Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

New Races: Ogre (H) and Vrykul (A) - All the reasons why this should happen!

Okay so, let me tell you first that i am always, and i mean ALWAYS, hoping for new races to be playable in wow. Because i really think that one of the many strong points for wow are just the amount, and the diversity in the playable races.
    The history behind them, and the new stories that Blizz decide to go with for these races and how they all tie up in the main storyline is also very intriguing to me.
    Now let's get into the real stuff: Why Ogres, Why Vrykuls.
    (sorry if my english is not perfect)

-----------------------------

Well it should not come as a surprise that i want Ogres in the Horde, They just NEEDS to be there, just like the goblins needed it. Now we got the Goblins and the Goblins were already a big part in the Warcraft Universe, but so are the Ogres. Over time and expecially in Draenor we finally got to see some kick ass Ogres and got to see how vicious and ruthless they can be. But it's not only that, we got to see one sick twisted Ogre in Cho'Gall during Cataclysm and that was great, not to mention Rexxar (half ogre, but still we need to see more of him).
    Ogres are also a lot comical when they want, and i know you all want to see that Goblin-Ogre relatioship at it's best. But it would be interesting to see them interact with all the others Horde races as well.
    Now in all seriousness i thought Draenor was the perfect expansion to put Ogres in the Horde just based on how influencial they were there. But nope. So in Legion we got Demon hunter and all is great for now but still it's 2 exps that we don't get any new races.

So now with the Demon hunter we saw that Blizz can put more effort into the customization of your character and this is important to the Ogres. Why? Because you really want to play that 2 headed Ogre-mage don't you? I certainly would.

SO here is the deal:
    The playable classes for Ogres to me should be:
    Warrior, Priest, Mage, Warlock, Hunter, Shaman, Death Knight, (and maybe Monk... i know it's weird).

So if i'm not mistaken usually Melee, or warrior Ogres have 1 head, while the one that practice magic arts needs 2.
    This could go in a number of ways in creating the character, but i suggest that you should be able to have the options to have 1 or 2 heads, and to customize the 2 heads differently (hair, facial traits etc,). Then if you have a piece of gear on you it should visually replicate on the other head as well. Same if you hide it.

Racial Leader: Rexxar. I don't care about anything, put fking Rexxar in the Horde.

--------------

Alliance. Ohhh good old Alliance. Up until this expansion i always thought alliance kinda got the short end of the stick with what was going on overall. But it's hard to think about a new race to join the alliance right? I just think the Vrykul are perfect. Like literally they should be in the Alliance NOW.

Now, we saw the Vrykuls back in Wrath (and they were mainly bad guys), but now we saw AN ENTIRE zone about them, with 2 dungeons all about them, and a raid all about them. I mean i never saw a race pushed hard as these guys. And for good reasons!
    Finally Wow got his giant humanoid viking inspired race in the spotlight, and i freaking love them. They are indeed a bit stereotypical but not in a bad way, they are just good.
    Now, there is not better time then to put a Vrykul as playable in Alliance then after this expansion. and when you think about it, every fantasy genre has his type of Giant dudes, like every fantasy has some type of elves, humans, orcs and dwarves. WoW was lacking that.
    We saw more about Odyn and all that good stuff that ties with them (and not only them, it ties with the whole WoW roster).

Now For the Vrykuls i would have these classes:
    Warrior (you can argue Fury warriors Vrykul would be the perfect match for that spec), Druid, Priest, Warlock, Monk, Death knights (can you imagine this? Frost Dk Vrykul yes please), Hunter, Shaman, Maybe Mage, Rogues (!), aaaaaand.... Paladin.

There are a few controversial ones so let me explain:
    Druids: I think it's pretty clear we saw a side of the Vrykul we didn't see before. Their connection with their territory is not to be underestimated. And for god sake i took quests directly from a talking Tree! Joking aside i think it may be head scratching at first, but it would end up in a great match just like when Troll Druids were announced.

Monks: I can certainly see like a vagabond, lone wolf feel in some of the Vrykuls and that would lead to an inclusion of this class. And i think that Druids and Monks kinda goes hand in hand. (AND STILL NO PANDAREN DRUIDS GJ BLIZZ)

Mage: This is 50%. I honestly don't see Vrykuls mastering the arcane magics, as i see them more as Warlocks, but honestly the mage is a pretty basic concept and almost anyone in the wow unvierse could become a mage (exept Taurens. Don't even think about it blizz) and a Frost or even Fire mage Vrykul would be cool as hell for sure.

