at the moment, as well as overall melee gratification in lolgion, I expect the dps difference between ranged and melee to grow even further in ToS.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    can't recall any encounters in this game like that
    Don't worry, it's just ranged being salty that for the first tier ever, melee are actually preferred. After over a decade of "bring rogues to counter mechanics, bench as many melee as your roster allows in favor of ranged" it must be strange.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Well, i remember melees complaining about the same all these past years. For once the opposite happens and u cry ? lul

It's terrible people think just because ranged do slightly less damage while dealing with mechanics that they're useless. Ranged are good at doing SOME damage while doing mechanics. Melee can also do ranged mechanics (like soaking bonds on guldan) but do zero damage while doing them.

You should take pride in being able to dish out some damage and doing mechanics that help your raid as well. Raiding isn't about "me top deepz hurr durr" it's about downing bosses and stopping the legion (this tier)

Deleted
    Alright guys.

Can we please get some knowledge about ToS instead?

Ive been looking at Fatboss, just to get any idea.

It seems like ranged are doing lot of Zakuun a like work(stack and run away), losing some DPS(atleast in one of the bosses). Where the other one is like everybody stacks at X, while melee is glued(which also expected to be a DPS loss as ranged). No idea about the average fight thou.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2017-05-11 at 08:53 AM.

Deleted
    Oh noes poor ranged players, they have such a hard time on NH Meanwhile affliction warlocks and frost mages are topping the charts, with demonology being close:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...5&difficulty=4

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#dataset=95

Even if you look at "worse" (80th percentile parses), Frost and Afflock dominate both in heroic and mythic. We finally have balanced raid comps, in which you can bring more than 3 melee dps for 11-12 range! That's fucking great for the diversity of the game imho. And if you can't compete with melee while playing ranged, you either play a suboptimal spec (like arcane mage), use some lame excuses, or you are terribly unlucky every time (like getting targeted by every orb on Krosus, every fel shit on Etraeus, etc). I still wait to see global logs in which melee totally dominate ranged for the entirety of the raid, regardless of the fights.
    Last edited by mmoc8d916160dc; 2017-05-11 at 09:37 AM.

Deleted
    As an elemental shaman I support any and all melee nerfs

Quote Originally Posted by Jamandbread View Post
    Asking for nerfs of your own raid members is beyond stupid though. You should ask for buffs and return of at least some mobility as a ranged, not for melee nerfs.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Why do you all care about the fucking dmg so much ? Its the fun / gameplay that bothers me as a meele. Most of the bosses in NH, even in mythic, are a snore fest as a meele. 0 motivation of playing them for me anymore. thats why i'm rerolling to range in ToS. i want something to do and not to be in front of a training boss dummy.

8/10M noob

Quote Originally Posted by prinnybomb View Post
    Why do you all care about the fucking dmg so much ? Its the fun / gameplay that bothers me as a meele. Most of the bosses in NH, even in mythic, are a snore fest as a meele. 0 motivation of playing them for me anymore. thats why i'm rerolling to range in ToS. i want something to do and not to be in front of a training boss dummy.

8/10M noob
    you got any ideas how to swarm melee with mechanics, that would be actually fun and wouldnt force them out of melee range constantly? the second you force stuff like icy ejections or frost marks constantly on melee players is the second melee are second class raiders yet again.

Melee have to do a few mechanics in nighthold...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    you got any ideas how to swarm melee with mechanics, that would be actually fun and wouldnt force them out of melee range constantly? the second you force stuff like icy ejections or frost marks constantly on melee players is the second melee are second class raiders yet again.
    More dance-y stuff like on Krosus with the beams(although the beams being predetermined obviously ruins it). You're right though, it is pretty hard to make melee mechanics that don't just end up with "bench all melee, it's not worth the hassle"
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Regardless I'm stuck as ranged (Ele Shaman).

We have Heroic on farm (can't find 20 to do Mythic) and this week we only had 3 ranged in our raid, and 8 demon hunters. Admittedly, people are gearing up alts atm, but I don't expect it to change drastically in ToS.

The game really need another ranged spec.

Quote Originally Posted by furiousferret View Post
    Regardless I'm stuck as ranged (Ele Shaman).

We have Heroic on farm (can't find 20 to do Mythic) and this week we only had 3 ranged in our raid, and 8 demon hunters. Admittedly, people are gearing up alts atm, but I don't expect it to change drastically in ToS.

The game really need another ranged spec.
    Or developers need to make ranged fun to play again, glass cannon is quite dull in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Jamandbread View Post
    It's not their fault you play a lame spec with zero mobility outside of a couple of lightning bolts every 45 seconds.