Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ogres yes. There are tauren sized variety in lowbie zone so height shouldn't be an issue.

And just give humans vrykul aesthetic options. We don't need another human race.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would rather never have new races then have Ogres part of the horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    I want Ogres in the Horde more than ever now.

Please no new races.

Quote Originally Posted by bgdfahrq View Post
    Those 2 races are a bit tall wouldnt you say? Blizz would have to redesign every doorway to accommodate them!
    Or, you know... instead of remodeling every door in the game they can just make Ogre and Vrykul smaller.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macilento View Post
    Okay so, let me tell you first that i am always, and i mean ALWAYS, hoping for new races to be playable in wow. Because i really think that one of the many strong points for wow are just the amount, and the diversity in the playable races.
    The history behind them, and the new stories that Blizz decide to go with for these races and how they all tie up in the main storyline is also very intriguing to me.
    Now let's get into the real stuff: Why Ogres, Why Vrykuls.
    (sorry if my english is not perfect)

-----------------------------

Well it should not come as a surprise that i want Ogres in the Horde, They just NEEDS to be there, just like the goblins needed it. Now we got the Goblins and the Goblins were already a big part in the Warcraft Universe, but so are the Ogres. Over time and expecially in Draenor we finally got to see some kick ass Ogres and got to see how vicious and ruthless they can be. But it's not only that, we got to see one sick twisted Ogre in Cho'Gall during Cataclysm and that was great, not to mention Rexxar (half ogre, but still we need to see more of him).
    Ogres are also a lot comical when they want, and i know you all want to see that Goblin-Ogre relatioship at it's best. But it would be interesting to see them interact with all the others Horde races as well.
    Now in all seriousness i thought Draenor was the perfect expansion to put Ogres in the Horde just based on how influencial they were there. But nope. So in Legion we got Demon hunter and all is great for now but still it's 2 exps that we don't get any new races.

So now with the Demon hunter we saw that Blizz can put more effort into the customization of your character and this is important to the Ogres. Why? Because you really want to play that 2 headed Ogre-mage don't you? I certainly would.

SO here is the deal:
    The playable classes for Ogres to me should be:
    Warrior, Priest, Mage, Warlock, Hunter, Shaman, Death Knight, (and maybe Monk... i know it's weird).

So if i'm not mistaken usually Melee, or warrior Ogres have 1 head, while the one that practice magic arts needs 2.
    This could go in a number of ways in creating the character, but i suggest that you should be able to have the options to have 1 or 2 heads, and to customize the 2 heads differently (hair, facial traits etc,). Then if you have a piece of gear on you it should visually replicate on the other head as well. Same if you hide it.

Racial Leader: Rexxar. I don't care about anything, put fking Rexxar in the Horde.

--------------

Alliance. Ohhh good old Alliance. Up until this expansion i always thought alliance kinda got the short end of the stick with what was going on overall. But it's hard to think about a new race to join the alliance right? I just think the Vrykul are perfect. Like literally they should be in the Alliance NOW.

Now, we saw the Vrykuls back in Wrath (and they were mainly bad guys), but now we saw AN ENTIRE zone about them, with 2 dungeons all about them, and a raid all about them. I mean i never saw a race pushed hard as these guys. And for good reasons!
    Finally Wow got his giant humanoid viking inspired race in the spotlight, and i freaking love them. They are indeed a bit stereotypical but not in a bad way, they are just good.
    Now, there is not better time then to put a Vrykul as playable in Alliance then after this expansion. and when you think about it, every fantasy genre has his type of Giant dudes, like every fantasy has some type of elves, humans, orcs and dwarves. WoW was lacking that.
    We saw more about Odyn and all that good stuff that ties with them (and not only them, it ties with the whole WoW roster).

Now For the Vrykuls i would have these classes:
    Warrior (you can argue Fury warriors Vrykul would be the perfect match for that spec), Druid, Priest, Warlock, Monk, Death knights (can you imagine this? Frost Dk Vrykul yes please), Hunter, Shaman, Maybe Mage, Rogues (!), aaaaaand.... Paladin.

There are a few controversial ones so let me explain:
    Druids: I think it's pretty clear we saw a side of the Vrykul we didn't see before. Their connection with their territory is not to be underestimated. And for god sake i took quests directly from a talking Tree! Joking aside i think it may be head scratching at first, but it would end up in a great match just like when Troll Druids were announced.

