Quote Originally Posted by W1shm4ster View Post
    [IMG]https://pics.onsizzle.com/nice-explosion-heres-a-lewd-megumin-sorry-for-the-lack-3505956.png[IMG]

Thats what Rune thinks
    YOU'RE THE ONE THAT PLAYS WOW ALL THE TIME. You don't even play anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by W1shm4ster View Post
    Rune would've never confessed that he likes german lolis here :')

That probably why he secretly wants me, but is too shy to admit it.
    I want Constanze, not you. :[
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Tank loli's?
    Haven't watched it yet. No intention to currently either.

Watching enough this season, and One Piece alongside...
    Last edited by Runeweaver; 2017-05-11 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post

What restrictions? What nonsense? You are just being vague.
    Posting time limits, forbidden topics, bandwidth issues.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Runeweaver View Post
    YOU'RE THE ONE THAT PLAYS WOW ALL THE TIME. You don't even play anything else.

I want Constanze, not you. :[

Haven't watched it yet. No intention to currently either.

Watching enough this season, and One Piece alongside...
    Everyone knows you lust for me ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Also everyone mourns that you've bad taste
    Sig by Thor

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

rawr
    how is everypony this fine evening?

10+ Year Old Account
    So, why exactly is Discord bad now?
    Sig by Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Djorana View Post
    Tedious as in:
    I post a thing.
    -wait a few minutes-
    Person replies to the thing.
    -wait again-
    etc.
    It just takes a lot longer to communicate here, among other things, due to the time limit on posts and having to manually refresh to check for new posts.
    So you're saying that in Discord you NEVER have to wait for a response, ever? On Discord everyone responds instantly no matter what? Come on. In either case if the person is online having that conversation with you they will respond as quick as possible, but not everyone is going to be glued to this thread or Discord that they are waiting with bated breath that they do nothing else but wait for you to respond so they can start typing the very moment you send your response.

Other things that are more hindrance than helpful for this style of talking are: 10char minimum, new sites sometimes hiding the last post when people post in quick succession and others skip to the latest page, having to manually embed links, images, etc....
    The list goes on. It shouldn't be toooo hard to see the differences between a forum and a chat. ^^
    You're acting like all of these took so much time that you were wasting so much by doing these.

10 character limit? You mean typing your message and filling in the rest with spaces and a period? That took at most what, 2 extra seconds?

Quick succession? You said that this place was slow and dying for years. It can't be both slow and quick, those are literally antonyms, especially when you've said it hasn't been fast for a long time, so long that the last post being lost shouldn't have been an issue anymore.

Manually embed images and links? You mean highlighting something and clicking a button or just posting the link and it did that automatically anyways? This is so annoying to you that you need a chat service to make it "easier"? https://www.google.com/ I literally just copy and pasted that, I didn't add any links it was as simple as it is anywhere else. It was the same amount of effort here as it would be in Discord, so stop saying you can't do it here.

As for pms, yes, you write a thing and the other replies.
    Except you need to manually refresh. And edit the quoted message at some point bc it gets too large. And then go back through random pms to find a previously posted thing. And the 1000 message limitation, regardless if it is all with 1 or 200 people you talk to. And the 1 minute wait time between messages.
    Again you act like you don't have to wait at all between messages on Discord, like the other person is quick as lightning and you only wait seconds to get a response every single time.

Also manually refreshing took a full second and editing the message was as easy as highlighting everything and hitting backspace. When it comes to PMs you could easily have e-mailed the other person if this issue was here for years, then this whole point is moot anyways. There were already better things that you never needed this site for. Frankly, if you need to edit the PM that much then you should probably have already been using something better, but you weren't. You could have been using text messages, talking on the phone, e-mails, or anything else, so don't act like Discord was suddenly the first thing to ever allow you a better way to communicate past this website.

That is factually wrong. The server was advertised several times by Aryd, Gar and Ziru, and others as well, referring to them bc they held the info. It wasn't openly posted, duh, that'd be stupid and defeat the purpose of it, if any bot or random guy can pick it up and join and do shenanigans with it.
    I never saw it and when I don't see it when I come here everyday then I'd love for you to find where it was.

