Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Although one thing I wouldn't enjoy about melee nerfs is the crying, some melee on Star Auger got upset because ranged wouldn't run into the melee clusterfuck with marks and expected their hands to be held

Probably ranged. Melee didn't have to do shit in NH, but that's an exception, not the rule.

Ranged DPS have always had it easier in any raid. Don't think blizzard did a 180 on that just because of one raid.

Deleted
    Too soon to tell.

Deleted
    First raid tier ever to have melee not do every single mechanic and ranged is crying full galore, never change ranged.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    can't recall any encounters in this game like that
    Krosus. Yawn. Took 1 second to figure it out

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Don't worry, it's just ranged being salty that for the first tier ever, melee are actually preferred. After over a decade of "bring rogues to counter mechanics, bench as many melee as your roster allows in favor of ranged" it must be strange.
    Ya it's not like ranged ever had to mage tank, hunter kite, spriest mind control, yawn yawn yawn.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamandbread View Post
    Although one thing I wouldn't enjoy about melee nerfs is the crying, some melee on Star Auger got upset because ranged wouldn't run into the melee clusterfuck with marks and expected their hands to be held
    Why should melee run out? Most if not all ranged have some sort of filler spell or dot they can shove on the boss, melee cant.

Quote Originally Posted by Draugr View Post
    Well, i remember melees complaining about the same all these past years. For once the opposite happens and u cry ? lul
    Thing is, it's not new that melees aren't getting targetted by mechanics.

Since mid Wotlk it's has become rather common that certain abilities do not target melees, before that, Bosses with Chain Lightning or any splash mechanic forced melees to split up in camps and one dumb melee could wipe the entire melee group.

The difference in previous expansions was simply that Ranged were still favored due certain Encounter abilities, for a lot of Nighthold encounters you could only bring as little ranged as possible and have an easier time beating the encounter because only a limited amount of people need to handle mechanics.

In other words, previously Melees were less favored but had an easier time, now melees are favored and still have an easier time, this is the difference now.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Why should melee run out? Most if not all ranged have some sort of filler spell or dot they can shove on the boss, melee cant.
    Ever since they gutted ranged mobility, it's not that easy for every caster.

And the hitbox of the boss is quite large, the dps loss is rather small for any melee as long as the range dps is not standing at max range.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    can't recall any encounters in this game like that
    Then I suggest you give NH a go...

Blizzard need to think like chess, not mousetrap.

We need fights to be harder, not involve us learning dance steps off fatboss videos.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Best melee fight ever created - Will of the Emperor fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Best melee fight ever created - Will of the Emperor fight.
    That was an awful fight for anyone that wasn't an affliction warlock though to be honest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

Since mid Wotlk it's has become rather common that certain abilities do not target melees, before that, Bosses with Chain Lightning or any splash mechanic forced melees to split up in camps and one dumb melee could wipe the entire melee group.

The difference in previous expansions was simply that Ranged were still favored due certain Encounter abilities, for a lot of Nighthold encounters you could only bring as little ranged as possible and have an easier time beating the encounter because only a limited amount of people need to handle mechanics.

In other words, previously Melees were less favored but had an easier time, now melees are favored and still have an easier time, this is the difference now.

And the hitbox of the boss is quite large, the dps loss is rather small for any melee as long as the range dps is not standing at max range.
    It's still easier for a ranged to have an overview on where to run with the WA /say. Ranged is standing at a fixed angle able to see everyone, melee isn't. Most of the time it's ranged standing at max ranged for god knows what reason, crippling the time and both raiders activity to get rid of the debuff

There is only one mechanic that frustrates me as a ranged in NH. Guldan's bonds is the one that pisses me off to no end. Have to break two, and for whatever fucking reason the people with it are never at edge to break that in one step. Always feels like an eternity waiting to get back into range. On top of that, they don't scale with raid size, you get 2 to deal with regardless of raid size.

Other than that, meh been doing range mechanics since swapping to a mage in Cata

It's still easier for a ranged to have an overview on where to run with the WA /say. Ranged is standing at a fixed angle able to see everyone, melee isn't.
    Always found it easier as Melee because you could get a view on both sides, as Ranged you can't exactly see beyond the pile of pixels called the Melee camp.

Also, topdown perspective works a lot of better as Melee because you cover way more people.

Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    There is only one mechanic that frustrates me as a ranged in NH. Guldan's bonds is the one that pisses me off to no end. Have to break two, and for whatever fucking reason the people with it are never at edge to break that in one step. Always feels like an eternity waiting to get back into range. On top of that, they don't scale with raid size, you get 2 to deal with regardless of raid size.

