Page 38 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    The Lib Dems have went for the stonner vote, so if the 420 crowd can be arsed to vote it should be a landslide for homophobic Tim.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39897999
    I don't think anyone believes anything Lib Dems failed anymore. They failed an entire generation (and everyone thereafter) in this country with their backtraking on the Student Tuition fee rises. I don't think people will forget that.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleuria View Post
    Labour Briefing magazine - of which Corbyn was on the board - said that it "reaffirmed its support for, and solidarity with, the Irish republican movement", and that "It certainly appears to be the case that the British only sit up and take notice when they are bombed into it”.

Either way he's just not this saint you make him out to be when it comes to the fact he's a sympathiser to terrorist groups.
    Bloody hell. That's the best you could come up with?

First, the Irish Republican Movement includes ALL those who want an independent Ireland-the vast majority of whom at the time were members of the non-violent SDLP, which Labour is affiliated to, and seeks a consensual democratic move to unification. There is nothing remotely controversial in the first sentence or anything to suggest support for terrorism.

Second, I asked you for a Corbyn quote. Not something someone on the same magazine wrote. As should be obvious magazines have eclectic ranges of opinion and may even invite counter-viewpoints to the house magazine philosophy. Ken Livingstone wrote for the right-wing Sun newspaper for example.

Finally, it depends on the context but the statement that the British only sit up and take notice when bombed into it is literally true. The peaceful civil rights movement ended with state murder-only to be replaced by the IRA and a long series of concessions.

I could make a stronger case for the queen being a IRA sympathizer than you have here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Second, I asked you for a Corbyn quote. Not something someone on the same magazine wrote. As should be obvious magazines have eclectic ranges of opinion and may even invite counter-viewpoints to the house magazine philosophy. Ken Livingstone wrote for the right-wing Sun newspaper for example.
    The piece in question was an editorial and Corbyn was on the editorial board. Your Sun/Livingstone example is false equivalency.

Bloody hell. That's the best you could come up with?

First, the Irish Republican Movement includes ALL those who want an independent Ireland-the vast majority of whom at the time were members of the non-violent SDLP, which Labour is affiliated to, and seeks a consensual democratic move to unification. There is nothing remotely controversial in the first sentence or anything to suggest support for terrorism.

Finally, it depends on the context but the statement that the British only sit up and take notice when bombed into it is literally true. The peaceful civil rights movement ended with state murder-only to be replaced by the IRA and a long series of concessions.

I could make a stronger case for the queen being a IRA sympathizer than you have here.
    All you have to do is look at history, he was on the board of a magazine that promoted the IRA and their methods of waking up the British people by slaughtering them(if I didn't want to be associated with that i'd have left the magazine instantly), he also attended the funerals of dead terrorist soldiers and also invited known IRA players into Westminster while they were actively bombing London.

He also had 0 to do with the apparent peace process you think he was involved in, it was mainly Blair, Major and Mowlam that did anything to help.

It just seems like you are willing to ignore his past actions but can totally get on board to bring up some one else past.
    Last edited by Fleuria; 2017-05-12 at 04:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    The snp backtracked on their promise to students (abolition of student loans and a return to the bursery system) and look where they are.
    Exiled to the wettest and windiest part of Britain?

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I don't think anyone believes anything Lib Dems failed anymore. They failed an entire generation (and everyone thereafter) in this country with their backtraking on the Student Tuition fee rises. I don't think people will forget that.
    Wow, that's a bit overly dramatic. It is easy to make promises when you don't believe you'll have to deliver upon them and that's exactly what they did. But even in coalition they were never in position to deliver free tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Wow, that's a bit overly dramatic. It is easy to make promises when you don't believe you'll have to deliver upon them and that's exactly what they did. But even in coalition they were never in position to deliver free tuition.
    I think people over state just how much power the lib dems had when in coalition. They thought the party could take the reigns when in reality all they could do was pull back the Tories from some of the worst stuff they were planning, as noted from the couple years we've had since the Tory win in 2015.

Deleted
    All you have to do is look at history, he was on the board of a magazine that promoted the IRA and their methods of waking up the British people by slaughtering them(if I didn't want to be associated with that i'd have left the magazine instantly), he also attended the funerals of dead terrorist soldiers and also invited known IRA players into Westminster while they were actively bombing London.
    Neither you not Kallis could produce a direct quote from Corbyn that at any stage he supported IRA violence. End of story.

You are both making it up

The quote you did eventually provide which is not attributable to Corbyn, is taken out of context. You didn't provide a link to the full text article because you have never read it, you are just quoting it secondhand from a Corbyn smear piece by the Telegraph.

I challenge you to actually link to the Full Text of the article cited.

The fact that Corbyn may have participated in memorials to Republican terrorists does NOT make him a terrorist. The Queen Of England has done the same thing.

Nor does talking to terrorists make you a terrorist. The Queen of England has done the same thing.

. And please stop lecturing me about the peace process. You weren't there, you don't know anything about it.

For those who care to look it up Corbyn's only public statements about the IRA are the usual bland lets-all-work-together stuff.
    Last edited by mmoc1414832408; 2017-05-12 at 05:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Saw the tories are over 50% in the polls... jesus... glad i'm not British.

Very relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    We do not need any more communist larpers, so we are glad you are not British as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    You only have 2 options in the UK, Tory or Labour, Labour have swung too far left for the majority of the British Population as the UK tends to be more centrist leaning and thus to gain votes parties tend to have to make themselves more centrist which currently this Labour have no intention of doing so thus they are quite far behind in polls.

