View Poll Results: Tinkers as the next class?

Voters
937. This poll is closed
  • Yes - If done correctly

330 35.22%
  • No - Tinkers make no sense

340 36.29%
  • Maybe - If done correctly

122 13.02%
  • Other - Stated below

15 1.60%
  • Don't give a fuck either way

130 13.87%
Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Food, like mages do, but from a fridge.
    Nooo, nooo.

Kaja'Cola vending machines.

Quote Originally Posted by God Among Men View Post
    When I think Tinker, in WoW, I think of this guy:

I could see Tinkers having 2 roles. Tank (Melee or Ranged) and DPS (Melee or ranged). Personally, I would love to see two tank specs and one dps spec. The tinker would essentially pilot a suit that would "upgrade" as they level, constantly swapping items on their suit. This would make most suits very unique between layout, color, and skill.

That's just me though.
    Range tanks don't work. They just end up being melee tanks or it screws up the way every other person deals with the mobs.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Xelium View Post
    Would there be limitations to using this Class. For example, would you have to be 700 skill level with engineer before unlocking this class? I wonder...
    Sounds like the very opposite of fun.

As long as I can be a tinker as a Tauren and/or Forsaken... fuck it, i'll allow it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Range tanks don't work. They just end up being melee tanks or it screws up the way every other person deals with the mobs.
    Yep, my Bounty Hunter in SWTOR is sure as fuck a melee tank after the first,.... you know, 2 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I'm amused how people are quick to add 'orcs' to the list of possible tinkers, yet always make the mistake of not adding humans to the list as well. Also, Draenei don't really have 'expertise in engineering'. They're just jewelcrafters. All of their stuff is based on magic jewels.
    Yet one of the Exarch's in the last expansion was an engineer. Sure its more of a magic and technology mix, but its still technology. Also limited expertise on Naaru tech like Tempest Keep.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Considering the number of classes for each type of armor (2 mail, versus 3 plates/clothes and 4 leathers), and the number of tank (6), healing (5), ranged dps (6) and melee dps specs (8), it seems a given that the next class will use mail armor and have a combination of ranged dps and healing specs to try to equilibrate roles/drops.

I think all the different discussions/suggestions that I have read end up with Necromancer, Tinker, Bard and Runemaster as the most likely new classes, depending on the lore of the expansion. Tinker is probably the only one that make sense for using mail.. And at least there is a cool factor to it. I don't really see Bard as a big seller, but maybe that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    In my opinion? They already exist, in the form of the Engineer profession. Yes, I know, 'professions are not classes, yaddayadda', but the fact is: lore-wise, everything a Tinker would do, the Engineer already does. Lore-wise, how is it any different from a Hunter who has a mechanical pet plus bombs, turrets, mechs, etc. everything an engineer makes?
    They could expand further on the profession by creating an entire class around it and then removing the profession. It's not like Blizzard shy of removing already existing abilities - See Demo how it lost Meta-form because they created DHs that apparently needed this CD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mikah View Post
    Considering the number of classes for each type of armor (2 mail, versus 3 plates/clothes and 4 leathers), and the number of tank (6), healing (5), ranged dps (6) and melee dps specs (8), it seems a given that the next class will use mail armor and have a combination of ranged dps and healing specs to try to equilibrate roles/drops.

I think all the different discussions/suggestions that I have read end up with Necromancer, Tinker, Bard and Runemaster as the most likely new classes, depending on the lore of the expansion. Tinker is probably the only one that make sense for using mail.. And at least there is a cool factor to it. I don't really see Bard as a big seller, but maybe that's just me.
    I don't think the game NEEDS an equal amount of users of the different types of armor as well as tank/healer/dps etc. If an idea is cool and fits the game, then that's it, they don't have to make it awkward just to fit some arbitrary equality. It's like all the people that expected DHs to use mail "just because.." instead of the more lore-wise realistic leather type.

I have seen many times the idea of the Tinker Healer spec being related to alchemy with potions and stuff.

However, i think it will be way cooler if the spec was based around Long time heals and lots of shields and barriers.With a new type of resource that fills with the damage absorbed and can be used to power up other spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    Yet one of the Exarch's in the last expansion was an engineer. Sure its more of a magic and technology mix, but its still technology. Also limited expertise on Naaru tech like Tempest Keep.
    None of the Exarchs is an engineer, back in Draenor. The closest I've found is Exarch Hataruu, but nothing about him suggests he's an engineer in the Azerothian sense. I am pretty sure that, considering the overwhelming evidence about Draenei evidence being solely based on magic crystals, the only reasons for a sole Draenei 'engineer' to exist is to be a trainer and because the game does need an NPC with 'engineer' tag.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by K4sk View Post
    They could expand further on the profession by creating an entire class around it and then removing the profession. It's not like Blizzard shy of removing already existing abilities - See Demo how it lost Meta-form because they created DHs that apparently needed this CD.
    It's one thing to prune a class or profession. It's another thing entirely to remove an entire profession from the game. That is not going to happen. Engineer enthusiasts would wield pitchforks and torches against Blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    i make most my post between doing things so i'm not going to go in depth and nit pick why i dislike every tinker idea I've seen on this forum suck and sound dumb are good enough generalizations for me at the moment.
    Well then, I can see any worthwhile discussion is not to be had. Thanks for stopping by.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bigbleach View Post
    I really like the idea of tinkerers, but I really wouldn't want another class like druids where their gear is hidden, even if its just for the tank spec being in the mech. but the whole idea around the class is very appealing
    The mech suit would BE the gear and would change as new "upgrades" were added

