Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Worth it to Upgrade to S8+ from S7?

I was offered to upgrade to the S8+ for $170.

Anyone think this is worth it?

10+ Year Old Account
    No unless you can get on one of those early upgrade plans. That just me. S8 is obviously faster but phones don't change enough year-to-year for me to recommend getting one every year.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Yes. The S8+ corrects almost all the little annoyances of previous generations.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking about upgrading to an S8 from the HTC One M9, once my employment is sorted that is.

I Love my s8+.

My second one that is...lol

Deleted
    Nah.

I have S7, its one of worst phones ever. Battery degraded in less than a year to point that I have to charge every 1-2 days with very low usage and I can't swap it. My good old S3 that I gave to sister still runs flawlessly. Another sister also has newish Samsung phone that requires constant charging.

It used to be a good brand, but new generations are crap.

Next phone I'll be getting won't be a Samsung phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Nah.

I have S7, its one of worst phones ever. Battery degraded in less than a year to point that I have to charge every 1-2 days with very low usage and I can't swap it. My good old S3 that I gave to sister still runs flawlessly. Another sister also has newish Samsung phone that requires constant charging.

It used to be a good brand, but new generations are crap.

Next phone I'll be getting won't be a Samsung phone.
    I have the same problem. My battery degraded in less than a year and I have to charge it twice a day.

I'm thinking, however, that with the extra battery of the S8+ it will be worth the upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to charge my phone every day with about 2-3 hours of heavy usage and general checking every 20 mins for 30 secs throughout the day. 100% to around 20-40% at the time I go to bed. Of course I have a Nexus 6 so its like half the price or less and also about 1.5 years old to me.

Deleted
    You mean the Samsung Ladyshave?

Could also get yourself an iPhone!

Quote Originally Posted by TidesOfBlood View Post
    I have the same problem. My battery degraded in less than a year and I have to charge it twice a day.

I'm thinking, however, that with the extra battery of the S8+ it will be worth the upgrade.
    I play talk radio for 8 hours straight at work and my batter goes from 99 to about 71 each day. One night I forgot to charge it and after 2 shifts of work over about 32 or so hours I was at like 17%.

The s8+ is amazing.

My last phone LG g3 was the best for I ever has though. 2.5 years and after my work shift it would be at like 41%.

The S7 was not that great.
    The 8+ is a better phone.

Is it worth it for you though? Thats something only you can answer.
    It was for me.

Deleted
    why not just use your free phone from work - no point spending money on something you get for nothing...

I'm considering switching from note 4 to regular s8, don't know if it's worth waiting for note 8, s-pen was nice, but I don't use extremely often.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

They both run a Samsung/goolge half android half something else mashup, so you still won't get a decent phone. So stick with what you have.

Or get a Pixel or an iPhone.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    They both run a Samsung/goolge half android half something else mashup, so you still won't get a decent phone. So stick with what you have.

Or get a Pixel or an iPhone.
    I couldn't help but to notice, that there's something very wrong there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Personally, it's an outrageously expensive phone so I wouldn't, but if cost is not an issue for you then it's supposed to be notable improvement over the 7.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Indeed, I forced myself to include Pixel to avoid being labeled a troll, but at least it is real Android.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    iPhone is far superior to other competitors. Not talking about mere hardware or customization specs. Usability and UX are not just better on Apple products, they dominate the market.

Marketing is also excellent if I may add. If you've got the money, get an iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    iPhone is far superior to other competitors. Not talking about mere hardware or customization specs. Usability and UX are not just better on Apple products, they dominate the market.

Marketing is also excellent if I may add. If you've got the money, get an iPhone.
    They were superior the first few years of iPhones. ATM Android-phones have better specs, and user interface experience is a matter of preference. I have never found Apple to be more intuitive, but they're all easy to understand, and so it comes down to how important it is for you to customize the interface to your liking. And Androids are better at this. Yes, Apple dominate the market still and might have better marketing, indeed. But that's not reasons for buying an Iphone, unless it's important for your gadget to be the most popular one. Personally, I favor Android now, but if the next iPhone turns out to be an excellent device at a competitive price, I'll go for that. I don't see any reason to be loyal to a particular brand.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    They were superior the first few years of iPhones. ATM Android-phones have better specs, and user interface experience is a matter of preference. I have never found Apple to be more intuitive, but they're all easy to understand, and so it comes down to how important it is for you to customize the interface to your liking. And Androids are better at this. Yes, Apple dominate the market still and might have better marketing, indeed. But that's not reasons for buying an Iphone, unless it's important for your gadget to be the most popular one. Personally, I favor Android now, but if the next iPhone turns out to be an excellent device at a competitive price, I'll go for that. I don't see any reason to be loyal to a particular brand.
    UX is engineered and improved through testing and iteration, it's not a matter of preference even though that what you'd think at first sight. I'm as biased as you are, but this being an integral part of my line of work, there's little any other company has over Apple in that department. This is as much related to iOS as it is to iPhone due to Apples in-house development culture.