Monks: I can certainly see like a vagabond, lone wolf feel in some of the Vrykuls and that would lead to an inclusion of this class. And i think that Druids and Monks kinda goes hand in hand. (AND STILL NO PANDAREN DRUIDS GJ BLIZZ)

Mage: This is 50%. I honestly don't see Vrykuls mastering the arcane magics, as i see them more as Warlocks, but honestly the mage is a pretty basic concept and almost anyone in the wow unvierse could become a mage (exept Taurens. Don't even think about it blizz) and a Frost or even Fire mage Vrykul would be cool as hell for sure.

Rogues: You definetly usually do not see Massive characters being usually stealthy guys, but with Vrykuls is different. Not only we already saw how good of pirates they are (Outlaw Vrykul yes pls), But they definetly can be those shady poison mastering types of dudes as well. And honestly i feel it's a good match

And finally Paladin: Well this is hard to explain. Remember when they (sadly) allowed Taurens to be Paladins? that sucked because there was no evidence in game whatsoever that they would be a good match. THey had to come up with stories later that kinda got it right but still, it feels weird.
    With the Vrykul is a totally different story tho. Why? Just take a look at the Halls of Valor dungeon, and tell me if you don't see "paladins" vibes all over that place.
    Not traditional paladins, the ones who use the Light and blah blah blas, but there is something there it tells you "this should happen".
    I see the Paladins Vrykul more like warriors that use the holy powers of Odyn in battle.

Put some kick-ass Vrykul as racial leader and you're good to go.
    I would love to see as customization options tatoos as well.

-------------

Now after that wall of text, i would really want to see your opinion on this. Please eel free to add your thouhgts (i may be missing something!) but give constructive criticism.
    If she ever goes neutral-good maybe sylvanas could be the leader of the Vrykul
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Or, you know... instead of remodeling every door in the game they can just make Ogre and Vrykul smaller.
    A small Vrykrul? Isnt that what a human is?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ogres for the Horde should have happened a long time ago by way of the Stonemaul Clan but now we'll have to wait until we get an expansion which would give reason to have them included.

I suspect that'll never happen unless Blizzard really, really digs deep for a story if Kul Tiras is ever re-introduced as a valid threat with Jaina.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

No thanks, New Sub Races only ...please. Not interested in playing EITHER of the 2 listed.

Its gonna be neutral races for the future cause that way you dont need to spend resources making 2 starting zones!

10+ Year Old Account
    I will race change my human monk to a vrykul with the quickness!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I want Ogres in the Horde more than ever now.
    I will play horde if they added Orge as a race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those 2 races are a bit tall wouldnt you say? Blizz would have to redesign every doorway to accommodate them!
    There are examples of them being tauren sized already. So not much work at all needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    To be honest I don't really get the clamour for the Vrykul as a playable race. Are they really that distinctive from humans.
    Yes. Very much so

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rivux View Post
    I honestly couldnt think of anything worse then an Ogre for the horde...ugly as hell and to have the main city full of them FKKKK THAAAAAAT..

Also Vrykul.. i'm sick and tired of the Alliance having all the 'normal' looking races...why do you think Blood Elves are the most played Horde Race?

The horde needs to loose this typical enemy style to it! Both sides are good and evil!! bring balance to the races and give Horde a race more humanized instead of massive fat cows and rotting corpses...

Alliance have fking Ware wolves....think you've had the race love for a while now
    Ogres suit the horde perfectly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    No thanks, New Sub Races only ...please. Not interested in playing EITHER of the 2 listed.
    I need new races

- - - Updated - - -

Its gonna be neutral races for the future cause that way you dont need to spend resources making 2 starting zones!
    Which blizzard said they probably wouldn't do again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Ogres are perfect for the horde though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    ogres are fat and stupid, I prefer naga
    Ogres are hardly fat or stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by cfStatic View Post
    I don't understand why Vrykuls...

We ran the gamut of smaller humans so now we need larger ones? Not Ethereal or Arrakoa, not Jinyu, not even Tuskarr but yet another human for the Alliance?
    There is big issue with armor customization for non-humanoid looking models.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Macilento View Post
    Okay so, let me tell you first that i am always, and i mean ALWAYS, hoping for new races to be playable in wow. Because i really think that one of the many strong points for wow are just the amount, and the diversity in the playable races.
    The history behind them, and the new stories that Blizz decide to go with for these races and how they all tie up in the main storyline is also very intriguing to me.
    Now let's get into the real stuff: Why Ogres, Why Vrykuls.
    (sorry if my english is not perfect)

___

Now after that wall of text, i would really want to see your opinion on this. Please eel free to add your thouhgts (i may be missing something!) but give constructive criticism.
    This is not a new idea, but its no less awesome the when its been brought up before. Dating back to the Warcraft strategy games, ogres belong on Horde, and I'm socked they are not playable yet.

