Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I like the idea that these rings might come from some quest chain integrated as apart of completing ToS or Class campaign. Essentially everyone has relatively easy access to it and it's not RNG dependent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    I like the idea that these rings might come from some quest chain integrated as apart of completing ToS or Class campaign. Essentially everyone has relatively easy access to it and it's not RNG dependent.
    As long as it does not count towards for the two legendary limit, and it is effectively a bonus third one I would be ok with it. If it is competing for one of our legendary slots, then I'm boarding the rage bus (if there's room).

Yes, because CLEARLY 'I think these rings are a bad idea' means Blizzard is actively sabotaging Druids and we should all cancel our subscriptions, instead of just 'these rings are a bad idea in their current incarnation.'

But please, spout more memes and slippery slope fallacies.

Quote Originally Posted by Malmmoc View Post
    As long as it does not count towards for the two legendary limit, and it is effectively a bonus third one I would be ok with it. If it is competing for one of our legendary slots, then I'm boarding the rage bus (if there's room).
    Why would you be mad if it competed with legendary count? It will be either good for your spec or not. If its good, then everyone has relatively easy access to it. If its not great, then use better legendaries that you have.

For me it isn't even about access because I already have 8/10 boomkin legendaries (excluding the crafted), and due any day now for 9/10. By the time ToS comes out, I will most likely be at 10/10, and any newly released legendary would drop in short order for me.

I don't want to have to give up anything to fix the problem. The fix should be baseline, which they could easily do without using up one of our legendary slots. Like I said earlier, if I can play at the 97th percentile and come 8th on the meter, there's a problem that needs sorting out.
    Last edited by Malmmoc; 2017-05-10 at 07:59 PM.

Rings like this are ruining the game. It's extremely poor design from the developers, and I really dont like it.
    Sure its very good, but so is a spell that would "Instantly kill everyone in 10 yards of you." But is it good development? No..

Getting a random drop to get a talent on an item is just.. What the fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Rings like this are ruining the game. It's extremely poor design from the developers, and I really dont like it.
    Sure its very good, but so is a spell that would "Instantly kill everyone in 10 yards of you." But is it good development? No..

I disagree, having talents on a legendary has a lot of potential, nothing inherently bad in that design.

Getting a random drop to get a talent on an item is just.. What the fuck
    Your problem is with the acquisition of legendaries, which I agree is pretty much the worst thing this expansion. But I don't think it should hold them back from trying out interesting ideas.

So let's try to fix Balance druids with a ring that gives them Soul of the Forest instead of you know, just giving them Soul of the Forest...

This isn't an attempt to fix anything, every druid spec is getting SotF and I'm assuming every spec in the game is getting a passive talent on the ring.

I'm not saying that this will end up being the right move, but I think it is an interesting direction to take to take and dismissing talents on legendaries outright might be premature.

I imagine active talents are a bit more problematic to do than passive ones and may make a mess out of the specs rotation.
    Quote Originally Posted by wewe View Post
    Releasing changes in smaller batches helps them gather targeted feedback.
    It's also obvious that some classes don't have rings, but that dosen't take away from the fact that the druid ring is not a placeholder so discussions about it can be had.
    It may not technically be a placeholder, but it is far from finished, and not at all suitable for feedback or discussions. They might completely drop the current design and given them entirely different effects before they're released to the public for testing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I imagine active talents are a bit more problematic to do than passive ones and may make a mess out of the specs rotation.

It may not technically be a placeholder, but it is far from finished, and not at all suitable for feedback or discussions. They might completely drop the current design and given them entirely different effects before they're released to the public for testing yet.
    So when is it allowed to state opinions on changes that are pushed to PTR? Let's just wait until we get a release candidate, or better yet lets wait until it's pushed to release.
    Clearly I'm mistaken and a thread about 7.2.5 changes is not appropriate to talk about changes that are on PTR for 7.2.5.
    I'm sorry. I'm done trying to explain the concept of PTR.

So when is it allowed to state opinions on changes that are pushed to PTR? Let's just wait until we get a release candidate, or better yet lets wait until it's pushed to release.
    Clearly I'm mistaken and a thread about 7.2.5 changes is not appropriate to talk about changes that are on PTR for 7.2.5.
    When changes are actually pushed, and not half baked stuff that may not even see the light of day.

You shouldn't try explaining concepts that you yourself haven't quite understood yet.

When changes are actually pushed, and not half baked stuff that may not even see the light of day.