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like this sort of range should come with a rooting style effect, ultimately holding the mob or boss in place for a short duration and then kiting to an extent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone just posted a poll the other day regarding the most hated races with Goblins and Gnomes leading the pack. I think, as most xpacs and classes have been thematically the same, a tinker (gnome and goblin) would be more hated than pandas.

That being said... I'd really like it to be added.

This is refreshing we haven't talked about Tinkers for about a week.

- - - Updated - - -

Range tanks, mid range dps, and support classes all work... if your development team isn't a bunch of lazy shits.

Blizzard doesn't want to change raid design though.

Nope their idea of interesting/fun/challenging is just more random ground clutter, and damage to avoid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    Someone just posted a poll the other day regarding the most hated races with Goblins and Gnomes leading the pack. I think, as most xpacs and classes have been thematically the same, a tinker (gnome and goblin) would be more hated than pandas.
    Most people hate the diminutive races usually for pure jealousy... or pure stupidity. Personally, Gnomes are my favorite. They are charismatic, inventive, intelligent, and are the original race of Azeroth thanks to the Titans. While the curse of flesh weakened them into mortality, it did not waiver their intellectual level. I would put Mekkatorque's tinker suit against a world boss any day of the week. Plus, thanks to gnomes, we have seige engines, skyships, tanks, fancy ranged weapons, and more. One of the coolest mounts in the game is a mech gnome head...

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well then, I can see any worthwhile discussion is not to be had. Thanks for stopping by.

- - - Updated - - -

The mech suit would BE the gear and would change as new "upgrades" were added

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like this sort of range should come with a rooting style effect, ultimately holding the mob or boss in place for a short duration and then kiting to an extent.
    look at my last post in this thread i gave more reasons why i thought its a crappy idea as i said in that post it was a good enough generalizations at the moment.

When I think Tinker, in WoW, I think of this guy:

I could see Tinkers having 2 roles. Tank (Melee or Ranged) and DPS (Melee or ranged). Personally, I would love to see two tank specs and one dps spec. The tinker would essentially pilot a suit that would "upgrade" as they level, constantly swapping items on their suit. This would make most suits very unique between layout, color, and skill.

That's just me though.
    ranged tanks dont work, because there is no such thing really, there used to be, but only on caster bosses (warlock tanks) cause there is no way to be a ranged tank since the mob will just walk to you... then banm your in melee... unless you have a pet, but tanking with a pet is no fucking fun, with how janky they are to move around... but tinkerer could prob have a heal spec

7+ Year Old Account
    As much as i would love to play a Goblin Tinker i think it's to late. There are already to many classes. They suck at class balance as it is. So ya i would love to play one but i think they should stop with the new classes.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    As long as I can be a tinker as a Tauren and/or Forsaken... fuck it, i'll allow it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, my Bounty Hunter in SWTOR is sure as fuck a melee tank after the first,.... you know, 2 seconds.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i remember being a bounty hunter ,i was the rocket guys (arsenl i think?)
    and my friend was a bounty hunter tank, he kept calling it ranged tanking, i said "ok show me, i dont think ive ever seen one of them be a range tank"
    he then shot a mob and said 'see ranged"
    i face palmed so hard as the mob then ran to him and he fought it in melee saying it was "ranged tanking because he could pull it from a range"

Most people hate the diminutive races usually for pure jealousy... or pure stupidity. Personally, Gnomes are my favorite. They are charismatic, inventive, intelligent, and are the original race of Azeroth thanks to the Titans.
    Ha
    Lolnope.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

I don't see how Tinkers could possibly work without stomping all over the Engineering profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post

That being said... I'd really like it to be added.

This is refreshing we haven't talked about Tinkers for about a week.

- - - Updated - - -

Range tanks, mid range dps, and support classes all work... if your development team isn't a bunch of lazy shits.

Blizzard doesn't want to change raid design though.

Nope their idea of interesting/fun/challenging is just more random ground clutter, and damage to avoid.
    A tank with aggro isn't going to be able to stay at range. If somehow they got it down so a mob would stay put once this new range tank had threat on them positioning would be awful for this type of tank. Other games have tried it and that ranged tank becomes a melee tank just as quickly as the others.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    Ha
    Lolnope.
    And there you have it...