15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draex View Post
    I didn't say I went up linearly I.e. Winning every game in a row, in fact generally I'd win 3 or 4 games then get matched with a total joke team (usually some boosted gold guy Insta locking widow/genji and being terrible) and losing so missing out on the bonus points.

My point was I was 2993 before the patch, played 3 games after and ran into Hanzo players who were terrible. Not played since, due to exams.
    What patch are you on about? The Hanzo changes are still on PTR and the game hasn't had an update in two weeks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    What patch are you on about? The Hanzo changes are still on PTR and the game hasn't had an update in two weeks.
    Weird my game defo updated before I played last. So you're telling me they were just even more idiot Hanzo players than I thought?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    A good widow can dominate a game

problem is

you need to be a very good widow.
    Just had a match last night on Hanamura, we won the attack round fairly easily (I Zaryaed and we womboed Point B for a teamkill), and they used a Widow for most of their attack round. While we lost Point A eventually, and they ALMOST took Point B, their Widow wasn't a big threat. We had a Winston to deal with her if she was an issue, but she just wasn't good, and wouldn't switch until the last minute or so. She'd sit on the overpass looking down at Point B, and I was Lucioing all over, and she'd be trying to hit me, and occasionally getting a body shot, but I never felt any pressure to break LoS, really. We mostly just ignored her, because the rest of her team was posing a bigger threat.

I was consistently able to dance around on the point with Lucio and keep the capture from progressing long enough for my team to get back. Which shouldn't happen against a good Widowmaker; we're talking about a situation where she's got teammates on the point and Lucio is the only enemy team member up and who's spending all his energies on not dying, not on shooting back at her.

This is the issue; a missed shot with Widow means she may as well be AFK. A missed shot with a Reaper on the point means he's still pushing the cap and providing a body the enemy has to clear off and a fear of his ult being triggered. If you're not consistently hitting with Widowmaker, its like you aren't even playing, because you're so far removed from the point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draex View Post
    Weird my game defo updated before I played last. So you're telling me they were just even more idiot Hanzo players than I thought?
    There was a few mini bug fix patches, I think, but no content updates since end of April.

There has been a slight trend of more Hanzo players 'getting practice' pending the update.

Would expect an update 5/16, or at the latest 5/23, for the anniversary event stuff. Also Season 4 ends probably in the next two weeks (they said this month and that a timer would be added).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Just had a match last night on Hanamura, we won the attack round fairly easily (I Zaryaed and we womboed Point B for a teamkill), and they used a Widow for most of their attack round. While we lost Point A eventually, and they ALMOST took Point B, their Widow wasn't a big threat. We had a Winston to deal with her if she was an issue, but she just wasn't good, and wouldn't switch until the last minute or so. She'd sit on the overpass looking down at Point B, and I was Lucioing all over, and she'd be trying to hit me, and occasionally getting a body shot, but I never felt any pressure to break LoS, really. We mostly just ignored her, because the rest of her team was posing a bigger threat.

I was consistently able to dance around on the point with Lucio and keep the capture from progressing long enough for my team to get back. Which shouldn't happen against a good Widowmaker; we're talking about a situation where she's got teammates on the point and Lucio is the only enemy team member up and who's spending all his energies on not dying, not on shooting back at her.

This is the issue; a missed shot with Widow means she may as well be AFK. A missed shot with a Reaper on the point means he's still pushing the cap and providing a body the enemy has to clear off and a fear of his ult being triggered. If you're not consistently hitting with Widowmaker, its like you aren't even playing, because you're so far removed from the point.
    Sadly you have just described 85% of all widowmaker players and the primary reason for the stigma against them. I can only imagine the group chat on her side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    Sadly you have just described 85% of all widowmaker players and the primary reason for the stigma against them. I can only imagine the group chat on her side.
    And I want to be clear I'm not saying Widowmaker's useless. A GOOD widow is a goddamned nightmare. But a bad Widow is contributing about as much as the Torbjorn we had in one match who was throwing the fight by never using his turret and just standing in teamfights until he died.

I'm a terrible fucking widow. I can do single-player slow and patient sniping, but the high-octane snap-sniping in arena shooters like Overwatch just isn't in my skillset, and I'm probably never going to be great at it. So I just don't play her. Which I state because I'm not trying to come off as a "any noob can play her well" kind of person, I just want people to have the self-awareness to realize if they're not contributing that much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And I want to be clear I'm not saying Widowmaker's useless. A GOOD widow is a goddamned nightmare. But a bad Widow is contributing about as much as the Torbjorn we had in one match who was throwing the fight by never using his turret and just standing in teamfights until he died.

