Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rougle View Post
    one day your friends will dlie and all the time you SPENT with him/her wont give you anything, and only memories will be left, maybe some photographs.

See how retarded that sounds.. because that's basically exactly what you replied with to Rorcanna
    That doesn't sound retarded at all because it's a statement of reality, that's what happens. We SPEND time with friends, we dont INVEST time in them, I don't buy my friends, I have friends, I spend time with them and it's time well spent cuz I'm having fun.

I never said that spending time is bad, in game or not makes no difference, so long as you are having fun that's all that matters. It's still spending time, not investing. Investing makes it sound like you expect to get something back in the end like "yo blizz I invested 9 years in your game, please give me something back for investing so much into this". No, you are supposed to have fun while spending time in he game they made and you decided to buy.

It's just not an investment.
    Last edited by Swalload; 2017-05-11 at 02:22 PM.

If they force us into a naked dance party with cat people. That's where I draw the line.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

[QUOTE=Ishayu;45682755]Selling gear on the store. That'd definitely be the end for me. Transmogs and mounts almost got me, but if I could buy T20 in the store I'd ragequit and never look back.[/QUOTE

really?
    open your eyes they are already doing this
    buying gold which buys boosts.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    If.. big if... they keep the legendary system as it is today in the next expac.. I am out. Sick of being underpowered in a raid guild purely due to RNG

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    You mean like how they allow you to buy tokens with IRL money that you can then sell for gold, which can then be used to get mythic BoEs and crafted legendaries?
    Invaild because you have always been able to do this. Gold selling has always been in the game, People have always done it and still will do it. Bringing this logic up because there are WoW Tokens now is just nitpicking at the bone and ammo-digging. Back in VAN when i hit my 1st level 40 i used a gold site to buy 500g for my 1st mount training. What it boils down to is simple - If people have more money than time or have no sence and want to spend thier last on pixels its really none of your or my bussiness. If your getting jelly because someone "bought" there self "ahead" then.....holy shit lol

Now as for on topic

1. Removing Moonkin Form
    2. WoW 2
    3. Removing LFR ( Dont get me started )
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

It's never just that one thing

P2W and W2(only if they do not give all titles/pets/achievements/mounts/transmits/name) it would work your father/grandfather is you now or if your an elf u. Make a story.
    Temp is if they Maj another WoD/MoP expansion I will quit till next expansion.

I usually wind up taking a break sometimes after the final raid, because that time between then and the next expansion takes forever. One day, I imagine I might just not come back after that time.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    Selling gear on the store. That'd definitely be the end for me. Transmogs and mounts almost got me, but if I could buy T20 in the store I'd ragequit and never look back.
    Tbh, I dont get your point.
    You earned your gear thru raiding, why do you care if someone else bought it?
    You had the joy of killing boss with your friends, you had fun, hard times also. Another guy just bought it and now what, he can just unsub waiting for another tier, with no sweet memories of raiding days.
    Journey to the goal is always more rewarding than goal itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Considering their affinity for doing 180's, it wouldn't surprise me if the next expansion is indeed back to WoD-form to cater to the tards wanting an MMORPG to function like a single-player game...
    Why do you have to insult people who like playing the game differently than you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by j0ust View Post
    If you honestly can't see the difference between:

i) buying a WoW token and spending the gold proceeds on badly itemised World Quest Legiondaries and random BoEs (you can't fully gear all slots off the AH, by the way)

and

ii) paying real dollah on the Blizzard Store for the highest itemlevel gear (including tier and trinkets) then it's certainly a waste of time discussing anything with you.

Here's a hint, though: the former doesn't get you anything but an itemlevel bump (and the probable derision of anyone who bothers to inspect you); the latter would mean Blizzard effectively making all pve content completely irrelevant .