You shouldn't try explaining concepts that you yourself haven't quite understood yet.
    You're wrong for 2 reasons. The first reason is bolded. I don't think that requires more explination.

The second is, it's clearly not a placeholder, and it's not half-baked. What iterations do you actually see coming? I'll tell you what may change - the stats. There will be rings that give talents, that's already clear, it's not in idea that was just thrown out there, it will happen. So what can they change? Well, they *could* change what talent it attaches, and they could change the stats. There really aren't many other balance talents that are even contenders to be put on a ring (Other specs have a few, but this is a balance thread), but aside from those 2 changes, there aren't exactly many possible iterations it could go through.

So when exactly do you suggest discussing it? When it has stats? When the stats are finalized? When the build is a release candidate?

Last reply on this subject because i'm quite frankly bored of the ignorance.
    Who will decide when it is not "half baked"? The nature of PTR makes it so that everything that is pushed there CAN change. So when are we allowed to state some opinions on PTR changes since ANYTHING can change even hours before it is released to live....
    Next time I'll be sure to ask you if the change on PTR is in a state you deem discussable....
    Every reply you make on the subject just proves you have no clue on what PTR is for.

I feel like anyone complaining about the ring isn't seeing the overall power of it and its synergy with everything else else we have. That ring combined with our T20 2pc and being able to have incarnation alone should be enough to see the power. Also seems I've seen quite a bit of speculation towards getting this as our third legendary, If thats the case I feel like all I can see is a ton of power come 7.2.5. It seems like a lot of people want to complain about the state of balance ( I'm sure I've been there.) and even though I miss the old starfall and our old Shooting Stars/Starsurge procs, I've really grown to like the new starfall and I think this is probably one of the best iterations of balance we have had. I don't think I would be playing still if it weren't for legendaries/Artifact Weapon/M+. Just enjoy it friends!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosars View Post
    The second is, it's clearly not a placeholder, and it's not half-baked. <snip>
    You mean in the same way that the legendary tokens that appeared on the 7.2 PTR, which allowed you to simply generate a random legendary of your chosen loot spec were?

You obviously have not noticed that those tokens did not make it to live. As such, Huth is indeed correct - at this stage, this is nothing but a half-baked, speculative idea, therefore raging out of control over an item which may never see the light of day is nothing but an overreaction.
    Last edited by Mystikal; 2017-05-11 at 05:29 PM. Reason: spelling

IMO they should have given us (the class) Incarnation instead. It IS a passive ability modifier and it makes more sense that a ring would power up our cooldowns, though it doesn't really matter for Balance since if you give us either ability, we're guaranteed to take the other one. I mean, who really uses Stellar Flare?

... well, I guess except for Bears, but giving them another cooldown isn't anything new. Granted I'm sure they'd appreciate another mega cooldown over something extremely lackluster

Way too many people say the whole "wait for more info" or stuff, and I'll never understand it. The whole point of stuff being on PTR is to be TESTED and given FEEDBACK.

Stuff may or may not see the light of day based on feedback as well. Now is the perfect time to be discussing things like the ring.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I think now is the best time to discuss the ring and any other changes they make on the PTR. We've seen the wait and see approach is not the way to go. There is nothing wrong with giving our feedback and opinions on items that are up for testing. What is the worst that could happen? They don't listen to us and proceed as planned? Terrible..

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    We've seen the wait and see approach is not the way to go.
    Anyone who says otherwise is an absolute lunatic. There's only a month or so to release of the patch (it's coming with or even slightly before ToS is out) which doesn't give a lot of time to change stuff, given that we see a new build every 1-2 weeks and soon they'll be completely out of the mechanical phase of the patch and be purely in the numbers part.

Like Kyanion said, the wait-and-see approach doesn't work. It hasn't worked for the past 5 expansions/Vanilla and I can give you first-hand experience that it definitely doesn't work in this one either.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    IMO they should have given us (the class) Incarnation instead. It IS a passive ability modifier and it makes more sense that a ring would power up our cooldowns, though it doesn't really matter for Balance since if you give us either ability, we're guaranteed to take the other one. I mean, who really uses Stellar Flare?
    Isn't resto incarnation an extra spell too? Either way afaik the other specs rarely pick their SotF talents(might change for resto with the T20 set).

For balance specifically SotF makes more sense imo as it might actually enable a Stellar Flare playstyle. It'll probably be behind a normal single target build still since the set bonus favours Starsurge.