Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted

Shouldn't common sense tell people that they couldn't possibly deliver on what they're promising with the size of their team and budget?

Well as always it's a wait and see situation, i just have a feeling it will end up like EverquestNext and collapse, It's similar in terms of ambitions and features and likely had better funding. And they were also a semi-decent well known dev team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    It's going to be subscription based
    Yeah until it goes F2P lol

Deleted
    New official pre-alpha footage has been released:

You mean pre-alpha movie? That didn't look like much if any gameplay. I highly down for a MMO that has to load hundreds if not thousands of models at a time it will look anything even close to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    You mean pre-alpha movie? That didn't look like much if any gameplay. I highly down for a MMO that has to load hundreds if not thousands of models at a time it will look anything even close to this.
    The trailers SWTOR put out where movies. Cgi that had absolutely no reference to the actual game. This, on the other hand, is all in-game footage. Obviously highly polished to made to look a certain way, but does represent the actual game.

I believe tomorrow (maybe next week) a video comes out with that character that will show him walking around, exploring. So that'll give an even more accurate representation of gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    The trailers SWTOR put out where movies. Cgi that had absolutely no reference to the actual game. This, on the other hand, is all in-game footage. Obviously highly polished to made to look a certain way, but does represent the actual game.

I believe tomorrow (maybe next week) a video comes out with that character that will show him walking around, exploring. So that'll give an even more accurate representation of gameplay.
    Hate to break it to you but that video shows absolute nothing about a game being made. All that was shown in that video can be made in the cinematics tool in Unreal engine.

Making a character and exploring in a world would also not show any gameplay. Any artist can do that in the time it takes them to model the environments. Which Unreal have several tools to speed up. There are also tutorials on youtube for creating inventory and equipment systems and ability systems in a couple of hours. So if that's all they show then they haven't shown anything of value.

The game needs to show a lot more substance to prove that it isn't just marketing.

People that just blindly back kickstarters of cool concepts need to start understanding that everyone can come up with a compelling concept. Just take some buzz words from angry MMO players with things they want in MMO's. The hard part is putting that concept into reality and to do that you need skilled workers and time. You need to look at the scope of the project and think if this is actually doable. You also have to realize that creating basic gameplay is extremely easy today with Unreal / Unity and all the various tutorials that exists on Youtube. A small team of 5 people could spend a month polishing some cinematics and create some basic gameplay and throw around buzzwords on a kickstarter and people would just blindly take their word for it and pledge.
    Last edited by Lillpapps; 2017-05-11 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post

Uhh yeah I doubt that is 'in game footage'. Sorry I'll believe that when I see it actually being played as an alpha or beta and not just some 3 minute movie. You are doing a great job of being a shill for this company though Coffeh, I must applaud you for that. As I said show me a hundred of people around with no lag and I'll believe that this Unreal Engine can pull off an MMO. Show me a 10 minute combat video using abilities and how the lag/responsiveness of the combat will feel and I'll start to care.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Hate to break it to you but that video shows absolute nothing about a game being made. All that was shown in that video can be made in the cinematics tool in Unreal engine.

Making a character and exploring in a world would also not show any gameplay. Any artist can do that in the time it takes them to model the environments. Which Unreal have several tools to speed up. There are also tutorials on youtube for creating inventory and equipment systems and ability systems in a couple of hours. So if that's all they show then they haven't shown anything of value.

The game needs to show a lot more substance to prove that it isn't just marketing.

People that just blindly back kickstarters of cool concepts need to start understanding that everyone can come up with a compelling concept. Just take some buzz words from angry MMO players with things they want in MMO's. The hard part is putting that concept into reality and to do that you need skilled workers and time. You need to look at the scope of the project and think if this is actually doable. You also have to realize that creating basic gameplay is extremely easy today with Unreal / Unity and all the various tutorials that exists on Youtube. A small team of 5 people could spend a month polishing some cinematics and create some basic gameplay and throw around buzzwords on a kickstarter and people would just blindly take their word for it and pledge.
    Exactly. This reminds me more and more of Trials of Ascension just with a little bit more competent people to show off 'potential' while avoiding showing the meat and potatoes of what makes an MMO. It still also give me a sour taste in my mouth knowing someone that is/was involved in a pyramid scheme is the major person behind this.

Sounds and looks interesting.
    I hope it's gonna have coop PVE features

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1At83ext_b8
    To paraphrase: "We have lots of stuff that can randomly happen and impact your progress in the area of your choosing"
    So like when I'm offline and at work? I can't wait to see how they will try to fix things that probably every other developer failed before them .

Also I'd like to point out for the record: The animation for the male's model there need work. He looks totally dorky. The female in the other one moved a lot better (for wearing high heels at least).

All of their "ingame footage" has been hilariously bad and blatantly scripted. The little actual combat they've shown looks awful, not to mention it looks to use boring tab target mechanics.

I really wonder how people (if they actually existed and aren't just fake accounts of the company) came to the conclusion they absolutely need to back a game they know next to nothing about. Especially in the 400-500 dollar range. This smells like phenomenal scam in the making.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-05-25 at 05:29 PM.

In theory, the ideas the developers have planned look fantastic, and would seemingly make a great game with a large enough player base. Of course, the problem with projects like these is execution, because as people have already mentioned, several of these "Ultra-incredible MMOs" have existed in the past and have flopped.

Nothing wrong with taking a wait and see approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I really wonder how people (if they actually existed and aren't just fake accounts of the company) came to the conclusion they absolutely need to back a game they know next to nothing about. Especially in the 400-500 dollar range. This smells like phenomenal scam in the making.
    People who love the idea's they propose (which is easy), and who have the disposable income to light the money on fire and expect nothing back for the tiny chance this project is not the failure it looks to be.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    People who love the idea's they propose (which is easy), and who have the disposable income to light the money on fire and expect nothing back for the tiny chance this project is not the failure it looks to be.
    Yeah, but finding so many of these suckers is the dodgy part..

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    All of their "ingame footage" has been hilariously bad and blatantly scripted. The little actual combat they've shown looks awful, not to mention it looks to use boring tab target mechanics.
    To be expected from pre-alpha footage. I'm not even sure why they bother showing it. Pre-alpha anything means nothing for the finished product. So much can and will change.

They'll make the same idiotic mistakes all devs/publishers do with their mmos. Overly phasing everything, P2W, not enough grouping activities, too much grind, lame combat, terrible optimization... I'm sure. I'd love to be wrong.

I didn't expect it to rise 2.5$ kk