Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    And remember, he also won the popular vote.

If you remove all of the illegal votes he make up in his head.
    And I am still waiting patiently for an explanation for that claim as well as evidence to support it. I expect to hear any day now!

Lol at the people saying Trump's smarter than most people just because he's rich and the President.

As for the transcript, I'm surprised how civil he was being, but it was still embarrassing seeing how he rambled, failed to address question and it looks like his handlers are manipulating him.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I didn't claim brilliance, but if he's able to keep doing that and people let him, who is really the dummy in that situation?
    That's not the issue though, is it? You can't claim that he's good at business when his major business ventures fail within a couple of years.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Successful people are the smartest.
    Sucks to be scientists who struggle for funding to get published. They must be really dumb if they can't be successful.

RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    And I am still waiting patiently for an explanation for that claim as well as evidence to support it. I expect to hear any day now!
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/11/politi...y-voter-fraud/

Welp, he issued an EO establishing a committee to look into it headed up by Pence.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    The announcement will come right alongside his tax returns!
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/11/politi...y-voter-fraud/

Welp, he issued an EO establishing a committee to look into it headed up by Pence.
    I'm sure this investigation will be conducted and concluded promptly with results demonstrating exactly what Trump stated! Then he can officially win the popular vote to go with his proclaimed landslide Electoral College victory!

In unrelated news, apparently every presidential election has been decided by a landslide Electoral College victory! Hooray! Landslides for everyone!

No.

Successful people are the best at taking advantage of opportunities and either working with or manipulating people.

It's got nothing to do with intelligence. Smartness and intelligence are subtly different things, so I suppose one could say Trump is smarter in a business/opportunistic sense than most, but certainly not more intelligent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    The "people letting him" is himself, as he's self-funding his failures. Or getting loans from banks that... oh, won't loan to him anymore. Unless they're German or Russian, and even the Germans are getting leary because of his constant bankruptcies.
    Again, even being able to set up these connections and being lent money isn't doable by dumb people
    Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    Yet he doubled down and since 2011 has been selling wine, from the vineyard he purchased.

It might succeed though, because his son Eric is running the company. It also will sell product simply because of name brand recognition. He's much more famous now than when he launched his vodka, water or steak ventures and some people will buy it just because he's President.

In fact, since he was elected Trump wines sales have doubled it seems upon searching.

His entire shtick is, you know my name buy my product. Becoming President has simply made him that much richer.
    Seems silly to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    That's not the issue though, is it? You can't claim that he's good at business when his major business ventures fail within a couple of years.
    It's possible he's just selling the wrong product. Obviously he shouldn't be doing, but what's ​the opion of a few forum posters compared to a generally successful businessman and now president. Like i keep saying anybody truly dumb would be broke in the blink of an eye like most retired sport stars.

Deleted
    Lol you're a funny guy.

Again, even being able to set up these connections and being lent money isn't doable by dumb people
    Let's highlight this:

he can't get loans by american banks anymore. the only people willingly giving him loans are the russians. think foreign countries, such as the russians, might have more of an idea of "we'll get money from this rich american" when making a loan?

It's possible he's just selling the wrong product. Obviously he shouldn't be doing, but what's ​the opion of a few forum posters compared to a generally successful businessman and now president. Like i keep saying anybody truly dumb would be broke in the blink of an eye like most retired sport stars.
    Unless, of course, the idiot businessman has enough sense to hire experts to handle the details.

Trump started off rich, he could afford good lawyers and accountants to protect his interests. Doesn't make him the intelligent one. And once you're past a certain threshold, your lawyers and influence can be such that you can bully your way through court or contract disputes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Let's highlight this:

he can't get loans by american banks anymore. the only people willingly giving him loans are the russians. think foreign countries, such as the russians, might have more of an idea of "we'll get money from this rich american" when making a loan?
    Maybe? Generally foreign loans would sever ties really quick if they didn't get an investment back which sounds like they are so maybe he has some degree of success?

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Unless, of course, the idiot businessman has enough sense to hire experts to handle the details.

Trump started off rich, he could afford good lawyers and accountants to protect his interests. Doesn't make him the intelligent one. And once you're past a certain threshold, your lawyers and influence can be such that you can bully your way through court or contract disputes.
    That's not really arguing against my point since I'd imagine most businesses do this. It doesn't make sense NOT to.

Maybe? Generally foreign loans would sever ties really quick if they didn't get an investment back which sounds like they are so maybe he has some degree of success?
    Who, exactly, is suspect in the investigation right now by the FBI?

C'mon dude. Trying to claim they'd give him money because he's such a great businessman while there's a consensus in the intell community of russian interference in the election is being more than a tad dense.

Trump: not only is he a brilliant conman, if not one of greatest in history. He has a charismatic nack to entice people to go with feelings over logic and facts. Beyond being great at "faking it" for his marks, he really doesn't understand the greater intricacies at the game he's playing, as shown by such gems of "health care is hard! who knew" and other flips like nafta, nato, china, china & n korea.

when combine Trump with base who greatly favors party over country both in representative positions and in voters themselves. Makes you surprised we don't have more "trump" like candidates.

That's not really arguing against my point since I'd imagine most businesses do this. It doesn't make sense NOT to.
    Depends if you're conflating being successful in business with personal intelligence. They're different things; Trump's business success doesn't mean he is smarter than less successful people. There are hundreds of other factors.

And yes, that's normal for businesses, but Trump's been involved, apparently, in over 3500 court cases over the last thirty years, which seems excessive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Trump: not only is he a brilliant conman, if not one of greatest in history. He has a charismatic nack to entice people to go with feelings over logic and facts. Beyond being great at "faking it" for his marks, he really doesn't understand the greater intricacies at the game he's playing, as shown by such gems of "health care is hard! who knew" and other flips like nafta, nato, china, china & n korea.

when combine Trump with base who greatly favors party over country both in representative positions and in voters themselves. Makes you surprised we don't have more "trump" like candidates.
    Unfortunately the more ridiculous parties in Australia and other countries are taking notice and starting to emulate him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who, exactly, is suspect in the investigation right now by the FBI?

C'mon dude. Trying to claim they'd give him money because he's such a great businessman while there's a consensus in the intell community of russian interference in the election is being more than a tad dense.
    I have never argued against his russian connect​ions and that isn't what I'm even talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Depends if you're conflating being successful in business with personal intelligence. They're different things; Trump's business success doesn't mean he is smarter than less successful people. There are hundreds of other factors.

And yes, that's normal for businesses, but Trump's been involved, apparently, in over 3500 court cases over the last thirty years, which seems excessive.

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately the more ridiculous parties in Australia and other countries are taking notice and starting to emulate him.
    I'm not claiming he's some genious, but it's disingenuous to say he's dumb when he peobably knows more about business than the random people on this forum. Just like how i know more about Japanese​ and video games than him.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2017-05-11 at 07:54 PM.

I have never argued against his russian connect​ions and that isn't what I'm even talking about
    In the context of "only Russian banks give him money", the idea that they're doing it for influence is far more likely than the idea that they think he's a good businessman, despite all other banks disagreeing, which is the entire point of the post you just dismissed.

I hope it's dementia of some sort, atleast he'll have an excuse then.

15+ Year Old Account
    In the context of "only Russian banks give him money", the idea that they're doing it for influence is far more likely than the idea that they think he's a good businessman, despite all other banks disagreeing, which is the entire point of the post you just dismissed.
    Ok, it's hard for banks to invest in people who haven't made the best business decisions in the past. But again, if he was all that bad he'd be broke.