I'm a terrible fucking widow. I can do single-player slow and patient sniping, but the high-octane snap-sniping in arena shooters like Overwatch just isn't in my skillset, and I'm probably never going to be great at it. So I just don't play her. Which I state because I'm not trying to come off as a "any noob can play her well" kind of person, I just want people to have the self-awareness to realize if they're not contributing that much.
    I entirely agree. I frequently play support (because I pug a lot and no one plays support) and I've been in more than one game where the opposing widow made my life just hell. But I have been in far more games where I never even noticed that the other team had one or the one on my team is a waste of space. An exceptional widow can be a nightmare to play against. Thankfully there are very very few that are that good.

I enjoy playing snipers, but as you mentioned I know my limits and I won't play them in comp because I don't have the practice and I doubt I can contribute meaningfully playing one where it matters. In QP I'll play them now and then just for kicks though and it's always a good time in mystery heroes because at least there no one (typically) talks shit about what you are playing or how bad you are doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, way back when I used to play more FPS games, snipers were usually my first pick. Consequently, Widow was the first character I tried in Overwatch - on the demo machines that year at Blizzcon. I played her quite a lot in alpha too, before I'd accepted my limitations Now it's basically only when I get her in mystery heroes, and even then I tend to just fight on the objectives like a regular player and spray my machine gun for teamfights (until I die and get someone better), and limit actual sniping when we're trying to get a few picks before or after teamfights. I have subpar aiming skills so I'm better off on someone with a wide attack or someone who can just spray bullets and hope to hit something if I need to DPS.

Or someone who doesn't have to aim at all, like Junkrat.
    (I love Junkrat. No appologies to you Junk haters. But he's a rough pick in competitive so I rarely play him there. BUT HE'S STILL MY SPIRIT ANIMAL.)

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Trying to lower my rank as much as possible, almost at 1600 now. I'm aiming at 800 but it's gonna be hard to tank this much without being reported.

Quote Originally Posted by nvn View Post
    Trying to lower my rank as much as possible, almost at 1600 now. I'm aiming at 800 but it's gonna be hard to tank this much without being reported.
    But why? Isn't it ruining the game for everyone you play with/against?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    Not like I care, actually I get most of my fun from people raging on the vocal chat.

Post constructively
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-05-12 at 08:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Noticing an uptick in some very suspect play, not seen or reported anything for a couple of months, maybe more but today one player I enquired about their sensitivity; they claimed 3 but the speed they were moving, tracking and flicking they'd have to have been moving super-sonic across a 2 foot pad. If they were able to do that, they wouldn't have been at 2.4k. :|

Another, I was absolutely wrecking them for half the match, then suddenly they became a deity and just destroyed my entire team over and over. Same happened again in the next round. Almost like they flicked a switch.

Lastly, well, this https://gfycat.com/LameWideKestrel

Can tell its been a while since there was a wave.

Another, maybe related note; Genji's deflect, I see it end on my screen, so I take the shot but it's still happening on theirs so it gets deflected - how could this happen? I only have like 18ms latency. Is it favouring the defender and they benefit from higher latency?
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-05-12 at 11:13 PM.

Hit 2700 now.

Deleted
    I finally did it.. Solo q from 2500 to 3150 playing mainly Zen.. Luckily didn't run into further Hanzo mains, had a troll who went Mei but we carried him to victory!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    She wasn't even on voice and refused to communicate to anything we said.
    Let me guess, the game started with couple kids in your team instantly crying at the player who picked the Widowmaker?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    It's exactly that, but I doubt these kids actually care. Their upbringing probably consisted mostly of whiskey and fist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Let me guess, the game started with couple kids in your team instantly crying at the player who picked the Widowmaker?
    No actually, we didn't say anything like that. I tend to always give people the benefit of the doubt and let them prove that they know what they are doing, regardless of pick.

I did ask her politely to switch after we had capped the first point without her aid as she died three times in a row to the opposing Widowmaker. She managed to kill the other Widow a couple of times throughout the game but she didn't land a single noticeable kill that actually helped us. Since she didn't answer, I ignored her and focused on helping the rest of the team.

i had to quit playing because my old PC was dying and ran it horribly.
    finally got a new PC that runs it flawlessly a couple of weeks back and have taken it up again.

But jesus i don't remember MM being this horrible.
    i'm consistently at level 32 getting matched up against teams composed entirely of people that's prestiged several times (where our team has two or fewer above first prestige).
    i find it incredibly difficult to keep interest when i keep getting onesided slaughterfest MMs like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Jesus, what would it take to change this thread name? Just rename it to Overwatch Megathread. "How is everyone doing so far" sounds so dumb when it's been out a year.

Also hit 3000 using Hanzo only (except for when others picked him before me) from 2600 (end of placements)

10+ Year Old Account
    I renamed the thread but I don't think anyone was really confused by what the thread was about.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I said I was warming to Orisa. Played her a couple of matches in Comp just as a 'let's see' because attack hadn't gone so great, and wanted something different for defence. Her kit is strong, while she can still feel a little squishy in respect to *suddenly dead*, which can be a little nervy, but with your team around you that helps a lot, and another tank to back you up, she brings a lot of value, and is great fun.

Does the game still purposely rank you lower after placements, or is that done with now?