Vrykul make sense for both sides, giving the Horde a Human race or the Alliance a big race. They would be a perfectly fine choice for the Alliance, i would play the heck out of a female vrykul warrior. Their inclusion at the same time time as Ogres would make sense as that would be the time for blizzard to sort our size/door issues. Speaking of which:

As a fan, i want to see cool stuff in my game, i dont care about the mechanics of large races walking through small doors, thats for blizzard to figure out.

Its not perfect and might look weird, but if blizzard said "screw it, we want these awesome large races to be playable so were just going to make the top of doors collision free so tall races can walk through some door jams" id be perfectly fine with that small amount of immersion breaking.

On class options:

I'm in favor of more druid races when it makes sense.

Ogre hunter, and castery vyrkul seem like a strech unless where there is already precedent for it in the game in which case, sure why not.

I think monk would be too weird and be too much of a stretch for Ogres, but i can definitely see vagabond/wanderer vrykul and taking on a spiritual/monk philosophy.

I think rogues might actually work on a large race vrykul and an outlaw/pirate vrykul is both in the game like you said and would be amazing. Id like to see a large race rogue, barbarian rogues were hillarious in everquest.

Ditto on the Pally vrykul, Pally themes is all i see when i look around Halls of Valor, alot more so then warrior (i think skyhold being the warrior hall is a little out of place).

PS: Your english is great, i wouldn't have been able to tell it might not be your first language if you didnt mention it.

To be honest I don't really get the clamour for the Vrykul as a playable race. Are they really that distinctive from humans.
    technically there WoW Human's ancestors ...

but come on what a boring ...very boring race to add. So many other races that would be interesting.

Worgen, Goblins and Pandas <---all interesting races

Ogres need to be added ASAP. For alliance? I have no idea...all i know not vrykul....and Ogres should of been a player race in vanilla.

but i think will see sub-races first.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Ogres for H would be cool, As for A I would actually really like the Arakkoa to be made available. They could have a story built around the remnants of Arakkoa and the fallen joining together trying to find a cure for the blood curse.
    Would lead to a cool Light / Dark hybrid race, with the cultural anxieties of past aggression plaguing them.
    We haven't had any of that for some time since the Dark Iron Dwarves became more or less accepted by the other dwarf clans.
    As for Classes I would say... Warrior, Paladin, Shaman, Hunter, Rogue, Monk (maybe), Priest, Mage, and Warlock.

I'd be fine with both of these. Ogre rogue would be hilarious. What I really want it see is sub races. I would race change to a night borne right this second if allowed.
    There are a million fine looking women in this world but not all of them will bring you lasagna at work. Most of them will just cheat on you.

I'd rather have sub races. How about they add male trolls and orcs that can stand up right? Crazy idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    There is big issue with armor customization for non-humanoid looking models.
    That's one thing for Ethereal, which I'll concede. But Awakened Arrakoa shouldn't be any more difficult than Worgen/Draenei. Jinyu uses the NElf skeleton iirc so that's not a problem either. Tuskarr would be similar to Panda. That probably disqualifies the latter two as Blizz wants to stick to the silhouettes for whatever reason(even though we have a plethora of toys to change into other races).

For me, yes they are. I would literally race change every toon I have to Vrykul. They are rougher and grittier than Humans. To me, there is as much similarity between Vrykul and Human as there is between Dwarf and Human. I understand that lore wise, humans are descended from Vrykul, but the Vrykul look, culture, and fantasy is completely different from that of Humans in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cfStatic View Post
    I don't understand why Vrykuls...

We ran the gamut of smaller humans so now we need larger ones? Not Ethereal or Arrakoa, not Jinyu, not even Tuskarr but yet another human for the Alliance?

I have 0 interest in any of those races, but I'd play Vrykul in a heart beat. I mean, as it is, most of the people who want to play "monster" races (for lack of a better word) play Horde and most who want to play Human-esque races play alliance. You already have Worgen/Blood Elf for the outlires. I'd bet there are more Horde players who want Ogre than there are Alliance players. Vrykul may be a more equal split though.