But it certainly was available.
    It killed the thread, yes.
    But very much resurrected the community we used to have, that was long lost on the thread.
    The thread was much less than the threadbare remains of what it used to be and the Discord server renewed this very thing. At the cost of "the thread"? Sure.
    But most others here care less about some arbitrary collection of messageboard threads than about the people they talked to a lot over the last years and who were a very close community to them, in many places friends and in some even more.
    The thread may have been left behind, but what it represented to many of us lived on and flourished/s on Discord.

Now, of course everyone has different priorities and values, so I can see how to some, losing the thread in and of itself might be quite a bummer...
    :3c
    Okay, so let me get this straight. You are agreeing that my very first point, the thing that caused this little debate, that Discord killed the thread is true? Then what was with the purpose for that sarcastic comment in the first place? You initially said it didn't, but now it did. Pick one.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2017-05-11 at 09:31 PM.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Dragon View Post
    rawr
    how is everypony this fine evening?
    Stuff and things

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Okay, so let me get this straight. You are agreeing that my very first point, the thing that caused this little debate, that Discord killed the thread is true? Then what was with the purpose for that sarcastic comment in the first place? You initially said it didn't, but now it did. Pick one.
    It killed the thread but revived the community. There are people active in the Discord that hadn't visited the thread in months.

I learned about the Discord from Ziru posting in the thread, so it definitely happened.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Specially, you can literally @someone and they will get a notification that pops up and shows that someone wrote to you, so people will respond way faster.
    Sig by Thor

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    My Dark Souls 3 builds haven't changed much

- - - Updated - - -

Oh this is grand. Just grand.

I plugged a periphial into my computer, and now it won't boot. Throws me to the windows failed to boot screen, repair isn't working. My only option is a complete system wipe and reinstall

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, the reset feature doesn't even work

This is amazing.

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I plugged a periphial into my computer, and now it won't boot. Throws me to the windows failed to boot screen, repair isn't working. My only option is a complete system wipe and reinstall

- - - Updated - - -

This is amazing.
    When does it fail to boot? Does it make it to the operating system loading screen? That's usually the determining factor. My first guess would be that in the BIOS it's trying to boot to the thing you plugged in and going "what is this? There's no operating system on this thing! ERROR! >:O" Check the boot order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    When does it fail to boot? Does it make it to the operating system loading screen? That's usually the determining factor. My first guess would be that in the BIOS it's trying to boot to the thing you plugged in and going "what is this? There's no operating system on this thing! ERROR! >:O" Check the boot order.
    The Mobo is giving a good code that it's handing the BIOS over to the OS, and the computer still knows there are multiple disk drives and it knows which drive has the OS. The peripheral was USB and not anything with storage.

It goes to the OS loading screen, then BSOD's out into 'System Thread Exception Not Handled'

- - - Updated - - -

I was very meticoulous when I built this computer to keep everything together should I ever need it again

And here I am, unable to find the Windows 10 installation disc

- - - Updated - - -

I can't get it to do anything. It needs to be wiped I guess but I can't get it to reset, restore, or anything from this BSOD screen. And I can't get it to start in safe mode, or anything. NOTHING

time for this dragon to retire to his cave
    g'nite everypony

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

This is amazing.
    walk softly and carry a big stick its a tried and tested method.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    walk softly and carry a big stick its a tried and tested method.
    I downloaded a recovery tool from Windows, installed it to a flash drive, forced the computer to boot from the flash drive, ran the windows 10 from a clean install and formatted the SSD the OS was on. Probably lost everything on there, but what had to be done, had to be done.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by isi View Post
    [IMG]http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/310/062/291.png[/MG]
    Yozzers Isi. How're you?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    [IMG]https://i.chzbgr.com/full/9033999872/h605DA8D5/[/IG]
    Finding live animals in crane games.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866