Glad to have cleared that up for you, champ.
    There are differences in details, but the differences are irrelevant to the end result. The end result is "people can buy legendaries with real money". Case closed.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    There are differences in details, but the differences are irrelevant to the end result. The end result is "people can buy legendaries with real money". Case closed.
    Try again, what you can buy from the AH will not give you a huge advantage and is far from being P2W.

Pay to Win means being able to buy the best of everything for your character, without having to enter a raid, dungeon or PVP zone that gives you a massive advantage over other players. And right now WoW is nowhere near that and never has been.

A good example of Pay to Win games.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...89&postcount=1

And many, many more..

Just a little link http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...-to-win&page=1

"pay-to-win
    Pay to win means, for $$$ you can by power ups which are not available in game any other way. I
    If these items can not be obtained in anyway that does not involve money, and they are essential to winning, then the game is pay-to-win.."

Anyway on topic, for me it would be if WoW ever went P2W..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2017-05-11 at 04:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gear on the Cash shop.
    As a collector (Mounts etc) it's not fun that, if you want to have a full collection, you have to spend money on things to get there.
    It's optional I understand, but for collector's nothing is optional.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

why are so many people out if there is a WoW2, how would it be different from literally any other expansion? New expansion comes out and you basically start all over anyways.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mahesvara View Post
    why are so many people out if there is a WoW2, how would it be different from literally any other expansion? New expansion comes out and you basically start all over anyways.
    a wow 2 isnt just like another expansion.

it would be a completely new game, with new engine and what not, just set in warcraft again.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    That doesn't sound retarded at all because it's a statement of reality, that's what happens. We SPEND time with friends, we dont INVEST time in them, I don't buy my friends, I have friends, I spend time with them and it's time well spent cuz I'm having fun.

I never said that spending time is bad, in game or not makes no difference, so long as you are having fun that's all that matters. It's still spending time, not investing. Investing makes it sound like you expect to get something back in the end like "yo blizz I invested 9 years in your game, please give me something back for investing so much into this". No, you are supposed to have fun while spending time in he game they made and you decided to buy.

It's just not an investment.
    but you are investing in the game though.. by paying a monthly fee thanks for proving my point

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Tbh, I dont get your point.
    You earned your gear thru raiding, why do you care if someone else bought it?
    You had the joy of killing boss with your friends, you had fun, hard times also. Another guy just bought it and now what, he can just unsub waiting for another tier, with no sweet memories of raiding days.
    Journey to the goal is always more rewarding than goal itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you have to insult people who like playing the game differently than you?
    Playing the game differently =/= expecting it to be catered ALL around you to the detriment of everyone else's enjoyment and reasons for playing.

If you feel targeted, too fucking bad.

If stats and classes get any more dumbed down, that will likely be it for me.

but you are investing in the game though.. by paying a monthly fee thanks for proving my point
    Do you invest in candies by buying them? No, you spend money on candy to eat them, they provide you satisfaction the moment you eat them and you may have good memories of eating something that tastes good but in the end you don't get a return on your investment. You spend to consume, you invest to make profit back.

You will not make profit or benefit from the time you spend on WoW beside the fun you get in the moment while consuming it, so it's not an investment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spagetto View Post
    Let's say you're a wealthy fucker, you buy 50 tokens and use the exorbitant amount of gold you receive to buy a Mythic Nighthold carry run. In one day you can have 4 piece Mythic tier 19 and BiS trinkets on your character that doesn't even have the 3rd relic slot unlocked. Blizzard sells you the token, which you sell for gold to purchase carries.

It's P2W but with a couple more steps than your standard P2W system.
    Aside from the fact that all of that is obtainable in game, 50 tokens is $1000. EVEN IF we stipulate that is P2W, it's hardly a reasonable case. P2W almost always means something that most people could do - $20 for a weapon that you cannot get in game (or cannot get without hundreds of hours of time invested).

Deleted
    I believe they said that the apperances were going to be kept, but the ability to transmog would be removed ?
    Yea... not entirely sure