Poll: Did we ignore Pandaria

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    There are still plenty of people dwelling around Pandaria. World bosses alone make it a very appealing continent to visit. Not to mention raids and transmogs, pets, and mounts that drop there. In my opinion one of the better WoW expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelium View Post
    Did the WoD expansion cause us to leave Pandaria behind so quickly? Pandaria is a place jammed with lore that most people have ignored in their rush to get to Draenor. There are so many relics and areas to explore. Did we ignore Pandaria after WoD? I think that Yes. It did.
    I do not believe we abandoned it. You have to remember, MoP had a loooong drought time. Even so, there's A LOT of stuff people yet haven't completed in MoP either.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotan View Post
    Yes, something in that direction, because professions have been shit last 2-3 expansions. With all the catchup crap that makes most crafting mats from previous expansions worthless.
    If you aren't messing with me and you actually thinking being required to go to old zones and farm old mats for max level crafting would be fun and engaging gameplay and would fix what's wrong with professions then I don't really know what to say other than we'll have to agree to disagree.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I haven't ignored Pandaria, still go there ever so often. It is my favourite expansion after all.
    It's not my favourite, but it's very high up the list and I'm very fond of Pandaria (the lore, the scenery), so I do the same.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Deleted
    we didn't leave it too soon, or were you not around for the interminable length of the last tier?

i enjoyed MoP, but it didn't feel like part of the same game at times. back then we didn't have updated character models across the board either, and that only reinforced the disconnect between pandaren and, well, everything else.

honestly, though, how many boxes did it shift? pandaren were a huge selling point, probably the biggest there's been since the Lich King. i don't see many around these days, but at least they're in the game now. if blizzard's only goal with MoP was to get people to stop asking "when are we getting pandaren", i'd consider it a success.

a lot of stuff hasn't been picked up/developed upon, but this is nothing new. Neptulon, Taran-Zhu, Yrel, and Wrathion are probably all chilling together in The Restaurant at the End of the universe and bitching about Khadgar.

Mists was a boring, Jar Jar Binks-esque, broken toilet of an expansion. Pandaria was so easy to leave behind, sorry I'm not 10 years old, I don't think 'ook you in the dooker" is funny. If you would like to actually learn about Chinese culture please do so in documentaries and/or visits to China, it is all wonderful. Blizzards take on it was rather embarrassing. If they just removed MoP content one day and didn't tell anyone, even leaving the level gap in there, I still don't think anyone would notice.

Did we ignore Pandaria after WoD? Sure. Same as we ignored every Outland after WotLK, and ignored Northrend after Cataclysm, and ignored Draenor after Legion.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am in pandaland every day almost doing timeless isle, farming item sets in the raids and doing the world bosses for mounts so i havent left it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    We spent around 18months in SoO, so to answer your question, if anything we left it a bit too late.
    Orgrimmar was in Azeroth. So in one sense, people did not spend in Pandaria, the continent. I think some people were just too happy to leave Pandaria behind.

But it is no difference to the other expansion. Having levelled a character recently, I found I only needed to complete one zone and was able to move onto the next XP.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Play a monk, Pandaria will remain relevant through the Legion campaign.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

It was a shit xpack with bad cringy narrative based on botched lore that could have been much better, surrounded by EMO evil being and too much blabla Lorewalker Chode.

Also fucking godawful timeless isle.

I'm glad this cancer is over, the less we think about it the better the game feels.

Yes we ignored Pandaria after leaving. That was actually fortunate. It had nothing to do with WoD though. The reason I didn't get into the Pandaria lore was that it felt really "one off" while it was current. Basically, I knew before WoD started that it would not be relevant lore after leaving - it wouldn't easily carry over into any other expansion. So yeah, I agree with your choice, but I don't agree with the reasoning.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not ignore Pandaria. My HS is set there (shrine) and I run twice a week a few old raids.

Why worry about Pandas, when we have an "endless" wave of immortal demons to stop?

-_-

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    blizzard has this ridiculous notion fueled by vanilla-white-knighting idiots that every expansion has to have new continent which is idiotic - there are so many unuesed locations that its almost criminal - and all this cause few neckbeareds had problem with cata remodel of old world - blizzard should do something like this every 2nd expansion instead introducing bunch of new zones which will be as desolated as old ones once expansion is over
    You're seriously this mad at new content that you're insulting people (albeit very generically) who like new zones? You're seriously trying to connect Blizz adding a new continent every expansion with "a few neckbeards" who had a problem with Cata's remodeling of old zones? What does people who like Vanilla have to do with Blizz making new places as well? This is all grasping at straws on quite an amusing level. Take a breath, calm down, act like a human

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Pandaria was covered largely in Chronicles 1. Also some artifacts in Legion still are based on Pandaria lore.

Technically the Sha are gone, so there was a period of Peace on Azeroth until the Iron Horde invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Orgrimmar was in Azeroth. So in one sense, people did not spend in Pandaria, the continent. I think some people were just too happy to leave Pandaria behind.

But it is no difference to the other expansion. Having levelled a character recently, I found I only needed to complete one zone and was able to move onto the next XP.
    Siege of Orgimmar was the the name of the 5.4 patch that introduced the Timeless isles, a zone within Panda land. As for leveling it was balanced once or twice during Mists when it was still somewhat relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    I mean, I get that in the past. But WoD and Legion were heavily connected lore wise.
    Although there is expansions between, BC, WoD and Legion are well connected.

Yes, we ignore it. Good riddance.

Horribly forced chinese theme was always shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelium View Post
    Did the WoD expansion cause us to leave Pandaria behind so quickly? Pandaria is a place jammed with lore that most people have ignored in their rush to get to Draenor. There are so many relics and areas to explore. Did we ignore Pandaria after WoD? I think that Yes. It did.
    Pandaria is still one of the main places i vist. I have had my hearth set for there since were were in Pandaria. all those portals are nice to have fast access too, easpeailly when needing to get to northrend/old dal