A lot of the UK surprisingly support policies from the hard right and the hard left, so that is why in recent years to gain power you have to seem more centrist to be electable.

10+ Year Old Account
    The weird thing about May is that people do not really like her particularly, they see her as strong and stable decisive.

This graph shows where Corbyn fails, almost half amongst those who think May would make the best Prime Minister do so due to his weaknesses.

She is basically winning by default.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The weird thing about May is that people do not really like her particularly, they see her as strong and stable decisive.

This graph shows where Corbyn fails, almost half amongst those who think May would make the best Prime Minister do so due to his weaknesses.

I laughed at corbyn being weak. Me thinking he's just a stubborn old grandpa continues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post

For those of us who actually bet on these things I should point out this type of micro-polling is essentially meaningless.

People tend to make stuff up to rationalize an arbitary preference. The giveaway tends to be that a lot of this type polling
    expresses nakedly contradictory views.

Solve by experiment: if Kallis's hypothesis were correct we would see

a) A boost in UKIP/LD numbers, when the LD's are flatlining and UKIP is being destroyed.
    b) opinion polls showing how far in front Labour would be if Chukka Umma/Yvette Cooper were leader.
    c) some kind of historical meaningful correlation between micro-data and subsequent events of which is there none.
    d) we would not have seen Corbyn performing relatively well against Cameron before May's election.

To sum it up: all the pretty graphs are bullshit.

Deleted
    How the fuck do more people find Theresa May likeable than the opposite? I mean, I suppose I'm on her side but I'm kind of glad she's busy being the PM or she'd be off building a Death Star.

Deleted
    You only have 2 options in the UK, Tory or Labour, Labour have swung too far left for the majority of the British Population as the UK tends to be more centrist leaning and thus to gain votes parties tend to have to make themselves more centrist which currently this Labour have no intention of doing so thus they are quite far behind in polls.

A lot of the UK surprisingly support policies from the hard right and the hard left, so that is why in recent years to gain power you have to seem more centrist to be electable.
    The UK population mostly do what they are told by the newspapers. No election in my lifetime has been won without support from the mainstream media.

Most people simply repeat newspaper editorials verbatim. A good example is your bullshit smear about Corbyn being a terrorist above. You simply regurgitated a Daily Telegraph article and didn't even read the primary sources they themselves provided.

This is what Corbyn is up against. I'm amazed he has 20% of the vote in that context.

For those of who actually bet on these things I should point out this type of micro-polling is essentially meaningless.

People tend to make stuff up to rationalizen arbitary preference. The giveaway tends to be that a lot of this type polling

a) A boost in UKIP/LD numbers, when the LD's are flatlining and UKIP is being destroyed.
    b) opinion polls showing how far in front Labour would be if Chukka Umma/Yvette Cooper were leader.
    c) some kind of historical meaningful correlation between micro-data and subsequent events of which is there none.
    d) we would not have seen Corbyn performing relatively well against Cameron before May's election.

Fucking hell can you be any more delusional. You have had evidence thrown in your face about how Corbyn just isn't worth it and his past with sympathising with the IRA to the point he likely supported their campaign which killed British people and you're still spinning it to a place so far moved from reality I'm starting to wonder if you're a troll or just someone who can't put down the bottle.

It's people like you that will keep the Tories in power indefinitely if you keep trying to hold the Labour party to ransom with Corbyn and his like. He's another Foot, someone who can't be elected and yet certain members of the Labour party just don't seem to get it. The reason the PLP want him gone isn't personal, it's because they know what it takes to be in government. Sitting in the opposition and sprouting ideas is nice and all. But unless you're front benching on the government side of the Commons your wants, ideas, influence is a big fat 0.

- - - Updated - - -

The UK population mostly do what they are told by the newspapers. No election in my lifetime has been won without support from the mainstream media.

Most people simply repeat newspaper editorials verbatim. A good example is your bullshit smear about Corbyn being a terrorist above. You simply regurgitated a Daily Telegraph article and didn't even read the primary sources they themselves provided.

This is what Corbyn is up against. I'm amazed he has 20% of the vote in that context.
    Time to get out the check list of excuses.

MSN
    Torygraph
    We've already had corporations

Conspiracy nut confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those of who actually bet on these things I should point out this type of micro-polling is essentially meaningless.

People tend to make stuff up to justify an arbitary rationalization. The giveaway tends to be that a lot of this type polling

So what people think is bollocks when it comes to voting intentions?

Paul Nuttall is a clown, he makes ridiculous claims about being in the Hillsborough disaster and UKIP are seen as a one issue party whose issue has been solved, so not sure how you come to the conclusion we would see a boost in UKIP numbers.

Is Tim Farron popular? He comes across as a bit of a wet fish to me. The Lib Dems are still tainted by their time in the coalition.

Chuka Umunna seems likeable enough, he does have that "say nothing controversial" trait that I hate in politicians.

Yvette Cooper married Ed Balls, I think she should be sectioned.

Chuka Umunna is a well liked politician and actually presents himself as likeable, so it wouldn't surprise me that he would appeal to the more wide spread voter, kinda hope he runs for leadership again in the future.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Fucking hell can you be any more delusional. You have had evidence thrown in your face about how Corbyn just isn't worth it and his past with sympathising with the IRA to the point he likely supported their campaign which killed British people and you're still spinning it to a place so far moved from reality I'm starting to wonder if you're a troll or just someone who can't put down the bottle.
    A claim that a person is a terrorist sympathizer is a very serious one. You need evidence. None has been provided.