Rogues: You definetly usually do not see Massive characters being usually stealthy guys, but with Vrykuls is different. Not only we already saw how good of pirates they are (Outlaw Vrykul yes pls), But they definetly can be those shady poison mastering types of dudes as well. And honestly i feel it's a good match

And finally Paladin: Well this is hard to explain. Remember when they (sadly) allowed Taurens to be Paladins? that sucked because there was no evidence in game whatsoever that they would be a good match. THey had to come up with stories later that kinda got it right but still, it feels weird.
    With the Vrykul is a totally different story tho. Why? Just take a look at the Halls of Valor dungeon, and tell me if you don't see "paladins" vibes all over that place.
    Not traditional paladins, the ones who use the Light and blah blah blas, but there is something there it tells you "this should happen".
    I see the Paladins Vrykul more like warriors that use the holy powers of Odyn in battle.

Put some kick-ass Vrykul as racial leader and you're good to go.
    I would love to see as customization options tatoos as well.

-------------

Now after that wall of text, i would really want to see your opinion on this. Please eel free to add your thouhgts (i may be missing something!) but give constructive criticism.

Those 2 races are a bit tall wouldnt you say? Blizz would have to redesign every doorway to accommodate them!

To be honest I don't really get the clamour for the Vrykul as a playable race. Are they really that distinctive from humans.

Deleted
    I honestly couldnt think of anything worse then an Ogre for the horde...ugly as hell and to have the main city full of them FKKKK THAAAAAAT..

Also Vrykul.. i'm sick and tired of the Alliance having all the 'normal' looking races...why do you think Blood Elves are the most played Horde Race?

The horde needs to loose this typical enemy style to it! Both sides are good and evil!! bring balance to the races and give Horde a race more humanized instead of massive fat cows and rotting corpses...

Alliance have fking Ware wolves....think you've had the race love for a while now
    Last edited by mmoc157db6de0e; 2017-05-11 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    To be honest I don't really get the clamour for the Vrykul as a playable race. Are they really that distinctive from humans.

Can barely tell them apart!!

If Vrykul became available, every single human character I have that could, would be one.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-05-11 at 03:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bgdfahrq View Post
    Those 2 races are a bit tall wouldnt you say? Blizz would have to redesign every doorway to accommodate them!
    Aren't Tauren tall, too?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Can barely tell them apart!!

Ones hunchback....with a longer beard...

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Aren't Tauren tall, too?
    not as tall as a ogre

Deleted
    There dfferent sized ogres all over the game, some of them are evne smaller then Taurens! I would just make them as big as Taurens anyway.

We don't need new races, most of the existing ones are barely played as it is. Oh how much hypu there was around goblins and worgens. Now look at the representation

Deleted
    yes i mentioned Vrykul Sham in my post

I'm all for it, but didn't we have a thread about this less than a week ago?

Quote Originally Posted by bgdfahrq View Post
    not as tall as a ogre
    Tauren got shrunk
    They are supposed to be bigger.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    female ogre?
    Was shown in the travel guide book or whatever.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Tauren got shrunk
    They are supposed to be bigger.
    and they still barely can get through most of the doors!

Honestly Horde need Vrykul more than Alliance. Just from a stand point of population, Vrykul would be a more popular addition than Ogre's, and bring more people to the Horde side to play. It would help balance population slightly. Also there isn't a real solid lore reason for Vrykul to be Alliance other than Ogre is an easier Horde fit. Although you could say Ogre alliance because they got tired of basically being cannon fodder for the Horde. And lets be real, Alliance needs some ugly. I don't like to play Alliance because all the races are wishywashy cry babies. Worgen are the closest they come to having a race that looks like it would even stand a chance. Drenai are a close second, lately they've been pretty bad ass.

Ogre's being Alliance would get me to play Alliance far more the Vrykul ever could.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    female ogre?
    of course Blizz would have to come up with a female ogre concept, just like they did with orcs,trolls,pandarens etc...

I don't understand why Vrykuls...

We ran the gamut of smaller humans so now we need larger ones? Not Ethereal or Arrakoa, not Jinyu, not even Tuskarr but yet another human for the Alliance?

Vrykul I do not see as a race more sub class for humans. If implemented I would suggest the class be able to go either horde or alliance.
    I just don't see a dk ogre..
    high elves or the other ones.
    Then make red Draenei be able to be horde or alliance.

ogres are fat and stupid, I prefer naga