Other than that, meh been doing range mechanics since swapping to a mage in Cata
    their damage scales up with raidsize.

Trilliax frustrates me....eat cake, no damage during beam (can't cast while moving) enjoy the bottom of the meter. As Elemental, the raid doesn't have high expectations for me on that fight, I'm just in NH to clear trash....

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope melees won't have to do any mechanics again. The average melee player can't handle them anyway, leave it to the ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Don't worry, it's just ranged being salty that for the first tier ever, melee are actually preferred. After over a decade of "bring rogues to counter mechanics, bench as many melee as your roster allows in favor of ranged" it must be strange.
    There's a huge difference between being preferred and nearly every fight being a mobile target dummy for melee and that same fight being helter skelter for ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    you got any ideas how to swarm melee with mechanics, that would be actually fun and wouldnt force them out of melee range constantly? the second you force stuff like icy ejections or frost marks constantly on melee players is the second melee are second class raiders yet again.
    How about something that forces melee to get off the boss and attack these crystals or adds that spawn and are immune to magical damage as well as deflecting hunter arrows? Maybe these adds/crystals also injure the boss quite a bit, or they do some nasty mechanic that destroys the raid.

That came off the top of my head, and I'm a random scrub who literally just woke up like 15 minutes ago. I'm sure devs that are probably being overpaid could think of SOMETHING.

OT: Want to do low effort massive DPS? Melee. Want to actually play the game and not be a lazy schlub? Ranged.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post

How about something that forces melee to get off the boss and attack these crystals or adds that spawn and are immune to magical damage as well as deflecting hunter arrows? Maybe these adds/crystals also injure the boss quite a bit, or they do some nasty mechanic that destroys the raid.

That came off the top of my head, and I'm a random scrub who literally just woke up like 15 minutes ago. I'm sure devs that are probably being overpaid could think of SOMETHING.
    you are literally doing the same thing nighthold is doing, expect you would force raids to have bare minimum of melee (for mechanics) and fill the rest with ranged instead of the other way we have now.

and mechanics like that arent "fun" anyway, they are frustrating for ranged, because they cant deal with them and they are furstrating for classes, that have slower ramp-up, like ferals

there is simply very thin line between having good amount of melee mechanics and having melee be second rate raiders due to mechanics. And Im saying that as someone, who has mained ranged for 10 years.

Deleted
    Mechanics that "force" melee to switch off the boss would indeed be great, feels like they are far too spoiled almost demanding that they must always be on boss 100 % of the time...

Melee's thing is being able to deal damage on the move yes? So mechanics with moving targets that can not be handled by ranged (or are just far easier to handle with melee) is one alternative. Shields like the ones in proving grounds that often switch angle also work better for melee as they can run around it without losing any damage whereas a ranged would have to move a much larger distance and not be able to deal any damage whilst doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Ya it's not like ranged ever had to mage tank, hunter kite, spriest mind control, yawn yawn yawn.
    Yeah, and all of those things made ranged mandatory. I'm not saying ranged doesn't have to do mechanics, I'm saying that until Legion, the primary reason melee got brought(outside of "we have a bunch on the roster and not enough ranged") was to get the required number for mechanics, then the rest of the raid got filled with ranged.

- - - Updated - - -

On Augur especially, melee should run out to make the mechanic cleaner/faster, and because the hitbox is big enough to make it possible to at least meet the ranged halfway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

Plenty of abilities still limited the number of melee you could bring after WotLK(mostly things that require spreading out, directly "capping" the number of melee you could bring)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jamandbread View Post
    That was an awful fight for anyone that wasn't an affliction warlock though to be honest
    I think my Strength tank PTSD got triggered. That was fucking miserable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    I hope melees won't have to do any mechanics again. The average melee player can't handle them anyway, leave it to the ranged.
    The average ranged is just as braindead as the average melee(otherwise bosses would be dying much faster now that the braindead melee don't need to do mechanics, but reality shows the opposite, although most likely not for that reason)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    There's a huge difference between being preferred and nearly every fight being a mobile target dummy for melee and that same fight being helter skelter for ranged.

OT: Want to do low effort massive DPS? Melee. Want to actually play the game and not be a lazy schlub? Ranged.
    So basically you're suggesting we go back to "bring enough melee to handle the ranged-immune crystals, then fill the raid with ranged".
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-05-11 at 05:18 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU