Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I like the part where you removed the section of my post that would have negated your response.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    I'm not really sure what this is a response to.
    You are saying "why bother suggesting stuff and getting your hopes up, just take it as it comes"

I am saying Fallout 4 is running counter to trends in the industry and has a lot of things in it that people have asked for therefore I think we can reasonably expect the same from the elder scrolls series. The only way I can see this as being confusing is if you don't know they are games made by the same company.

Seems self explanatory?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

A good game. Seriously, the Elder Scrolls series has always been mediocre at best.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I like the part where you removed the section of my post that would have negated your response.
    I saw nothing that negated my response, and quoting the specific part of a post you're responding to is in the forum rules.

You don't see the big deal. I never said there was a big deal. I find compiling a list of wants and expectations to be silly. You apparently don't. Don't know what more conversation you're expecting to be had, here.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    You are saying "why bother suggesting stuff and getting your hopes up, just take it as it comes"
    That's not what I said, though. so, you know. take it back step.
    Last edited by Dispraise; 2017-05-11 at 01:40 PM.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

I saw nothing that negated my response, and quoting the specific part of a post you're responding to is in the forum rules.

That's not what I said, though. so, you know. take it back step.
    Quite an attitude problem you have there.

"What the fuck kind of question is this guys"

OP even gave you an example of "what kind of question the fuck this is" by answering himself if you did not understand the thread title.

I suggest you take your own advice, and take it back a step. If you think a thread is stupid then don't post.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quite an attitude problem you have there.
    The feeling is mutual. Now would you like to respond to actual me, or the me that you're having imaginary conversations with?

Doesn't really matter either way, but in one of those I don't actually have to be involved which is convenient for me.

The feeling is mutual. Now would you like to respond to actual me, or the me that you're having imaginary conversations with?

Doesn't really matter either way, but in one of those I don't actually have to be involved which is convenient for me.
    I hope you are just playing dumb at this point.

It's not a question of controversy, but why in the hell would you set expectations when you have no information to work from? Do you enjoy being disappointed?
    Well actually, we DO have a reference point called fallout 4 which came out AFTER skyrim. In skyrim there were such things as hearthstone which have evolved to settlement building etc. There was a focus on fundamental mechanics such as the basic gun play which may mean they will give the next elder scrolls some attention in the same areas and so far in the thread is one of the main talking points. So saying we have no info or w/e is just bullshit, straight up. Does that explain the response clearly enough for you? Furthermore, that thread title. People don't really need info to want something. If you think the thread topic is BS why post at all?

If you think the thread topic is BS why post at all?
    Yeah, you seem to want to just continue that conversation that's happening in your head, so I'm just gonna leave you to it.

I just want them to stop dumbing down the game. Skyrim removed so many stats and complexity and oversimplified a lot of things. And i sure hope that they stay far away from the horrible conversation system of Fallout 4. I want to see the full sentence. I also want them to do more with the combat, especially magic with the game as a sandbox. Physics would also be awesome if they utilized them more. Allow you to pick a sawblade and throw it with telekinesis, or pierce an enemy by throwing a sword, either by hand or telekinesis again. Get spears you can throw and then pierce the enemy to the terrain behind them etc.

Also, make the things you do matter. I could archmage of the mages guild, leader of the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild, have killed hundreds and dragons, along with their leader, slayed thousands of enemies alone, and I could go on and on and on, and yet the random citizens are rude, and kids still laugh at me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Oh and I forgot to mention, they need to completely ignore fallout 4. That game was a shambles and its modding community ended up practically stillborn because of them holding the creation kit for the console plebs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Friends and I all had a hard on for years at the idea of a multiplayer ES game in such a local/lan multiplayer manner back when Morrowind was new...needless to say, you could hear the wind extracted from our sails when ESO was announced as a MMO. Probably the most I've ever been disappointed with a new game announcement, but I'm also to blame simply for having my own set of preconceived expectations as to what a multiplayer ES game should be. A MMO ES game was never even a thought in my mind.
    This, this is like an extension of my thoughts process, Not gonna lie I think I creamed my pants a wee bit at the prospect of a multiplayer ES game. The final product however... fell short.

Deleted
    i'd love to go back to morrowind with an improved skyrim engine, that'd be awesome.

Although i think Bethesda/Zenimax is focusing on TESO for the coming years. so i don't see a singleplayer ES coming out any time soon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    i'd love to go back to morrowind with an improved skyrim engine, that'd be awesome.

Although i think Bethesda/Zenimax is focusing on TESO for the coming years. so i don't see a singleplayer ES coming out any time soon.
    They mentioned they are working on other 2 unannounced projects and they don't want to do a new TES game before they make a new engine because it's clearly limiting their game potential more then you know.

Hell even the ESO director and loremaster mentioned there is some region they leave out for the moment until the singleplayer TES game goes there.

In order of most important to least important.

1. Cut back on the hand holding. This means no dotted lines to follow for quests, and no fast travel outside of things that make sense in setting, such as teleportation magic.

2. Bring back heavy RPG elements. If there's no core stats like strength, agility, luck, etc, I'm out.

3. For the love of God make the characters less ugly. 16 Bit games look WAY less ugly to me than Skyrim. Character models in Bethesda games looked like outdated garbage as far back as Oblivion. I get a serious case of uncanny valley whenever I look at characters in Skyrim. There's no excuse for that these days.

4. Design endgame around endgame gear. I should not be hitting the hard cap for armor in dwarven gear.

5. Make artifacts BiS. It's just silly how bad artifacts are in Skyrim compared to Morrowind. Oblivion did this too, but it wasn't quite as bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want them to stop taking out customization and RPG elements... I want to go back to TES3 levels of complexity or at least TES4. More stats, more skills, bring back spellmaking and custom enchanting, and bring back all the spells/spellschools that have been removed.

I want developers in general to stop dumbing down games.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-05-11 at 06:58 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want more Elder Scrolls, don't care how it turns out. If it's anything like the last few, it'll be great.

My body is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post

1. Cut back on the hand holding. This means no dotted lines to follow for quests, and no fast travel outside of things that make sense in setting, such as teleportation magic.

2. Bring back heavy RPG elements. If there's no core stats like strength, agility, luck, etc, I'm out.

3. For the love of God make the characters less ugly. 16 Bit games look WAY less ugly to me than Skyrim. Character models in Bethesda games looked like outdated garbage as far back as Oblivion. I get a serious case of uncanny valley whenever I look at characters in Skyrim. There's no excuse for that these days.

4. Design endgame around endgame gear. I should not be hitting the hard cap for armor in dwarven gear.

5. Make artifacts BiS. It's just silly how bad artifacts are in Skyrim compared to Morrowind. Oblivion did this too, but it wasn't quite as bad.
    Agree with everything you said. My favorite thing to do in Morrowind was hunt down the artifacts and just having to actually figure out what you needed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    I just want them to stop dumbing down the game. Skyrim removed so many stats and complexity and oversimplified a lot of things. And i sure hope that they stay far away from the horrible conversation system of Fallout 4. I want to see the full sentence. I also want them to do more with the combat, especially magic with the game as a sandbox. Physics would also be awesome if they utilized them more. Allow you to pick a sawblade and throw it with telekinesis, or pierce an enemy by throwing a sword, either by hand or telekinesis again. Get spears you can throw and then pierce the enemy to the terrain behind them etc.

Also, make the things you do matter. I could archmage of the mages guild, leader of the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild, have killed hundreds and dragons, along with their leader, slayed thousands of enemies alone, and I could go on and on and on, and yet the random citizens are rude, and kids still laugh at me.
    Sorry to break this to you.. but it will be released on consoles as well in the usual way inferior version that still drags down the PC one. You can bet you ass that they will use all the terrible systems they had in FO4.

I really hope they would do more with spells. I want somesilent spells as well. I never got why the ice spike causes as much of a ruckus and setting off your biggest fire spell. That is just dumb.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-05-11 at 07:59 PM.

Don't quite agree on the fast travel being hand holding, if the map is big enough it's going to be real pain in the ass to move around.
    Having the fast travel be portals that you can unlock would work though.

It's not a question of controversy, but why in the hell would you set expectations when you have no information to work from? Do you enjoy being disappointed?
    Having lofty expectations and actually expecting said expectations to met don't always go hand in hand. I noted some of what I would like to see in an upcoming ES game, but I have zero expectation of any of it being met. If any of it is, though, then I'm happily surprised. Some folks can be aware that they have what amount to pipe dreams and are able to write them off as such.

- - - Updated - - -

1. Never been a fan of how landmarks show up on the compass well before you're really near them. Fast travel is a nice convenience, but I do agree that travel in Morrowind (silt striders along with Mark/Recall) were more immersive and had some logic to them. I wouldn't be heartbroken if they removed fast travel, but I also would not expect that to happen.

2. Don't expect those to return, but wouldn't cry if they did.

3. At least with PC versions, such things are moddable...hopefully a newer engine will go a ways toward helping with this.

4. Seems to me part of the appeal in ES games has always been becoming ungodly powerful...I mean we could battle and kill a god in Morrowind if we wanted to. I would not be opposed to this, though...what's the point in working to find/make stuff like Daedric/Glass when you can cap armor with mid-level armor?

5. Morrowind artifacts were far more impressive. Hell, even Oblivion artifacts made anything in Skyrim look lame. But maybe it was less the result of the Skyrim artifacts being lame/weak and more due to the fact that enchanting was brokenly OP, so custom-enchanted gear outclassed the artifacts by miles.